“A Little Bit of Heaven”

Ranked #138 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Greensboro, NC
“A Little Bit of Heaven”
Reviewed 22 January 2009

We have stayed at the Sandcastle at the Pavilion more than once this year and will stay many more times. My husband and I stayed at the Sandcastle and loved it so much when my daughter asked me to go to the beach with her and my granddaughter we never thought twice...it had to be Sandcastle at the Pavilion. She and I had only been back a couple of weeks and my husband and I went back to Myrtle Beach, back to the Sandcastle. The service at the Sandcastle is second to none.

We met at Myrtle Beach 42 years ago and have returned to the beach many, many times. Over the years we have stayed at several places, but after staying and the Sandcastle this will be the place for us.

We have stayed in different areas of the motel, but have had a great view each time.

One day during our stay in November, our three granddaughters and daughter stopped by to visit us. Since they were on their way home from school they decided to do their homework while we visited. There was just one problem, they didn't have enough pencils to go around. The granddaughters and I went down to the office to see if we might be able to borrow a pencil or two. The clerk on duty not only found pencils, made sure they were sharp, but even suggested the girls might take a dip in the pool once the homework was finished. The girls felt so special.

The staff at the Sandcastle always make us feel not only like special guests, but family. There is always a genuine warmness from the staff. Whether we are passing a staff member in the elevator, or outside, or in the office area, the staff is great. It is so nice to be appreciated as a guest.

• Liked — Service and view
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Mayodan,NC
Reviewed 7 January 2009

This was my first time at The Sancastle, all though it was in November the price was still better than many places. We loved the location, it's very easy to get in and out and close to many places we like to go. I will deffinatly stay there again. GREAT place.

• Liked — pools, location to resturants
  • Disliked — I found nothing wrong with this stay
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
Vienna
Reviewed 2 December 2008

Our stay at the Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort was excellent and very memorable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, the beach was wonderful to walk along and easily accessible from the hotel.
The hotel staff was courteous and very helpful. We enjoyed the peace and tranquility of our private oceanfront balcony.
The hotel was surprisingly affordable for what it offered. Shops and restaurants were plentiful within walking distance.
We definitely did not want to leave at the end of our stay. We will be returning to the Sandcastle in the future.
Thank You!

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 November 2008

We stayed at the Sandcastle only for 2 nights but I wish we would have stayed there the other 2 nights. It was a stressful vacation because we had to go to a funeral in Tennessee so our vacation was in 2 parts. The motel we were staying at didn't feel very safe and they were working on the beach all night long. So we decided to leave that hotel and look for another one.
We came across the Sandcastle and was really impressed with the outside of it plus it had a heated pool which we had wanted. We had a beautiful room with an ocean front view, absolutely gorgeous!!! The whole hotel was very clean and my boyfriend and I felt much safer. We never had to ask for anything. They had a nice pool and then a heated pool and a little lazy river.
The price was pretty reasonable as well, it was there off season. We did pay a little more than are previous hotel but it was well worth it! I am looking forward to going there again and staying and enjoying myself even more! I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — The view
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
north carolina
Reviewed 19 November 2008

My family and I really enjoyed our stay. This particular visit we stayed in an ocean front efficiency. It was extremely spacious and loaded with all sorts of great ammenities: the microwave, the big refridgerator, the stove and the dishes, nice comfy beds, 2 big t.v.'s , extra storage space and the great ocean view. The pools, jacuzzi, wet bar, room service, and location was all excellent!! :-) The staff was extremely courtious, too!!

Catrina V.
June 28-29 2008

Stayed June 2008
South Carolina
Reviewed 18 November 2008

I'm a registered architect and travel to Myrtle Beach annually.

My mother turned 70 y.o. on 31 August 2008. My family is small, but we nevered stayed at MB during the Labor Day weekend until this occasion. I thought that it would be real nice to combine my long weekend off with a celebration of my mother's birthday.

In addition, I never stayed at Sandcastle until on this occasion. I contacted the staff directly and found the front desk staff to be extremely helpful. I received literature on an upper floor penthouse (which I ultimately reserved) and was very pleased at the suite's near perfect condition upon my arrival.

We stayed in the Atlantica III Building (one the many buildings that makes up the entire Sandcastle Resort Complex). Everything in the suite worked and I found the support staff to be very helpful (from needing extra linens to locating certain kitchenwares). note: That was my fault, not the staff.

The pool facilities were great, especially the "lazy river" pool. The family atmosphere was appealing to my 10 y.o. son DJ.

Finally, I especially found the on-site dining facilities and the staff across the street to be equally good (note: I did not have to leave the Sandcastle complex to search for an alternate dining site).

I plan to return to this complex soon.

A. Lindsay (30, 31 August and 1 September 2008)

• Liked — I found the restaurant to be surprisingly good!
  • Disliked — Some people my have fears of heights (not me).
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
south carolina
Reviewed 18 November 2008

I am very fond of this hotel. When I come to Myrtle Beach this is where I always stay. Always!

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family