“Horrible experience! Stay away!”
Review of The Bowery

The Bowery
Ranked #4 of 49 Nightlife in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We went for lunch with a group of about 20. We arrived around 12pm and the restaurant was basically empty. Now I know why! It took over 1.5 hours to get our food of simple burgers and corn dogs. On top of that, the food was so greasy and disgusting. Stupid us for waiting around. We should have walked out. Shame on us, especially since their waitress t-shirts say " hot beer, lousy food, and bad service!" Can't say we weren't warned!!!

1  Thank Nataliatennis

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had the best time listening to the house band Lee Travis and the Bounty Hunters. They put on a truly amazing experience that was full of fun effects and great music. I have been to many different home town bars and no where else compare to the experience of The Bowery. Their service was top notch and they made sure that our experience there was amazing. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Good old fashioned country bar, they have beer and that's it. If you want liquor ya gotta go elsewhere. Don't ask what's on tap and don't ever ask for a bottle, you won't get an answer to either. The menu is clearly posted on the pillars inside. The staff is straight up and to the point. The house band, Travis Lee and the Bounty Hunters, were phenomenal. I wish I would've had time to go a second night but sport bike week ruined that for me. If you're into a cheap good time and a good country atmosphere this is your place!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

The food, booze and music was ok, nothing special. The prices were in line with the other places in the boardwalk area.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

The band was awesome, covering songs from Merle Haggard, Garth Brooks, David Allan Coe, etc. The bar tenders were proactive in checking in with me to make sure I had what I needed. The lead singer of the band was hilarious, but also a talented singer. They also had an excellent fiddle/guitar player. The atmosphere was good, reminds me of a dive bar, which on this case is a good thing. Bathroom was a little odd and it was very smoky in the bar but other than that I had a great time.