“Hard to say goodbye”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We found Cagney's about 18 years ago, and it is the only restaurant that we go to every time we visit Myrtle Beach. We haven't been in 15 years, but the food is still as good as it was back then.

Their prime rib was the best. Would literally melt in your mouth.

It is going to be hard going back to MB without Cagney's, so sad to see it go.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

We have always liked Cagney's since we began to vacation in MB in the last 15 years. We are sorry to hear it will be closing in OCT 2012. A real shame!

Reviewed 2 September 2012

We found Cagney's listed as a steak/seafood restaurant in a Myrtle Beach attractions guide. Since our party had seafood lovers and landlubbers, we decided to eat there. Located a bit north of Myrtle Beach proper, for us it was not worth the drive. The atmosphere was a bit old...not run down...just...old. Our service however, was top notch. The food was average...I had the "famous" prime rib and it was somewhat fatty although flavorful. While wandering around the building I discovered an entire nightclub side of the restaurant that apparently had not been in use for awhile. I asked our server about it and he told us that after 37 years, Cagney's would be closing in October. Everything made sense then...clearly it's heyday was years ago.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

Wow, what a big Lobster! This is an old nostalgic spot for my husband so our group of 9 went to revisit his childhood memories of this place. The food was good especially the steak and big lobster tails ordered at our table.

1  Thank CatMom2013
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We're in Myrtle Beach for the week and have tried a few places. Cagney's was one of the places everyone enjoyed.

First, I really liked the dinner salad with ranch dressing. Their ranch is really good. Warm rolls too.

My mother-in-law had the filet and said it was tender and delicious. I had the prime rib and it was good. I like when places put a crust of seasonings on the prime rib, but Cagney's doesn't do that. It was tender and good.

My husband enjoyed his NY strip.

We would eat there again.