“Would stay again!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Myrtle Beach
Ocean Lakes Family Campground
Duncan, South Carolina
“Would stay again!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I staied in 1596 for a week it was overall a nice house. I can say if you have any problems will going up steps this house is not for you. There are 16 steps leading up the the actual house and then another 13 steps to get to the rooms. But other than that this is a great house. Plan on renting a golf cart while you are there which is $50 a day. It comes in handy. Overall my family had a great time.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
spencer
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Per the pictures on the website this would be a fun affordable place to stay at Ocean Lakes. When we pulled in the parking lot you could smell the musty smell of the house. It was filthy!!! Stains on all the furniture and ants everywhere. The floor in the bathroom had duct tape to cover holes. This could be a cute place on the lake for a small family , but it needs lots of work. Thank you to the Ocean Lakes Staff who worked diligently to get us another house.

Stayed August 2014
5 Thank WVmotomom
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Our family loved this house. The Jennings family are some of the most gracious people we have rented from. Their house was beautiful, spacious and just felt like home. Ocean Lakes is a great place to vacation. Everyone was so friendly and respectful. Would definitely rent from the Jennings family again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Maryland
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I took our 10 month old and along with my sister and brother in Law for a 5 night 6 day trip to MB. The campground is huge. We rented a golf cart. Definitely the way to get around. The campground itself is located in a great spot in MB you can get to things with a quick drive but you're not in the chaos.
The site was a nice size. We paid extra for ocean front but honestly you can't see the ocean from that area. Save the money and stay farther away. Its also quieter the further you get from that main road along the beach. That's where the golf carts drive by the most. We were there before the busiest time so the golf carts weren't a bother other than the ocassional loud music coming from one. It was nice to hear the ocean at night. The grounds were kept clean. Wish their outdoor pool was heated. It was too cold to really enjoy it in May. We used the indoor but would have liked to use both. Bathhouse is immaculate. Wonderful! We actually stayed an additional night we had so much fun. This is where my con came in. We paid for in season rates for the one additional night we stayed since it was thst in between week before memorial day weekend. I dont mind paying extra for more amenities or something worth while. The snack bar by the beach was closed the whole time. There were no midweek activities other and one thing in the am. We did have fun and the food was great at the snack bar. We also found out you can store your camper there and call ahead and have them put your camper on a site for you whenever you want to come down. That may be something we do.
All in all we loved ocean lakes. We wanted to be near the beach and have some fun and we did :)

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank iluvtravel514
VA
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The front gate is traffic. Going to Walmart takes ages. Some of the rookies resort to running the red light and blocking the box causing 17 North to back up all the way to Surfside Beach. I wish management would station a guard to line up the cars. Bad traffic.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jercha
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I have a love hate relationship with this campground. This campground is huge. The sites are a bit tight, but most have a concrete slab. Full hook ups with cable. Most sites are very close to the beach. Nice pools, mini golf and arcade for the kids. The beach is why we come. The only down side for me is the constant parade of golf carts. Non stop all day and late into the night. We usually come here in the off season when the park isn't full. That has defiantly helped with the cart traffic. We really enjoy this campground and the beach.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Sc-berk
Crossville, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My family just returned from Ocean Lakes today and I felt it was the perfect time to write a review. This was our 4th year of visiting Ocean Lakes; however it was the first year we rented a house. When we arrived to our rental house Q3 we where well pleased with everything. The first problem was encountered when we realized the linen rental company had forgot to leave our king size sheets. A call to their office had them promptly delivering them to us. I highly recommend utilizing the linen service. This unit had a washer and dryer so we could easily keep our laundry caught up. It was the first time ever I came home with all my clothes cleaned and ready to put away. Unfortunately at around 11pm that night when it became time to go to sleep we realized that the couch bed was an air mattress that did not have a pump. I called maintenance and they told me there was nothing that they could do about that and they where not familiar with our unit. I got the idea to use my blow dryer on cool and was able to inflate the bed so the kids could go to sleep however; by the next morning it had deflated. My kids ages 19 and 20 had to sleep on an air mattress on the floor for the rest of the week provided by ocean lakes which was not how we had planned for them. I also pulled out the trundle bed under the daybed and found popsicle wrappers, and candy wrappers underneath the bed. The mattress was stained and we had to vaccum off the fuzz bunnies before it could be used. I cleaned the area up and didn't complain since I had the other mattress to complain about the next morning.

The cruising noise has calmed down considerably. Warning tickets and stickers are being placed on the back of the rental carts to let security know that the cart has already been warned for various things. I know the yellow sticker is for loud music. My son quickly found that out when he cruised the first round. He had not been made aware of the rule changes and was playing his music as he cruised.

Overall the stay was pleasant and we will be back again just not too sure that we will rent a house again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
#25 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
Paradise Resort
Paradise Resort
#23 of 209 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Ocean Lakes Family Campground? Share your experiences!