“Terrible”

Southern House of Pancakes
Ranked #87 of 913 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American
Description: That is their complete name. I am looking at my receipt from 6/28/12. I have been going there for years. I can not find it listed with you.
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I only rated this a 1 star because had to. My pancakes were still soggy and dough-y...not cooked enough. My eggs were cold. My cousin asked for bacon and never got it. We asked to speak to the manager and when we confronted him about it he pretty much said we were stupid. He was very rude to us, told us we didn't confront out waitress about it when in fact WE DID. I told him I was a waitress and that this was no way to handle the situation and his response 'you're no waitress' so we got up and walked out. He ran outside and called me a 'son of a b****'. The service and staff were very unfriendly. This is not southern service, such a poor excuse as well. Never stepping foot back in there again.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Pancakes were fine. Walked to it from our hotel. Service average. Atmosphere unpleasant with talk radio playing.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We usually don't go out to eat while at the beach but this place was awesome. Love the pancakes and the sausage. Good coffee.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

A couple of friends and I tried this place for breakfast. The atmosphere was ok. There was that pleasant bustle that you like to see and hear in a breakfast place. Our waiter service was very good, attentive and friendly, quick coffee refills, etc.

Unfortunately, the food just wasn't up to the service, Grits had lumps and were much too salty. Sausage patties were obviously frozen, and frankly weren't as good as those you get from McDonald's. The only bread choices were white and wheat toast, no biscuits, muffins, bagels, etc. My white toast was paper thin. My friends had pancakes and pronounced them good, but they were served with cheap cold syrup which they sent back to be heated. Better, but still not very good. The place just sort of cried that it was cutting food corners to save a few pennies.

Given that breakfast prices here were pretty average and the food wasn't, I would not go back. I am sure there are many better breakfast choices in MB.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Went here for breakfast as it was close to our hotel and convenient. The service was fast and our waiter was pleasant and checked on us just enough. The food prices were average and the food was pretty good. Nothing exceptional but a great option for a decent breakfast at a decent price.