“could have been better if customer service was good”
Review of City Studios

City Studios
Ranked #177 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
“could have been better if customer service was good”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

It a great hotel and the location is good,but the fron t desk emloyee need to take a coarse on customer skill,the are not friendly at all,the dont even great there guess properly,and alway looking mad as thou they dont want to be at work may they need to be cleaning the room and let the clean people do the customer service,they where more friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
NC
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Went to Tangier Outlet with friends for a few days, and decided to stay here because it was walking distance to the outlets and a couple of restaurants. Just let me start by saying that I wish I had taken some pictures to prove I am not exaggerating, because even I have a hard time believing reviews like this. I must say that the ladies at the front desk were very friendly and helpful, and we had no complaints about the quality of the customer service. The carpets and furniture are worn, but that is to be expected in an older place. The room prices are very reasonable, so I didn't expect everything to be shiny and new. But there is a huge difference between worn and JUST PLAIN NASTY. I am not one to complain about little things, and I know you get what you pay for; but no one should have to pay for pure filth! The housekeepers at this place are so gawd-awful crummy at their jobs that I cannot even find words to describe it; all I can say is that they, and the management of this hotel, should be embarrassed. I am not sure if the health department inspects hotels in SC, but if they do, I am amazed this place is still open. It was some of the worst housekeeping I have EVER seen in a hotel, and I have stayed in quite a few in the past 40 years.
We took a DVD player with us to watch movies, and when I went to plug it into the back of the TV there was so much dust on the shelf and behind the TV that it actually rolled up under my hand when I ran it across the shelf. There was hair in the bathtub and on the bathroom floor, the toilet seat had been wiped on top but had not been lifted because it was disgusting underneath, there was a congealed glob of shampoo in the tub (or at least I hope it was shampoo, it sudsed up when we rinsed it out anyway), and several little flecks of toothpaste in the sink and spattered on the mirror. There were little pieces of trash on the floor around the edges of the beds, and under the tables and chairs - it was obvious it had not been vacuumed very well. One of the beds looked like the sheets had not been changed since the last guest because they were wrinkled as if someone had slept on them, then just remade the bed - rather sloppily I might add. Housekeeping never came to the room the entire time we were there, not even to offer to empty the trash. We had to go to the front desk to ask for clean towels and coffee.
It is unfortunate that the management lets this continue, because the rooms are decent size, and this could be a really nice place if it were kept up and CLEANED; it would be well worth the money because it is so close to the outlets and only a few minutes the beach and some of the major attractions in Myrtle Beach. However, unless they get rid of those nasty, inept housekeepers, I will not go back.

Room Tip: If you are going to brave this place, take some cleaning supplies with you.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank covermeimgoingin

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

columbia
Reviewed 16 November 2011

My husband and I had to make a quick trip to the beach and not pay too much for the stay. Booked microtel online for a great price but reviews really scared me! Boy, do people exaggerate or plain lie. We had a marvelous exsperience there. Deb @ front was the BEST! She upgraded us free of charge to a suite(very nice and clean) and had refreshments on our arrival. Everything was nice and lobby was warm and inviting and smelled great! Very pleased with our stay.The only problem we had was understanding the other employee on the late shift ( garbled speech ) and attitude, other than that, great.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank chelsea c
Dunn, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 September 2011

This is the filthest hotel, I have every stayed in. Whomever the housekeeper is that is responsible for this room, needs to be reprimanded and fired. We booked two rooms here at this hotel, Rooms 333 and Room 307. The sheets on all three beds were dirty. On one bed there was pee on the pillow case, sheets and covers. The other bed had stains, dirt and hair. The front desk staff told us we had to take our own covers down stairs to be washed and come back down to get them when they were done to make our own bed. The bathroom had rings in the shower and we had to get cleaning materials to clean our own bathroom. The staff stated that the housekeeping was not doing there job and was very apoligetic but it doesn't take away from the filth of the hotel. It was 11pm and we had drove from over 3 and half hours away and our other family drive from 7 hours away and there were not other hotels with availability or we would have left, even after paying. Although this is a budget friendly hotel, I have stayed at many less expensive hotels around the world which were 10 times cleaner then your property here in the Myrtle Beach area(Conway, SC). I have stayed and this hotel before over 2 years ago and did not have this issue, so I know it is either poor management or poor employees or both, whatever the case it needs to be resolve swiftly.

Room Tip: Staff help...but find another place to stay
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Carmel76
Myrtle Beach, SC
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I stayed 14 nights in this hotel, and I won't come back if I can avoid it, unless I get evidence that I won't receive the same treatment next time.
Every hotel has plus points and minus points, and one staff member can make or break the quality and appreciation of once stay. Here more than 1 staff had an impact on our stay:
-John and the new guy at reception are really trying hard and are being very service oriented. Thank you John!
- the maids team is a total disaster, regularly, on a daily basis doing a poor or partial job: ie one day no towels, one day floor not vacuumed, one day counter not cleaned, one day room simply ignored and not cleaned, about daily bed is made with such carelessness it won my award for the worst bed making team (and I spend 250 nights in hotels per year!). etc, every night an other irritation.
- the maid's supervisor! just not doing his/her job.
- the hotel manager, not caring enough to making sure customer satisfaction is achieved, except the last night, after I went and showed pictures of how the room had been made to his staff.

Otherwise, the suite layout is plaisant, the color squeme is a strong aquamarine - beach type - not my favorite, but that is my personal taste.
- the breakfast was a very poor experience, one day the eggs were raw, the next the yellow was green! The rest was standard sugar in plastic containers, so we skipped taking breakfast her after the second morning. In the evening, coffee is announced as always being available, but I checked 3 times and 3 times it was cold. And the last 4 days there were no half and half. The excuse was that they ran out and had to wait for a new delivery.
- etc!

Now this was among my worst 4 experiences in 2 years. And if this is the treatment we had for 2 weeks, I imagine that I am not the only one treated that way in this hotel.

And as one of the other worst experience was the one before in an Wingate by Windham hotel in Wilmington where I stayed 2 weeks as well, it tells me that Windham has recently acquired a bunch of declining hotel chains in the lower price range, and that if they don't care for how these hotels are being run, the brand name Windham will get a new reputation and loose my support.

Sincerely, jp

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank jpbersier
Port Clinton, Ohio
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Save your money. 80 dollars to stay in a very dirty and outdated hotel. Curtains had holes that looked like they had dry rotted through--so much for room darkening. Elevator sounded and felt like it could drop at anytime. Only 1 elevator and if the cleaning employees were there first you waited for the next ride. pretty rude! doors slamming all night , lots of unruly teens and young adults after 10pm vulgar language and noise until the second call to the front desk it did quiet down some then more in the early am hours. Hairs on the bed spread ,and bathroom floor. Mirror in bathroom dirty, rust stains in tub vent fan falling off ceiling footprints on bathroom floor and plaster falling off bath wall. When we asked to change rooms we were told that there are none available. We sufferd through the night and quickly checked out in the morning.Will never stay at the microtel at this location ever again and suggest you do the same I did take pictures and will surely send them directly to microtel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zakfire2002
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2011

dont go pictures speak for themselves!!!!!!! dirty nasty hotel save your money and stay in the abandoned trailer park next door!!!!!!!!!!!111

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends