“Marriott does it again!”

Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes
Ranked #2 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Florence, South Carolina
“Marriott does it again!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

If you read my past reviews, you know I am a huge Marriott fan. Well, again they did not disappoint. My family and I stayed at this property 8 years ago and this was our first time back at the Villas....I can't begin to describe how nice our 2 day weekend stay was. We had a 2 bedroom, full kitchen, all amenities. Room was spotless! View of the ocean was beautiful and I could have stayed in the shower for days! (This was the best water pressure I have ever experienced)! No complaints! This place is fairly expensive but in the off season, the rates are very reasonable. This visit was President's weekend (February).

Room Tip: 12th floor Oceanview/ end of hallway has a great view and is very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for an overnight with a colleague on a business trip. Immediately wished I were actually on vacation. The villa itself was truly lovely, seemed very new and super clean. We stayed in a two bedroom villa in the Pine building - high floor gives you great ocean views. Honestly nothing bad about the layout, furnishings, kitchen..all were lovely. Kitchen was fully stocked. The only thing that wasn't perfect to me was the water pressure in the shower. It was adequate, but not great. The amenities looked very nice, saw the gym in between villa buildings and wished I had more time to use it. Overall a great property and I will be on the lookout for more Marriott properties and definitely will come back here.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank efm16
BOSTON
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Unusually cold in Myrtle Beach but it was 14 degrees when we left New England so all was well!! WHat a beautiful resort. Stayed in villa on 16th floor. Just amazing. Views wonderful. Walked every morning on the beach. Now - it was cold for Myrtle Beach. But we were able to bundle up and walk. The staff is wonderful. My husband golfed 5 days out of the 7- all arranged by the concierge. I am not a person that likes busy busy so I'm not sure I would be a very happy camper in the height of tourist season in Myrtle Beach so because of that this trip for me was wonderful. Ate mostly at home in the mornings. Did the restaurant in the Marriott hotel a couple of nights. Probably some of the best food I have ever had. May be a bit expensive but so worth it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MFAHY
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I booked a stay at this resort through Interval International. I called a few weeks before my stay to ask for an ocean view, and to my delight was given exactly what I asked for, and then some!The unit had 2 bedrooms, one with a king bed with its own bath suite, the other with 2 queen beds with an attached bathroom. The unit was elegant, very comfortable and fully stocked with kitchen/dining supplies, towels, beach towels, toiletries and housekeeping items (including Tide for the washer/dryer). I can't say enough about the amenities and the staff. During our stay the Pax storm hit SC, and we were very comfortable staying inside for a couple of days. The beds were comfortable and the down comforter kept us snug and warm on the cold days/nights during the ice storm. The staff was very concerned that everyone be safe and have something to do, and every few hours they left messages on their in-house message service via the room phone letting us know of the outside conditions and what activities were available. There were many activities to do (popcorn & movies, jewelry making, exercise classes, etc.). The phone didn't ring, so we weren't bothered when napping, the red message light just blinked to let us know there was a message. Since the road conditions were bad, they made transportation available to grocery and drug stores if needed. Do not hesitate to stay at this resort; you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Ann F
South Carolina
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Recently returned from the OceanWatch Villas after a wonderful wknd with my 3 bestfriends. This is a Marriott vacation property so be prepared to be offered a "showing". They were not pushy about the offer which was a big plus. We chose the 2 BR ocean front view overlooking the pools and it was gorgeous. Lots of space and furnished nicely. Smelled fresh and clean which seems to be a problem with some properties in Myrtle Beach. I love that the key card is 'touch activated'. Fully stocked kitchen and beds that rivaled the "Heavenly Bed" at the Westin. The only two complaints I have is I could have done without the practically see through "window" in the master shower and the parking garage is pretty tight with not too many available spaces after dark. The property is located on the north end and away from the traffic and noise of the 'strip'. But this is the off season so it may be a different case in a couple months. I usually stay on the strip but moving forward I think I may chose this property.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Goldwire
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
We are happy to read your five-star review of Marriott’s OceanWatch Villas! . We look forward to your next girl’s vacation to Myrtle Beach!
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Over the years, we have stayed in many hotels and condo's in the Myrtle Beach area. We discovered the OceanWatch Villas a few years ago and we now stay there at least two weeks out of the year. Clean, quiet and a lot to do - even if it's not beach or pool weather. For me, this is hands down the nicest facility in Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: In the front buildings (Conch & the other escapes me), the middle rooms have a big, beautiful ba...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank lrg37
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 February 2014

A friend and I went to Myrtle Beach for three days of shopping. I searched many hotels looking for a nice 2 BR spot with good ratings and also one which most people described as clean. The Marriott Oceanwatch Villa was like an oasis for us. It was spacious, clean and gave each one of us a private bedroom and bath. We chose the gardenview unit to save money and because it was not beach weather in Feb; however, the view overlooked the garden and pools which were pretty. We requested a low floor to avoid elevator time. I called ahead that morning and Warren kindly agreed to let us check in a little early since we were heading out again. Check out time was 10 AM, but the front desk also allowed us to stay until 11 AM. Everyone was very nice and my requests were accommodated. We have already made plans to return next Feb. and stay again - hopefully in the same unit.

Room Tip: I would not choose a low gardenview room during busy seasons because it could be noisy with pool ope...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank PKCL2014
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
We are pleased you chose to visit us at your “oasis” in Myrtle beach! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Marriott’s OceanWatch Villas!