“Sorry you are gone!”

Cuisines: American
Hindman, Kentucky
“Sorry you are gone!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The food has always been "GREAT" but when I visited Myrtle Beach the week of Christmas 2013, I was saddened to discover that my favorite place to eat at Myrtle Beach was no longer in business at this location. The Myrtle Beach location and another just north of Knoxville Tenn at Merchants Drive on I-75 were tho only two locations I knew of for Great American Steak and Buffet. For the last 5 or 6 years I had been eating at this location because the quality of the food for the price was excellent. I am curious if the location changed or if the company closed down?

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank Fred T

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Rated Our #1 Favorite, and Now It Is Gone!!!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Went there on November 1st and there were no cars in the lot. Both signs were taken down and replaced with "CLOSED". I was devastated! Went back again last nite hoping that it was maybe just getting renovated, but it was closed with a real estate sign out front. Checking with the liquor store next door, we were told that his lease was up and he did not want to renew it... We will miss it and all the great employees that worked there!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank RockguyNewYork
Detroit, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Greatest Restaurant Ever”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

A group of us took a Ladies Weekend Getaway trip to Myrtle Beach last summer in 2012 and found this restaurant with the best food that we had ever eaten. Everything in this place was a definite winner. They had a wide variety of delicious food. Between myself and other group of ladies, we probably tasted all of the food in the restaurant and totally loved it all. The buffet was reasonably priced at $13.00 and was worth every penny. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone going to Myrtle Beach.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Tamika J
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Now CLOSED”
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately, as of our visit on 10/30/2013, the Great American Steak and Buffet in Myrtle Beach is permanently CLOSED. In the past, we had particularly enjoyed the good salad bar and bakery choices.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jack M
Spring, Texas
“Great Food for Low Prices”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We ate here on a weekend and were thrilled to see a wide variety of offerings of many types of foods from soup and salad, entrees, fresh vegetables and fabulous desserts of all kinds in addition to freshly grilled steaks. The food was plentiful, beverages constantly refilled and the staff friendly and helpful. Prices were very good too. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who is truly hungry. If we are ever in Myrtle Beach, SC area again will be certain to stop and eat there again.

Visited September 2013