“One of the worst 4 experience in 2 years”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of City Studios

City Studios
Ranked #179 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach, SC
“One of the worst 4 experience in 2 years”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

I stayed 14 nights in this hotel, and I won't come back if I can avoid it, unless I get evidence that I won't receive the same treatment next time.
Every hotel has plus points and minus points, and one staff member can make or break the quality and appreciation of once stay. Here more than 1 staff had an impact on our stay:
-John and the new guy at reception are really trying hard and are being very service oriented. Thank you John!
- the maids team is a total disaster, regularly, on a daily basis doing a poor or partial job: ie one day no towels, one day floor not vacuumed, one day counter not cleaned, one day room simply ignored and not cleaned, about daily bed is made with such carelessness it won my award for the worst bed making team (and I spend 250 nights in hotels per year!). etc, every night an other irritation.
- the maid's supervisor! just not doing his/her job.
- the hotel manager, not caring enough to making sure customer satisfaction is achieved, except the last night, after I went and showed pictures of how the room had been made to his staff.

Otherwise, the suite layout is plaisant, the color squeme is a strong aquamarine - beach type - not my favorite, but that is my personal taste.
- the breakfast was a very poor experience, one day the eggs were raw, the next the yellow was green! The rest was standard sugar in plastic containers, so we skipped taking breakfast her after the second morning. In the evening, coffee is announced as always being available, but I checked 3 times and 3 times it was cold. And the last 4 days there were no half and half. The excuse was that they ran out and had to wait for a new delivery.
- etc!

Now this was among my worst 4 experiences in 2 years. And if this is the treatment we had for 2 weeks, I imagine that I am not the only one treated that way in this hotel.

And as one of the other worst experience was the one before in an Wingate by Windham hotel in Wilmington where I stayed 2 weeks as well, it tells me that Windham has recently acquired a bunch of declining hotel chains in the lower price range, and that if they don't care for how these hotels are being run, the brand name Windham will get a new reputation and loose my support.

Sincerely, jp

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank jpbersier

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Port Clinton, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

Save your money. 80 dollars to stay in a very dirty and outdated hotel. Curtains had holes that looked like they had dry rotted through--so much for room darkening. Elevator sounded and felt like it could drop at anytime. Only 1 elevator and if the cleaning employees were there first you waited for the next ride. pretty rude! doors slamming all night , lots of unruly teens and young adults after 10pm vulgar language and noise until the second call to the front desk it did quiet down some then more in the early am hours. Hairs on the bed spread ,and bathroom floor. Mirror in bathroom dirty, rust stains in tub vent fan falling off ceiling footprints on bathroom floor and plaster falling off bath wall. When we asked to change rooms we were told that there are none available. We sufferd through the night and quickly checked out in the morning.Will never stay at the microtel at this location ever again and suggest you do the same I did take pictures and will surely send them directly to microtel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zakfire2002

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Bradenton, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

dont go pictures speak for themselves!!!!!!! dirty nasty hotel save your money and stay in the abandoned trailer park next door!!!!!!!!!!!111

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank johanna606
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

The room was Disgusting, paid for a NON SMOKING ROOM was placed in a SMOKING ROOM. Before I even opened the door, it smelled of URINE and MOLD. Went back down to the lobby and the clerk was very rude, not wanting to discuss the room at all. While there others were COMPLAINING as well. We stripped the beds down and the sheets and pillow cases had stains and hir all over them, and black mold was very visible in bathroom. Went to walgreens and bought cleaning supplies, we cleaned the room . I will forever have nightmares about this moteland would not suggest anyone to stay there. They should burn it to the ground!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank CHEEZY1_11
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2011

I stayed here with my wife and our two friends and when we walked in to see if we can check in the breakfast buffet was over but there was a whole mess and the glass tables were disgusting! Then we got key cards that didn't work. We were supposed to have a room with a frige and microwave and didn't get either. Our toilet didn't work when we first arrived and had to be fixed. No remote for our TV. A coffee machine and coffee with no coffee pot. The view from our room window (1st floor) was a large weed/bush and trash enclosed in a fence. There's a nasty run down trailer next to hotel. And I'm probably forgetting something. So I would not recommend staying at the Microtel!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank shane7986
Stem, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2011

