“Very good food but ask about coupons before you order.”

Martin's Restaurant
Ranked #113 of 913 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We were motivated to visit Martin's by a restaurant.com voucher for $25 off $50. We even read a review on tripadvisor before we went that raved abut the food and noted that they had been permitted to use this same voucher for the Early Bird menu. Unfortunately, we did not mention our voucher until the check came and were dismayed to be told that it could not be honored except on full-priced dinner menu items. I work in sales and customer service so I know what it's like to be on the receiving end from a jerk customer, so we said very little and paid the full bill.

My advice to Martin, the owner: You need to make the terms of your offer very clear in black and white on the coupon! I just found another review that mentioned where they tried to use the same voucher for the breakfast buffet and were angrily told it was not intended for that! Why do I have the feeling that your employee who honored it for the Early Bird for that other reviewer got in trouble and perhaps fired?

That said, the food was very good and the service was attentive and efficient, although the place was nt very busy. I had a special consisting of grilled salmon with spinach risotto and tomato butter that was quite rich and tasty. Ironically, this was an "early bird" special that was $25, about $10 more than the other early bird items, and I splurged because I thought we would save $25 with the voucher. Not sure it was worth $25, but still very good. My wife had a filet that was cooked just right for her (she does not like the pink center), and my young daughter had angel hair pasta from the children's menu. The salads were very good but the soup was rather bland, perhaps from a can?

So, very good food, but would we return? Not sure... There is no shortage or restaurants around here and this was good but not exceptional. Combined with the restaurant.com issue.... Ehh. Probably not

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The early bird specials were great. Homemade soup and rolls, the salad was so good with home made dressing and there were many main courses to pick from.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We bought a deal on restaurant.com - it was a $25 voucher good for a $50 purchase. They allowed us to use it with the early bird dinner specials and alcohol!
The early bird is good until 6:30. So, for us w/ a sm. child it's just right as we usually eat by 6.
Wonderful food and fresh catch's of the day. Kids menu too.
My son got the grilled cheese and French fries and it wasn't your ordinary grilled cheese - it was on big sourdough bread dripping w/ cheese. the fries are double dipped /fried - very good! He ate almost everything, which is rare and it was a big plate of food!
I ordered one of the 3 or 4 fresh catch's of the day - scallops and they prepared them a special way (dipped in egg- highly recommended) and they were delish - it came w/ a side of angel hair (which, was bland - no sauce on it?); the early bird specials come w/ a cup of homemade soup (ours was cream of veggie and it was really good) and a salad - the dressings are all homemade - I had the garlic and my husband had the ginger and they were both fab! Fresh rolls served w/ the meal.
Our waitress (Lu) was very good and had great suggestions. Very professional and pleasant.
Good drinks too - I ordered a lemon drop martini - my only complaint is that they don't fill it to the rim - I had two and they were about an inch from the top of the martini glass?

1  Thank beardogmom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Veal Francaise is my favorite! We've been back many times. Breakfast buffet was one of the best ever as well. Martin is an incredible chef and has a great staff. We've returned over 5 or 6 years and never had a bad experience.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We ate there 2 mornings in a row and it was very good. Enjoyed being able to walk in and be seated right away.