“Excellent Mexican Food at the Beach!”
Review of Sun City Cafe

Sun City Cafe
Ranked #115 of 880 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Salem, Virginia
“Excellent Mexican Food at the Beach!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have eaten at Sun City Cafe three times now, and the food and service has been excellent all three times. We got the name of the restaurant from Yelp - we typed in where locals go to eat, and Sun City Cafe popped up. I ordered a beef taco and a chicken taco, and they were delicious. My husband ordered a chicken quesadilla and he said it was one of the best he had ever had. I had a magarita which was also very good. The service was also very good. If you are looking for a Mexican meal at Myrtle Beach, I highly recommend this place. We will be going back next year!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Margaret H

Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awesome little cafe”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

the atmosphere is ecclectic,and appealing!the barkeep/owner-cary boyles is a unique and personable restaraunteur,who makes you feel right a home,the food[mexican]was above par[too many black beans for my taste,but i did'nt mind as the patron flowed!]
highly reccomended!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Randy G
Summit, New Jersey
“Not worth a return”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

We tried this based on the review here but we did not find it up to the recommendations. Most of it did not have enough flavor. I had the fish tacos and thought the Tilapia was delicious but not much else on the plate was interesting. Generally bland Very limited menu not the kind of Mexican food we are used to. The service was good and friendly. Decor typical but tired.

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Worth the travel”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Sun City is hands down one of the best Mexican restaurants I have ever had the chance to attend. While I have yet to make the trip from the UK specifically to eat here, I always make sure that I include it on my visits. The food is well cooked and cooked to order, which gives it a fresh and hand made quality which so many other Mexican places lack. I am so glad that I was introduced to this place and will definitely be coming back again and again and again.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Edward S
Asheville, North Carolina
“Cute, Quirky Place”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I would not give this five stars. The food was good, cooked to order, fresh but lacked some flavor for Mexican food. The salsa and guacamole were just lacking. I tried to make my chicken taco a little healthy by not ordering cheese and it was just flat. However my husband ordered the Old School Burrito which was chicken, mashed potatoes and cheese sauce and it was outstanding but probably was an artery clogger. So if you want flavor you have to go for full fat. Also strangely they only serve light american beer or a couple of mexican beers. Their margaritas are outstanding! Nice and tart and not too sweet.

Visited February 2014