“Beau-ti-ful!!!!”

Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes
Ranked #2 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Beau-ti-ful!!!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here June 8th-14th. Let me just say this place is beautiful!! We stayed in a two-bedroom condo. There was plenty of room for me, my boyfriend & my two kids (ages 9 & 13). We honestly could have fit at least 4 more people, without a problem! This place was just gorgeous & the kitchen had everything we needed for the week!

The grounds were beautifully kept & there was definitely lots to do. Nice for the kids!! Entertainment was AWESOME, especially Mr. Nigel at the kids pool! It was a hard decision to make on a daily basis, if we were going to start our day at one of the pools or the gorgeous beach!

Location was perfect, I loved it being quieter & away from the loud, busy downtown area! Private beaches are always better than public!!

Staff was awesome & very helpful if we needed anything or just needed a question answered!!

Would definitely stay here again, if we ever got the chance!!!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jenib3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We are owners at this timeshare property and returned for our 7th summer in a row. We continue to enjoy this property year to year and look forward to our annual visits. The staff were very friendly as always and we recognize quite a few from years past. Always nice to see familiar faces = people happy with their job. They are preparing to update the villas and have examples of what is to come in the Lobby area. I think all still looks good, but can understand the need to freshen and change things up a bit. We didn't fight for chairs much this summer. Grow weary of this year to year. Instead we spent more time at the beach and would return to the pools for a dip. We typically find that you can find a seat in the woodsy pool area at most times of the day. Always happy to return to our home resort and soak up the sun.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes, responded to this review, 7 October 2014
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review for Marriott's OceanWatch Villas! Our team is glad you enjoyed your recent visit and look forward to many more to come.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 29 July 2014

As a Legacy owner we choose to vacation at this resort every year. Overall I have thought our experience outstanding, with the exception of last year in the midst of changing management practices. I was pleased to see that things have righted themselves and the resort has resumed a state of excellence. Staff are extremely sociable, accomidating and polite. The units are to be refreshed, but are still comfortable. I was also happy to see the pool staff enforce the pool rules, not allowing balls tossed in the pool, not allowing empty chairs to be held for more than two hours and keeping small children from the hot tubs. I do suggest if you want a covered area close to the pool get there before 7 am. My only complaint is the need for wifi service to be improved.

Room Tip: Rooms are assigned based on the view you purchased or points spent or price paid, however there are...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here at Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes several times this summer and have nothing but GREAT things to say. The resort is beautiful, the rooms are very nicely furnish, free wi-first and great and friendly staff. Everything a resort should be.
The staff here, especially Kelly, went out of their way to assist us with a handicapped unit. They have anything you need for handicapped or the elderly so they can enjoy the pools and ocean (beach wheelchair and lifts for pool).
They have golf carts that security runs to help move around the resort easily. Nice pool bar, and music by the pool during the summer. A lot of games for the family and kids.
Thank you for a Great Vacation! Room tip: oceanview in Maple Building or any oceanfront building.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank kwgodfrey
Thank you for sharing your five-star review on TripAdvisor! It's great to hear your visit was fantastic and we appreciate your kind words. We look forward to your next visit and thank you again for your review!
Reviewed 27 July 2014

there is plenty to do or not to do; views are spectacular. We have stayed here twice and consider it a go-to place to stay. The only drawback I can think of is that it is not very close to restaurants but there is a small shopping center that is only about a 5-7 minute drive. If you like it quiet that is actually a bonus. The grounds are well kept and you will never suffer from a shortage of on-site activities. And if you get the right back building, you could land an unobstructed view of the ocean! And even if you don't you are still bound to have a decent view. All things considered this is awesome!

2 Thank C S
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We made our second visit to the Oceanwatch Villas at Grande Dunes in Myrtle Beach the week of July 21, 2014. This time we used our Destination Points to acquire three villas for our extended family. This is a VERY family oriented hotel - which is what we were looking for. We had four college-aged kids with us and a 2 1/2 year old. Everyone enjoyed themselves.

The service at this property is excellent. My extended family had not been to an MVCI before, and they made many comments about how professional and friendly all of the staff was. The front desk staff was amazing. Our three units each started on a different day. Tim did a great job (I drove him crazy) getting us in the same building with rooms close together (although not all on the same floor). Barb was wonderful at our first check in to put everyone's names on all of the reservations and try to get things set up for us. Larry at the front desk was so friendly and engaging. He talked to our kids about their colleges, and before we left he sent balloons to our room with each of their four colleges on a separate color-coordinated balloon! It was my parents' 50th anniversary and the hotel sent a balloon and a card signed by a lot of the staff. It was a very nice gesture. We did a dance class and afterward it was pouring outside. I asked at the front desk and they immediately sent a van to pick us up to drive us back to our building in the rain.

I went into the downstairs marketplace every day to get coffee, and they always seemed a little overwhelmed in there. I bought a $25 mug so I could get unlimited coffee and soft drinks, but every time I went to get a soda the ice was empty and the staff was too busy....so I just left. (The coffee was never a problem.)

This is a very nice property with four pools and several Jacuzzis. The pools do get very crowded, and the staff does not do as good of a job as other MVCI properties that we have stayed of managing the absent-reserving of chairs. In fact, they give out wrist bands, but we didn't wear ours and noticed a lot of other people did not wear theirs either. But crowded pools and hard-to-find pool chairs are more or less the norm. The front pool is definitely more loud/wild. There is a childrens pool which is a lot of fun for the little ones, and a smaller serenity pool in the "Woodsy" area.

We ate in 6 out of 7 nights....the outdoor grills are fabulous. Went to the boardwalk one night (typical); last time we were there we went to Broadway at the Beach twice and Barefoot Landing once in the evenings. They are both nice places with plenty of shops and fireworks on certain nights.

All in all, that has been two great vacations at Oceanwatch. We will be back!

Room Tip: The oceanfront and oceanside pool rooms are probably very loud. I have stayed in Garden View both t...
2 Thank Marykay M
Thank you for your five-star review Marykay! We are pleased to hear your second visit was as good as the first and appreciate your kind words for the associates. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our family are of five stayed here at our home resort and as always, we had a fantastic expericence. My daugther who is now 6 has literally grown up here since we purchased the year before she was born. We look forward to seeing the same families who share our vacation weeks and everybody remembers everyone's children and look forward to seeing how much they've grown in a year. My sons, who are 15 and 13, are now resort veterans and enjoy planning their activites and being as independent as possible. Having to feed these two, we appreciated the new Sand Dollar Pool dalily $5 burgers and hot dogs. This allowed my wife and I to satisfy their insatiable appetites without going broke. Sara who took care of us every day at the Sand Dollar Pool Bar has the best personality ever and was an absolute joy to talk to.

My wife and I enjoyed the planned adult activities at 4:00pm every day on the Veranda and in the Activities Center. We participated in the Not-So-Newlewed Game, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, and the 80's Trivia Contest and had a great time.

My sons' loved the basketball tournaments and contests conducted every day and appreciated that fact that some time slots were set aside for each age group so that everyone had the opportunity to play with kids their own age and skill level.

I think the resort does an excellent job of maintaining the quality that the owners expect and adding new things to keep the experience fresh. The clean is always clean and not congested. The pools are immaculate and cleaned every morning. Even the grills are cleaned and steriled daily so that they are ready for the next day. Please keep up the good work!

P.S. Minor nitpick: Please improve the wifi access in the Garden View Villas...I shouldn't be able to get better access poolside than actual sitting in my villa.

2 Thank Ed B