“Can't help to get your monies worth here for some good food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Simply Southern Smokehouse

Simply Southern Smokehouse
Ranked #9 of 868 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mount Dora, Florida
“Can't help to get your monies worth here for some good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

The sign on the window said "Tuesday Locals Night" and it was obvious by the fact that everyone's favorite bus boy a very kind gentleman by the name of Isaac was greeting everyone by name. He drummed me up into a friendly conversation blighting up the place with his "blessed" attitude. The staff was extra friendly with special suggestions for local favorites. I've never had the pleasure of dining at a BBQ buffet before, but it was a pleasant surprise with lots of good old home cooked selections. No one could ever say they didn't get their monies with at this place. I tend to stay away from "all you can eat" places but all their selections with the exception of the salad bar were very good. The BBQ pork was typical Carolina-style both the plain and the vinegar-based versions. They also had ribs and half chickens but I stuck to the pork and a good dose of wings and various sides. The BBQ sauces were a few varieties of vinegar-based, one kind of sweet and a mustered-based which was my favorite. What ever you do, don't forget to try the peach cobbler with a dose of ice cream. It was a great way to top off the meal and feel really stuffed heading out the door. The price was $11 plus including tax and also included a drink. Just wished I was a big eater, but I still got my monies worth. If you feel like sneaking away from "the strip" along the beach for some good food away from all the fellow tourist please give it a try. Tell Isaac I said "hello"! You will make a friend for life!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank FoodForOnTheMove

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“The Best I've Ever Had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

It's been said that "All soul food is southern food, but not all southern food is soul food." This place definitely serves soul food at its finest. I'm originally from Tennessee and I thought I knew good barbecue. But that was before the day I walked into Simply Southern Smokehouse in Myrtle Beach. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you their barbecue is the very best I've had in my life. There's true genius at work in how they prepare and season everything. My first taste of their vinegar-based pulled pork was just short of a religious experience. In fact, I found myself using my napkin to wipe away a tear of joy from my eye. But the food is not all that's good about Simply Southern Smokehouse. The atmosphere also gives you a genuine taste of Deep South culture including sincere hospitality, good music and a friendliness you just can't find most places these days. The staff clearly takes pride in their art and it shows not only in how they cook but in how they treat their patrons. In fact, I knew there was something special about this place when I heard Isaac the busboy lead the people in singing "My Girl" by the Temptations. I recommend this place to anyone who's hungry, enjoys an informal, welcoming atmosphere, and wants the best barbecue experience of a lifetime.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Gregory360
Siler City, North Carolina
“The Name of the Place Just About Said It All. . .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

If you like Good down home food, (And plenty of it!) this place is a must for visitors and locals to the Grand strand area. . Situated several blocks back toward Hwy 17 Bypass away from the main beach area, it's very easy to find. The food and the prices will make you glad you did. Eat from the home style buffet of native cuisine . . (Fried Chicken, Smoked Bar B Que, Smoked Rib's, Chicken N Dumplings & Much More). Don't forget to Speak to Issac and the staff who are there to add to your dining enjoyment. If you are lucky, they will serenade you with some old time hymns while you and your family enjoy the meal. . Don't miss out on this treat!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dwsiler
Sellersburg,Indiana
“Great Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I seen the reviews and decided to try it out. Glad we did. It wasn't busy at all and was able to get right in with no big crowds to deal with. The ribs and chicken were excellent. Plus we finally got to meet Isaac whom I had been reading so much about. What a great guy. My daughter and her friend absolutely loved him. Especially when he sang to them. This will be a regular stop for us whenever we go back to Myrtle Beach.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Seahawker
Georgetown, South Carolina
“Simply Southern Cooking just like Grandma's !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a southern delight try Simply Southern Smokehouse. It's a refreshing change from the chain restaurants. Cooking just like Grandma's.