“Great Fall Getaway !!”

Ranked #2 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
New York
“Great Fall Getaway !!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We recently did 5 day's here from 10/26 - 10/31. Very nice, clean, friendly, ocean view was Awesome. Pools were empty, spotless as the beach was too. A great place to stay as it's near everything you need. Parking at night was a little crazy as we ended up on the 4th floor of the garage every night, I can only imagine what parking is like in season. All in all a nice place to get a way too...

Room Tip: Ocean Views from the 7th floor was awesome.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank dogroomr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Well the hotel was up to the usual Marriott standards. Well maintained,clean with well trained staff. The location was right in the middle of the Myrtle beach are close to every thing. The hotel is located right on the beach and most of the rooms have an ocean view.

The pools are very nice if you do not like going to the ocean. The food that I had for lunch was tasty. The meeting rooms are close and large.

Overall the value was could not be beat without all the taxes added to it but that is like that everywhere just about you go now a days.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SoilDoctor
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The most beautiful timeshare resort is found at Marriott Oceanwatch Villas at Grande Dunes in Myrtle Beach. Spectacular views, beautiful, spacious villas, and very accommodating staff. As owners since it was built, we have never had any complaints about anything at this Marriott property. Marriott thinks of every detail and does it to the best. Prior to being an owner we did stay at the Marriott hotel here. It is also very beautiful and first-class all the way. Highly recommend and will definitely stay over and over again. Very easy handicap accessibility. Staff is very attentive to any special needs.

Room Tip: Call the property directly if you have any special requests.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank greyttherapy
Northeast Ohio
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is a super facility that has everything that you would expect of a first-class resort: beautiful, well maintained grounds; easy access to the wide beach; well equipped work out room; pools and spas galore of every size and description, indoor and outdoor, a kids pool, a quiet serenity pool, oceanfront pools and all have plenty of seating; basketball, boceball, and even an area for cornhole. Our suite was modern and clean. All staff members were courteous, friendly and helpful. Plenty of free parking. Although there are no restaurants within walking distance, there is a huge selection of attractions and restaurants to suit every style and taste nearby within a 5 minute drive.

The resort itself is top of the line impressive. However, we were greatly disappointed with this Marriott's room assignment practices.

We have been Marriott Vacation Club members for more than 15 years. We purchased our interest when there were only very few Marriot Vacation Resort properties, with faith and trust that Marriott would recognize and appreciate our loyalty for joining the Vacation Club at the onset of their program. We always stay at Marriott properties when we exchange. We are also Marriott Gold Elite.

We came to this highly recommended resort by way of an exchange through Interval. We requested a high floor, oceanfront or oceanview at the time that we made the reservation. We renewed this request again a week before our check in date. We also repeated this request to a Marriott's 'check in specialists' who called the week before arrival, however, after much discussion, it was apparent that this specialist was mostly interested in having us agree to schedule for a sales presentation for Marriott's Destinations program.

At check in the desk clerk noted our request, but said that the resort was sold out and that there were no units available that would meet our request. We were given a 'Garden View' suite on a lower level floor in the Maple building, which is on the back side of the property, a distance from the 3 buildings that face the ocean. We were treated to a small glimpse of the ocean through the trees and between the oceanfront buildings.

Although the resort was said to be 'sold out', we observed that there did not appear to be many guests at the resort: far less than 1/2 of the units were lighted after dark; there were just a few people around the pools; and the parking lots were less than 1/2 full even when we returned to the resort late at night. Curious, I checked for availability at the resort on Marriott's reservation site and found that there were suites available for rent for the dates of our stay. When I contacted the front desk about the apparent availability of suites and requested an improvement in our location I was again told that the resort was fully occupied and that our location could not be improved.

We have been told by Marriott sales reps that fewer rooms are being allocated to Interval exchanges since Marriott began its Destiinations program three yers ago. We've been told that the Destinations trust program receives a larger allocation of available rooms than those being given to Vacation Club Interval exchanges. Our experience at this resort, and other Interval exchanges that we have made, seems to support this. We have thoroughly researched Marriott's Destinations Program and have found it to be disadvantageous to any travel plans that we were making.

Needless to say, we are disappointed with the availability of room priorities at this, as well as other, Marriott resorts that are made avaiable to Vacation Club Interval exchanges. We suggest that anyone considering making a Vacation Cub Interval exchange into this resort realize that you may be very disappointed with the suite that you are given.

Room Tip: Request a high floor Oceanfront or Oceanview.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
11 Thank BCC3
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We go here as often as we can...even out of season. The suites are very well maintained, the views from the garden suites (top floors) are very good and building is near to the indoor and outdoor pools. The beach is wonderful to walk at all hours of the day, sand like sugar:). Location is fairly quiet:), away from the hustle and bustle of the downtown area. Great family friendly location.

Room Tip: Views from the top floor are amazing, great to watch sunrises
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jane h
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have stayed here multiple times, both at the hotel and the timeshare. Often by myself. Staff is very friendly and accomodating, Room is always clean and well maintained. Condo is what I would wish for in a condo if I were to live in one myself. I have taken family members and friends here just so they can see the place. I have been going to Myrtle Beach for 20 years and in my opinion this is by far the best place to stay

Room Tip: If you can get an ocean front condo it is awesome but ocean view is good also
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Gail C
Powhatan, Virginia
Reviewed 19 October 2013

After reading months of good reviews, I decided to book here. The resort was as nice as it was described by the reviews I read. The service was not. I received better service from the actual Marriott hotel resort adjacent to the villas. I guess if your not an owner they treat you like 2nd best. The front desk service and the asst manager I spoke with were not accommodating what so ever. Everything I asked for and was told by my Marriott reservationist was not granted when we checked in. It's rather a long story to get in to but to sum it up they don't care about making their guest happy even first timers when you don't own a property. This will be the last time I stay at a timeshare resort because this isn't the first time I have been told one thing and got something totally different. We stayed at the hampton inn at Broadway at the beach two days prior to our week vacation scheduled here and had a much better experience. I don't understand how anyone would book a room here and pay over 800 a night during the summer months, it is definitely not worth that!! Must be for people with too much money to spend. I couldn't believe they charged $3.00 for three marshmallows to roast s'mores. We brought our own s'mores to roast after seeing the pictures on the website but much to our surprise the fire pit can only be used at the times they are doing the activity. Most of the activities cost additional. The room was nice and clean. The bed was hard as a rock! We couldn't figure out where the actual trash can was because of all the recycle trash cans. The water pressure in the shower was the best part of the room. Don't expect to be on a floor higher than the 4th floor if you are not an owner. We were stuck on the first floor even after requesting a higher floor. The pools had a bunch of debris floating in them. But they were very warm. After being explained that this particular hotel was not really owned by the Marriott that it was privately owned I understand now and will not hold it against Marriott. I won't be back to this resort. Customer service means a lot to me. I work very hard for my money! When I take my family one time a year on vacation it better be a grand experience such as the one I experienced at the Hampton Inn at
Broadway at the beach. The staff at Ocean watch villas need lessons on customer service especially for the amount of money they are charging!

• Stayed October 2013