“A Perfect Stay!”

Ranked #2 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Greensboro, North Carolina
“A Perfect Stay!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We visited May 2014 with our two young children (18 months and almost 4). This hotel was PERFECT! My husband had a work conference at a different hotel that didn't look nice so I picked the Marriott (I'm picky!) I was a little nervous since there aren't many chain hotels to chose from in Myrtle, but this vacation club Marriott was extremely clean, spacious, and had every ammenity imaginable. We usually stay in beach houses so staying in a hotel with the kids was a new experience. There was so much for the kids to do- the baby pool area was awesome- huge, zero entry baby/kid pool with water buckets dropping water from above and a fun water slide for kids of all ages. There were so many different pools to choose from on the property that even though they were 100% full, it never once felt crowded. They playground was great too- nice and shady, toddler to big-kid appropriate. And the children's center was such a nice bonus- the girls working in there were so sweet and seemed to really like children. There was so much to do in there from all the toys and games to story time and teacher led craft time- my kids LOVED it! I was very impressed with the daily activities and the nightly bonfires (they have a campground on the grounds- it was SO neat!) I wish we had been able to participate in the smores one evening; definitely next time. The rooms were spacious- we did oceanfront, 7th floor main building and it was perfect (loved the balcony- ate every meal out there!) The kitchen was well stocked and so clean. They daily housekeeping service was excellent- they even loaded our dishwasher for us. And every employee was so nice. You can tell they take pride in their hotel- they're out the cleaning the grills (which there are many and they're nice!) every morning first thing, etc. It was a wonderful weekend for us and I still can't get over how nice this place was and how much fun Myrtle Beach is for families. The last morning we celebrated my son's 4th birthday (cake for breakfast) and the front desk staff found us some matches and wanted to send him something for his bday but unfortunately we were leaving that day. Very thoughtful people. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Upgrade to ocean front or ocean view. The garden view rooms are a ways from the beach and overlook t...
3 Thank cecea586

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

This was a gorgeous property. Felt like we were on a tropical vacation, not in Myrtle Beach. Kids loved the water slide, pools, playground and shuffle board. The rooms were spacious and the beds were comfortable. The patios were large with a table for 4. The reason I am not giving 5 stars is because of the lack of internet and cell phone reception. We had a corner, 1st floor room and we could not get the wifi signal to work. We even had them bring us our own Verizon jet pack and the internet was still spotty. Also we had terrible reception for talking on our phones. Had to go outside the building to talk. Direct TV remotes barely worked. Kids activities should be free (ice cream and s'mores) not cost $4 a kid.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank jenba97
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. We are pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay at Marriott’s OceanWatch Villas. We are sorry we were unable to accommodate a stable Wi-Fi connection and that cell reception from inside the building was choppy. We will share your feedback with the appropriate managers at the resort including your comments regarding the kid activities. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
Nanuet, New York
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here four nights with my sister and her family. We were so impressed with the facility! We stayed in an oceanside villa which had an overly spacious balcony-perfect to see the sunrise. The grounds are immaculate and the views are stunning...we didn't even feel like we were in Myrtle Beach, more like a tropical destination! The prices of drinks and food were so reasonable, unlike other Marriott properties. Also, the location is perfect-North Myrtle Beach is nicer, classier, and less congested than the center of town. I would highly recommend this resort!

4 Thank hcn10
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here again for a long weekend. The villas are just fantastic - very comfy - very clean. Had a tiny mix up with my room upon late arrival. Addressed it the next morning and was so pleased when the desk manager offered to do all he could to make me happy. He was able to work things out with me and moved me to a villa that offered a better view of the ocean. Regardless of which building you stay in, I think they have a total of 4, you will not be disappointed - this place is perfect for everyone. Stayed in Room 3161 which was a corner unit and I loved it.

Room Tip: If making a reservation here, get specifics on their OCEAN FRONT rooms.. I made my reservation with...
2 Thank Pips_14
Thank you for your five-star review of Marriott’s OceanWatch Villas. We are pleased to hear our front desk associates were able to address and fix your issue with your villa. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be shared with our team at the resort. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Myrtle Beach!
Maryland
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This was our second time vacationing in Myrtle beach and staying at the Marriott OceanWatch Villas. We had a great time at OceanWatch. The Marriott staff, especially Ms.Kristie Fox "from Syracuse", took great care of us from the time we requested our room preferences until the day we left. We were celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary and the staff went out of their way to present us with a balloon and card signed by members of the Marriott OW Staff. Our ocean front villa and the grounds were very clean and well maintained. The beach and pool access was within minutes of our room. There was plenty to do in Myrtle Beach besides golf. We took in a great Italian meal at Ciao's and a couple very good shows, one at the Comedy Cabana and the other at the Legends. We also had a great breakfast buffet at the Ocean's on 82nd. DIaa "from Jordan" was an excellent waiter and very personable.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a room in the Scallop or Conch Buildings. They have beautiful views of the Oce...
2 Thank Hotterwings
Westland, Michigan
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I went a few months ago and this place was amazing. A little pricey if you go during the busy time but I got it at a steal. There were like 8 pool and the ocean felt like it was my own. The room had a relaxing feel with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, full kitchen and great balcony. I will be going again

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We love it here. You're at the end of the strip right next to large homes so the beach is nearly deserted. A quick elevator ride and you have hit sand and can walk for miles. We've been combing here for years and it's always been wonderful. My favorite beach and favorite place to just in wind.

• Stayed May 2014