I stayed 14 nights in this hotel, and I won't come back if I can avoid it, unless I get evidence that I won't receive the same treatment next time.
Every hotel has plus points and minus points, and one staff member can make or break the quality and appreciation of once stay. Here more than 1 staff had an impact on our stay:
-John and the new guy at reception are really trying hard and are being very service oriented. Thank you John!
- the maids team is a total disaster, regularly, on a daily basis doing a poor or partial job: ie one day no towels, one day floor not vacuumed, one day counter not cleaned, one day room simply ignored and not cleaned, about daily bed is made with such carelessness it won my award for the worst bed making team (and I spend 250 nights in hotels per year!). etc, every night an other irritation.
- the maid's supervisor! just not doing his/her job.
- the hotel manager, not caring enough to making sure customer satisfaction is achieved, except the last night, after I went and showed pictures of how the room had been made to his staff.
Otherwise, the suite layout is plaisant, the color squeme is a strong aquamarine - beach type - not my favorite, but that is my personal taste.
- the breakfast was a very poor experience, one day the eggs were raw, the next the yellow was green! The rest was standard sugar in plastic containers, so we skipped taking breakfast her after the second morning. In the evening, coffee is announced as always being available, but I checked 3 times and 3 times it was cold. And the last 4 days there were no half and half. The excuse was that they ran out and had to wait for a new delivery.
Now this was among my worst 4 experiences in 2 years. And if this is the treatment we had for 2 weeks, I imagine that I am not the only one treated that way in this hotel.
And as one of the other worst experience was the one before in an Wingate by Windham hotel in Wilmington where I stayed 2 weeks as well, it tells me that Windham has recently acquired a bunch of declining hotel chains in the lower price range, and that if they don't care for how these hotels are being run, the brand name Windham will get a new reputation and loose my support.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your City Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.