Message from TripAdvisor:

“Great location”

Kingston Plantation Condos by Hilton
Ranked #32 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Kingston Plantation. The resort is in a great location and is gated. We rented a condo from VRBO instead of booking directly with Kingston (much cheaper). We were in the South Hampton tower. The views were outstanding but the building is a little tired. The owner of our condo had made some updates but more are needed.

The pool for South Hampton was cold and there wasn't a bar or much atmosphere there. We had to pay $10 per day for wi-fi since we were not considered guests of Kingston. Unless you book directly through them, you are also not allowed to use their other pools and facilities because a bracelet is needed to access them. However, we did use the Embassy Suites pool without a bracelet and no one said anything. A lot of guests weren't wearing bracelets. That pool was much more lively with activities and a bar.

The beach was clean and had umbrellas and chairs you could rent. The chairs were in pretty bad shape though. We thought $35 per day was kind of expensive, so we went to Walmart and purchased our own umbrella and chairs to use the entire week for only $40 total.

There are plenty of restaurants close by. We especially enjoyed the Carolina Roadhouse and House of Blues.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The property is very nice right on the beach with great amenities, but away from the busy tourist areas. There were two families traveling and we booked two different villas/condos. The unit we stayed in was old and outdated. We had an issue with the A/C blowing out hot air but I must say this was taken care of promptly once the issue was reported. I believe we would have been much happier had we booked a room at the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Miguel H
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed at the villa's at the Embassy Suites/Kingston Plantation. Rooms were nice and clean. Staff was very friendly and pleasant. Amenities were nice. I would recommend this hotel for vacations or business trips.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Erica E
Reviewed 8 June 2014

What we did not know: Kingston Plantation is a complex of privately owned condos, which includes the Embassy Suites hotel. So when making your reservations, you have to specify if you want to stay in the Embassy Suites building or in one of the privately owned condos.

The bad:
When you book in one of the condos (as we did), you are subject to how the condo owner maintains the condo. For example, the first night we stayed in the Brighton condo building. The room included this residential water heater unit and some other type of utility unit (see picture), which produced a very loud humming noise, as if there was a generator in your room. We could not sleep.

The good:
The next day, we were nicely transferred to a suite in the Margate building, and the suite was amazing!

In summary, if you decide to stay in one of the condos (and not in the Embassy Suites building), you are subject to how the condo owner maintains the unit. Also, you don't get the complimentary breakfast buffet if you stay in the condos.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JacobE78
Reviewed 7 June 2014

One big negative about Kingston Plantation, is their wifi policy.

If you are there short term, they charge $9.95/day. For longer term, there is a monthly rate available. We paid about $50/month. This gave us just two connections. If more than two devices connected, one got bumped off. In these days of laptops, tablets and smart phones that is not acceptable.

Most hotels and resorts offer free wifi these days. But Hilton hotels (who run KP) do not. Some vrbo owners offer free wifi at KP. Something to consider along with several other hidden costz if booking through KP.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank golforus
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I'm a little torn writing this review. I'm a loyal Hilton Diamond member and have been for years. And I stay here a great deal. But there were definitely issues this time. First the good. As usual the front staff is wonderful. You couldn't ask for more helpful or accommodating staff at the front. They are consistent and I recognize faces because I'm here for business quite a bit as well. There is very little turnover and they are great. The pool staff and park staff are great. It's clean and they are on top of it. And as far as amenities to entertain children, you couldn't ask for more.

Now for the bad, the last two times I've stayed there have been major issues with housekeeping. It's very clean upon arrival, it's just no one seems to be able to get back to clean again. We arrived early Monday. Someone showed up Tuesday as I was about to leave the room after lunch. She didn't seem to want to come in because I was there even though I explained three times I'd be out in about five minutes. Finally I just got her to give me towels (they were out of wash cloths) and take the trash. Wednesday afternoon by 4:30 no one had still come. So I called and they acted like it was too late. So I explained we has 5 people who needed to shower could they at least bring towels and cloths. A little while later someone dropped off a garbage bag containing towels and hand towels. Still no wash cloths. And I'm not sure about the classy garbage bag delivery. So then Thursday I guess they got us early after my irritated phone call Wednesday. Still no washcloths. So I go down the hall where I see a maid and she has no wash cloths. She said they still weren't ready. I don't know how a week before high season even starts this happens. She said they'd bring some by if they got them. That night at 9 when we got in there were finally wash cloths. Someone needs to get with housekeeping and laundry and find out what the issues are. This happened a month ago when I was there and I actually had to go to the desk and get towels twice and our room wasn't cleaned a single time in three days.

The buffet. If you advertise that the buffet doesn't close until 9:30 then don't close until 9:30. At 9:20 you shouldn't be packing up the food and putting it away with several people still in line for food! Also the next day at 8:30 the pancakes were so tough you couldn't eat them. Tje fruit was so far from ripe it was ridiculous. Very hard and bitter. The rest of the food was good but someone needs to be more on top of it. This just doesn't say a lot for what it's going to be like when it gets to the true busy season.

I still love this area. It's safe and secure and you don't have riff raff and issues. But obviously some areas are having issues that definitely need to be addressed quickly.

Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank CH0317
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Exceptional experience from initial check in to check out. I would not hesitate to stay there again, especially with my family. I liked it so much I spoke with the on site realtor about purchasing a unit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo