“Filty...Filty...Filty”
Review of City Studios

City Studios
Ranked #169 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 4 September 2011

This is the filthest hotel, I have every stayed in. Whomever the housekeeper is that is responsible for this room, needs to be reprimanded and fired. We booked two rooms here at this hotel, Rooms 333 and Room 307. The sheets on all three beds were dirty. On one bed there was pee on the pillow case, sheets and covers. The other bed had stains, dirt and hair. The front desk staff told us we had to take our own covers down stairs to be washed and come back down to get them when they were done to make our own bed. The bathroom had rings in the shower and we had to get cleaning materials to clean our own bathroom. The staff stated that the housekeeping was not doing there job and was very apoligetic but it doesn't take away from the filth of the hotel. It was 11pm and we had drove from over 3 and half hours away and our other family drive from 7 hours away and there were not other hotels with availability or we would have left, even after paying. Although this is a budget friendly hotel, I have stayed at many less expensive hotels around the world which were 10 times cleaner then your property here in the Myrtle Beach area(Conway, SC). I have stayed and this hotel before over 2 years ago and did not have this issue, so I know it is either poor management or poor employees or both, whatever the case it needs to be resolve swiftly.

Room Tip: Staff help...but find another place to stay
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Carmel76

Reviewed 27 July 2011

I stayed 14 nights in this hotel, and I won't come back if I can avoid it, unless I get evidence that I won't receive the same treatment next time.
Every hotel has plus points and minus points, and one staff member can make or break the quality and appreciation of once stay. Here more than 1 staff had an impact on our stay:
-John and the new guy at reception are really trying hard and are being very service oriented. Thank you John!
- the maids team is a total disaster, regularly, on a daily basis doing a poor or partial job: ie one day no towels, one day floor not vacuumed, one day counter not cleaned, one day room simply ignored and not cleaned, about daily bed is made with such carelessness it won my award for the worst bed making team (and I spend 250 nights in hotels per year!). etc, every night an other irritation.
- the maid's supervisor! just not doing his/her job.
- the hotel manager, not caring enough to making sure customer satisfaction is achieved, except the last night, after I went and showed pictures of how the room had been made to his staff.

Otherwise, the suite layout is plaisant, the color squeme is a strong aquamarine - beach type - not my favorite, but that is my personal taste.
- the breakfast was a very poor experience, one day the eggs were raw, the next the yellow was green! The rest was standard sugar in plastic containers, so we skipped taking breakfast her after the second morning. In the evening, coffee is announced as always being available, but I checked 3 times and 3 times it was cold. And the last 4 days there were no half and half. The excuse was that they ran out and had to wait for a new delivery.
- etc!

Now this was among my worst 4 experiences in 2 years. And if this is the treatment we had for 2 weeks, I imagine that I am not the only one treated that way in this hotel.

And as one of the other worst experience was the one before in an Wingate by Windham hotel in Wilmington where I stayed 2 weeks as well, it tells me that Windham has recently acquired a bunch of declining hotel chains in the lower price range, and that if they don't care for how these hotels are being run, the brand name Windham will get a new reputation and loose my support.

Sincerely, jp

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank jpbersier
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Save your money. 80 dollars to stay in a very dirty and outdated hotel. Curtains had holes that looked like they had dry rotted through--so much for room darkening. Elevator sounded and felt like it could drop at anytime. Only 1 elevator and if the cleaning employees were there first you waited for the next ride. pretty rude! doors slamming all night , lots of unruly teens and young adults after 10pm vulgar language and noise until the second call to the front desk it did quiet down some then more in the early am hours. Hairs on the bed spread ,and bathroom floor. Mirror in bathroom dirty, rust stains in tub vent fan falling off ceiling footprints on bathroom floor and plaster falling off bath wall. When we asked to change rooms we were told that there are none available. We sufferd through the night and quickly checked out in the morning.Will never stay at the microtel at this location ever again and suggest you do the same I did take pictures and will surely send them directly to microtel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zakfire2002
Reviewed 8 July 2011

dont go pictures speak for themselves!!!!!!! dirty nasty hotel save your money and stay in the abandoned trailer park next door!!!!!!!!!!!111

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank johanna606
Reviewed 8 July 2011

The room was Disgusting, paid for a NON SMOKING ROOM was placed in a SMOKING ROOM. Before I even opened the door, it smelled of URINE and MOLD. Went back down to the lobby and the clerk was very rude, not wanting to discuss the room at all. While there others were COMPLAINING as well. We stripped the beds down and the sheets and pillow cases had stains and hir all over them, and black mold was very visible in bathroom. Went to walgreens and bought cleaning supplies, we cleaned the room . I will forever have nightmares about this moteland would not suggest anyone to stay there. They should burn it to the ground!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank CHEEZY1_11
Reviewed 25 April 2011

I stayed here with my wife and our two friends and when we walked in to see if we can check in the breakfast buffet was over but there was a whole mess and the glass tables were disgusting! Then we got key cards that didn't work. We were supposed to have a room with a frige and microwave and didn't get either. Our toilet didn't work when we first arrived and had to be fixed. No remote for our TV. A coffee machine and coffee with no coffee pot. The view from our room window (1st floor) was a large weed/bush and trash enclosed in a fence. There's a nasty run down trailer next to hotel. And I'm probably forgetting something. So I would not recommend staying at the Microtel!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank shane7986
Reviewed 2 April 2011

I know people sometimes injustly put reviews on these websites to degrade an establishment, but listen to this one.... Just arrived home from a one night stay here with a school field trip in the off season, that was booked by tour bus company. We checked in and immediately complaints started pouring in.... pretty much by every single room (about 40 rooms). My complaint was pubic hair embedded in bath towels and on counter top & around toilet. Neighbors was a bloody womens sanitary napkin LAYING in bath tub!!!! Broken handle to shower placed on tubs edge. Moldy rice in microwave!!!! Absolutely no hot water on 3rd floor, did not matter when you tried. After arriving back from dinner I took the towels down to front desk & showed her my problem with the pubic hairs. While I was in the lobby waiting others from our group and complete strangers were also complaining about their rooms and towels as well.. And the clerks only response was "this is getting rediculous". I still am not sure if our complaints were rediculus or the fact that their housekeeping skills are not only scary but dangerous. We knew we were in for trouble when the tour bus pulled up and it had a muddy swampy mess in the back with the 9 foot tall grass that included trailer park steps that had apparently washed over there along with a house door from the abandoned mobile homes sales lot next door. If they brag or boast about their cheap rates to lure you in, you will wish you slept in your car. BE WARNED you get what you pay for!!! We only have the tour bus company to blame for the bad decision but this place needs to be shut down. You have been warned!!! Not even the best liar could make these up!!!

• Stayed: April 2011
Sleep Inn & Suites near Outlets
#88 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
Comfort Suites at the University
Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion
Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at ...
#141 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
The Reef Myrtle Beach
The Reef Myrtle Beach
#165 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
Staybridge Suites
Staybridge Suites
#61 of 209 in Myrtle Beach

Been to City Studios? Share your experiences!