I know people sometimes injustly put reviews on these websites to degrade an establishment, but listen to this one.... Just arrived home from a one night stay here with a school field trip in the off season, that was booked by tour bus company. We checked in and immediately complaints started pouring in.... pretty much by every single room (about 40 rooms). My complaint was pubic hair embedded in bath towels and on counter top & around toilet. Neighbors was a bloody womens sanitary napkin LAYING in bath tub!!!! Broken handle to shower placed on tubs edge. Moldy rice in microwave!!!! Absolutely no hot water on 3rd floor, did not matter when you tried. After arriving back from dinner I took the towels down to front desk & showed her my problem with the pubic hairs. While I was in the lobby waiting others from our group and complete strangers were also complaining about their rooms and towels as well.. And the clerks only response was "this is getting rediculous". I still am not sure if our complaints were rediculus or the fact that their housekeeping skills are not only scary but dangerous. We knew we were in for trouble when the tour bus pulled up and it had a muddy swampy mess in the back with the 9 foot tall grass that included trailer park steps that had apparently washed over there along with a house door from the abandoned mobile homes sales lot next door. If they brag or boast about their cheap rates to lure you in, you will wish you slept in your car. BE WARNED you get what you pay for!!! We only have the tour bus company to blame for the bad decision but this place needs to be shut down. You have been warned!!! Not even the best liar could make these up!!!

• Stayed April 2011
4 Thank nwaterbugz
VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

We were on our way to Myrtle Beach for an eight day stay. I write reviews for tripadvisor so that other travelers with intellectual values will investigate where they are going; therefore, giving them a better understanding of ones perspective from a business and individual perspective. Making reservations was a breeze. Upon arrival, even though we arrived in the later part of the evening, the front desk clerk was very helpful. We traveled with an eight pound Yorkie dog and the desk clerk was glad to help us with figuring out which room would be the best for us. We ended up in a handicapped room that was right by the side door where we could go in and out easily. The first thing we do when entering into a room is to check for bedbugs. We checked the bed and found NO bedbugs! I would advise all travelers before doing anything else; they should ALWAYS check a motel/hotel room for bedbugs. If you don’t then shame on you! If you find bedbugs then you should go immediately to the front desk and report them and ask for another room. This goes for ANYWHERE that you stay. Don’t put your luggage on the bed, put your belongings in the bathtub or shower until you have a chance to check for the bedbugs. Bedbugs are becoming a national infestation; therefore, when visiting ANY place other than your home… INVESTIGATE!!!!! The bed was wonderful, soft, clean, and we had a very restful night. We did not notice any noise from planes or people. The bathroom was handicap accessible and even though neither of us is handicapped all things functioned well. The apartment size refrigerator was clean and functioned well. The coffee pot! It is not that you are missing the pot it is that you have to put a disposable cup, that is provided, in the slot where a normal coffee pot would go. The coffee maker is a one cup serving! If you have any questions ask the front desk clerk as they are very happy to assist you and answer any questions that you may have. We had to ask for a hair dryer as there was not one provided in the room and we took it back to the front desk at checkout. The outside pool was clean; however, the patio furniture could use some updating. There was an iron and ironing board; however, we did not use them. The TV worked very well. We called front desk for wake-up call and received the wake-up call as planned. The breakfast buffet is GREAT! I woke up, half asleep and poured milk in the waffle maker. The staff was right there laughing with me and helped me to clean up the mess that I had made. The staff showed me what I needed to do to make the waffle and boy-oh-boy that waffle was sooooo good! The breakfast buffet had fresh fruit, cereal, milk, coffee, orange juice, pastries, hard boiled eggs, waffle maker, and a very clean area to sit down and eat. I cannot express enough how HELPFUL, POLITE, and PERSONABLE the staff is at this Microtel! You know, they are people just like us out there putting forth their best effort in completing their position functions. GREAT JOB! In closing, I would recommend this Microtel to any visitor traveling to the Myrtle Beach SC area.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business