“Too pricey for the experience” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vintage Twelve

Vintage Twelve
Reserve with OpenTable
Vintage Twelve is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #541 of 868 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kings Rd
Description: One of Myrtle Beach's few Oceanfront Restaurants. Offering upscale dining with spectacular oceanfront views. Truly a hidden gem offering local ingredients with nightly specials.
Virginia
“Too pricey for the experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We were staying at the Embassy Suites and tried their restaurant. It has a great view of the ocean but both the food and the service was just okay. For the price, we expected more. Nothing was bad....it just wasn't what we were hoping for.

Visited July 2014

Columbus, OH
“Dang it--I really want to like this place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Sadly I can’t report much good about this experience save for our server who I can remember from last year but not his name. Sorry whoever you are—you were the best part of the meal.

It’s seems like it’s tough for restaurants inside hotels to succeed sometimes. This seems to be a case in point. We dined there last year and it was good. Not great but very solid. They emphasized the farm to table concept somewhat before it’s taken hold as much as it now has. The drinks were creative and the food was really good. And again the service was good. Fast forward to this year and as I said except for the service this place has some issues. The food overall was “ok” but nothing memorable and for the prices, concept and location I would hope for more. But your mileage may vary. I hope so and want to see them succeed!!

The drink (a Hemingway daiquiri—NOT a typical frozen concoction by the way) tasted as good as last year, where I discovered it, but was served differently and didn't have the Luxardo cherries needed to make it “authentic”. A maraschino cherry is sacrilege!! :)

Honestly I can’t recall my appetizer but it was OK. But my wife ordered the gazpacho and said it was not only bland but bordered on odd tasting. She ordered the shrimp and grits and again it was OK--solid but not outstanding. I had the fish special and it was OK as well.

They did bring out a nice Amuse-bouche that was tasty. And overall there was nothing really wrong with anything except the drink not having the correct ingredients and the gazpacho being off, it was just not as good as last year—by a long shot unfortunately. Good luck to the restaurant and owners—if you’re in the area give it a try but manage your expectations.

Visited July 2014
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Disappointing Second Visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I first experienced Vintage Twelve on Valentine's Day, 2013. We had a lovely meal and amazing cocktails -- we left the restaurant declaring it our best meal we've had in Myrtle Beach and told everyone we could about our fantastic visit. Last night we returned with a party of five, excited for another great meal. While I appreciate the menu, which is inventive and uses locally sourced produce and proteins, the execution of the dishes is nothing more than poor. One member of our party was satisfied with their meal, which was the Shrimp and Grits. Everyone else's meals were wildly under-seasoned and flavorless. I was shocked. I ordered the Seafood Gumbo which arrived luke warm -- while the seafood was fresh, it was sitting in an absolutely flavorless broth. The rice cake that accompanied my dish was crispy, but again, no seasoning! My husband and another member of our group ordered the pork chop that came with grilled peaches and arugula. The pork chop was overcooked and dry. The peaches were not grilled, just sliced fresh on the plate and the arugula was simply piled under the pork chop, without any dressing or seasoning -- just dry greens. Another member of our party ordered the fresh catch of the day which was Snapper. It arrived cold and flavorless....

I was beyond disappointed. I had heard reviews from others that the food quality had not been up to par of late but I just couldn't believe them. I do now....

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jennb1384
Glen Gardner, New Jersey
“Good quality meal.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Decided to stay in-house on my first night and try Vintage 12. I had no reservation but sat at the bar. Steve the bartender took my order, gave me recommendations and fixed me up with some great dinner drinks. The food was good portion, tasty and quality selections. Price wise I don't think any restaurant meal is a value but its vacation so what the hell. Not a large menu but what was there was terrific. After a bad experience at the nearby Amalfi Cafe I came back the second night and was satisfied again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Burlington
“Just a bad Day in the kitchen we hope”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

The enjoyment of a nice upscale oceanfront restaurant with decent service(although it should be since we were the only diners for an early dinner for most of the time) was significantly reduced by mediocre food.

Both my spouse and my soups were lukewarm. My Crab soup appeared to have a lot of bread filler. My spouse’s jambalaya was OK but nothing special. The chef initially forgot to put the sweet potatoes in my sweet potato salad and when they arrived late they were woefully undercooked. The Carolina Trout while tasty was significantly burned on the skin and the coffee was extremely weak. California merlot at $18 for an 8 OZ glass(which can be purchased on line for $24 per bottle) did not ease the pain. It was a Monday so maybe it was the chef's day off. Since Executive chef is a lady and there was no female visible in the open kitchen that may have been the case. Still quality needs to be maintained. Did not justify a $100 meal.

• Visited March 2014