“Good stay Good prices” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #135 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Saint Pauls, North Carolina
“Good stay Good prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

The hotel was nice and a very good view of the beach.They were clean and the staff were friendly and made us feel welcome. We stayed 2 nights..This is our 2nd vacation here and I highly recommend others to come

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Rebecca M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We pulled in without any reservations, after driving over 13 hours we pulled into sand castle resort and immediately we were accommodated! Our room had a awesome view of the ocean. The rooms were very clean. Even though it was a but chilly outside our kids still wanted to swim in there clean pools. Next time we travel to myrtle beach, sand castle resort is where we will stay!

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chris B, Front Office Manager at Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and sharing your stay with others! We look forward to seeing you again in the future and providing another memorable vacation to you and your family.
Deadwood, South Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

the hotel was pleasant enough with nice view. it was off season so not many amenities were available such as resturant closed and outdoor pool area looking a little dirty and run down and tiki bar closed but wasn't going to use the outdoor pool anyway since temperature in the 50s. Indoor pool suited our needs nicely. hotel its self a little run down but our room was very clean and comfortable with a nice price too.

Room Tip: ask for ocean front not ocean view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us!

During the time of year that you visited us, many of our amenities are closed for the season. Including the outdoor pool, tiki bar, and restaurant. We encourage you and your family to visit us again during one of Myrtle Beach's beautiful warm months and take advantage of our low rates!

Once again, thank you for taking the time to give us a review and share your experience with the online community!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days in January, and what a delight it was! My room was located on the northern most side of the three building complex, and overlooked a city park. So the room I had booked with the "partial ocean view" was actually a room where my view was almost completely unobstructed! I left the curtains opened my entire stay, because there was little chance anybody could see in, and as I would awake I would open my eyes looking at the ocean. WHAT A WAY TO START THE DAY! I took photos, which I am sharing of the view of the beach, taken from my bed, as well as a sunrise I took from my balcony. The best part of my stay was that, because it was the off-season, I paid very little for this room. The towels in the bathroom were configured to resemble shells, and the tub was a pleasure to soak in. I was in the room one of the days when the young lady who cared for the room was there. Her name was Linda, and she was a delight to converse with. The boardwalk is only a little distance south down the beach. I just can't say enough good things about this place. I am eagerly looking forward to my next stay here. Good job, Sandcastle management team! (I wish there was a selection button that exceeded "Excellent" on the "Value" icon below.)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 1goodfoodlover
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Nothing makes us happier then seeing a guest enjoy the time that they spend with us at our resort. I will pass your compliments along to our team member Linda, who will also be delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future! Safe travels!
Holly Springs, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Wasn't sure about this hotel for two reasons. 1) Because high or low price oceanfront can turn out to be anything. 2) The reviews were a wide mix.

First of all when arriving Chris that was at the front desk gave the information that showed we should have called the hotel to book as it was $177 less and there would be an extra day. This prompted a call to Hotels.com and the money refunded and the day added. Chris was very courteous and the fact that he took time to take care of his customer went far in the decision whether I would visit here again even without seeing the room.

The room was oceanfront and had a great view as I love to look at the ocean no matter what time of the year or how hot or cold it is. The room itself was a bit worn and a bit outdated however there was nothing bad about the room and most rooms that are used as often as those that are oceanfront on a popular beach get run down pretty quickly. I have stayed at many rooms on the beach at Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach and they are all very similar.

The water pressure was wonderful. The housekeeping assisted with everything that was requested. The bed .... Well I am picky and almost all hotel rooms that are not going to cost me several car payments for the week have uncomfortable beds that I really hate. I suggest that if possible and if you travel often to get a mattress topper from a place like Walmart and keep it moving.

The first night I was having a hard time sleeping and every time I fell asleep some people were in the hallway hollering back and forth. I finally called the front desk and within 5-10 minutes the noise stopped after two slammed doors. The immediate attention to this was very much appreciated especially because I enjoyed my relax time however I was not feeling very well a lot of this particular trip and needed sleep.

While leaving arriving at the hotel when using the front entrance the greeting of the individual working each time (very unusual to get all the people to be so nice) was very nice and appreciated.

Unfortunately due to circumstances that changed the trip was cut a day short and the gentleman at the desk seemed to actually care and also looked to see if he could assist us with the missed night. We didn't even think to ask about this as it wasn't expected .... Usually once you reserve and arrive you don't get a refund, credit or even a person that cared to look. This was much appreciated and no he was not able to because we had booked third party however the time to look, seemed to care and apology that he couldn't do anything about the missed night was impressive and moved the Sandcastle into the will return list.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank hjpoole
Gray Hawk, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Our room was nice, it was a corner suite, had a great view of the ocean & beach, easy access to elevators and parking. Sandcastle at the Pavilion is easy to find, location is great to shops and restaurants

Room Tip: Use Sandcastle on line booking, great value and easy instructions, SAVE!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

4 Thank Layne S
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

Most recent stay was a long weekend, September 14-16, 2013. I have stayed here three to four times a year for the last five years. The customer service representatives are professional, efficient, friendly, and helpful. The cleaning staff is quick and friendly; not to mention, will go out of their way to provide what you may need in your room. I most enjoy the ROAR of the ocean. I like to walk on the beach, past the pier, and to the Boardwalk. A most convenient location. A wide range of rooms available. I recommend oceanfront or oceanfront efficiency for the full effect, yet have stayed sideview when needed a more reasonable price. The rooms are reasonable even during peak season. The decor was recently updated. Indoor and outdoor pools, kiddie pool, lazy river, cabana, hot tub and Italian Restaurant. Plenty of parking including a parking deck convenient to property. Best deals available online. This is my home away from home.

Room Tip: I prefer to stay above the second floor for a full, uninterrupted view of the beach and ocean.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Jeffery M
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and the online community!

Guests often tell us how helpful it is to read past guests' reviews before booking their own visits, and we are very appreciative that you have allowed others to read your experiences with us numerous times.

As always, we look forward to seeing you again! Safe Travels!