“Loved loved this place! VERY handicapped accessible! Really you won't believe it!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Myrtle Beach
Pirateland Oceanfront Campground
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

OK let's start with I am girly! So camping even with a camper did not sound fun. This place changed my mind. First its ocean front. Second each campsite is spacious.(With super clean bath houses) Their there's no reason to have to leave as there is plenty to do. The obvious, the beach, with access right there. There's a mini golf, a store a restaurant a gift shop a diner an arcade play grounds basketball courts fishing on site paddles boats a 12 person hot tub a lazy river and 5 pools. The most alluring thing about this place to me though was that it was handicapped accessible. Some bath houses were equipped with grab bars and hand held shower nozzles. The main pool and lazy river have the coolest thing ever. They have a seat that a handicapped person can sit in. And it will safely and slowly move the person over the pool and then lowers you into the pool! And back out! Imagine being able to go swimming with out any assistance after almost 40 years of dependence! And they have beach wheelchairs upon request! These chairs are amazing! Easy to use! Finally no longer sitting alone in one spot while everyone else enjoys the sand! I love love love pirate land! I've stayed all over Myrtle Beach, from places that leave the light on for you to places where Paris could stay for free and I'll always chose Pirate land from now on! Kudos !

• Stayed August 2014
5 Thank tammy h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Czech first
Ithaca, New York, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed in one of the vacation rentals, 1003. We were pleasantly surprised upon entering the camper. Keep in mind this is essentially a mobile home, it has a spacious common area, a bunk room and two bedrooms, a very functional bathroom and a full kitchen and fridge. There is an eating area and a couch, plus a TV. The place was very clean. The bedrooms were well, cramped, but more then workable, just only one person at a time could get dressed, for the bunk room probably no older then 10 could fit in the bunks, for our situation, grandparents, parents and two little kids it was perfect. Most of the time was spent in the pool, or the awesome splash pool, this unit is in the middle of it all. The covered porch provided a great place to relax and talk at night. Only a few negatives, gold carts everywhere, not really bad until the younger kids had them after dark, they should ban radios in those things, the wifi does not work, there is not adequate bandwidth oh well, other than that I can not point at many negatives, the parking patrol are kind of serious, take a chill man. Really enjoyed this visit, hopefully we will be back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joshua P
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My family went the weekend of 8-10-14 most patrol people were rude. I was told to go home when I was walking to the restroom about 11:00pm, we brought our own golf cart not knowing you have to rent from them, I called & asked them before hand. Went to office after my son was punctured in the ankle by a stingray the first day & could not walk, still not reasonable with anything. If you are 55 & older and have young kids that still take naps this is the campground for you. To strict and unreasonable not fun for teenagers, all about the money campground, will not be back.

Evans Family, Lynchburg Virginia

8 Thank Dawn E
VCarmody, Rental Manager at Pirateland Oceanfront Campground, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay; especially that your son was stung by a stingray in the ocean as that is a very painful and terrifying experience. Also not very common in this area; we more often see jellyfish stings. I apologize if any of our crew members were rude to you and/or gave you incorrect information.

We want guests to have a great time here and vacations should of course be fun, but rules are needed to insure the safety and comfort of everyone. We as crew are expected to address issues tactfully and politely so I’m sorry if that was not done in your case. We hope you enjoy future trips to the area!
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

What a great family place to enjoy with everybody.
The RV site are nice and roomy.
The swimming pool and lazy river are relaxing.
The new kiddy pool and pirate ship is a blast.
The beach has easy access and is very clean.

2 Thank Keven K
York, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was the first time we had camped here. I must say I was shocked at the small size of the campsites. I have never stayed at a campground that was this crowded before, but we gave it a try. It's a very busy campground, lots of golf carts. We were only about 100 yards from the beach so that was great. The walk to the pool was a little farther, but hey, who doesn't need exercise! I had my two grandchildren with me, ages 2 and 4. I will say that I was ABSOLUTLEY impressed with the waterpark for the kids! The water park made the small campsites worth it! The lazy river was pretty crowded, but we spent most of our time at the pirate ship water park! Love, love, love it! Going in September to Oceanlakes but I'm betting the waterpark/pool won't hold a candle to Pirateland!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I've been coming since I was a baby. It's still great. It's big but easy to get around. Roads are busy with gold carts but not overcrowded. Everybody who camps here is very friendly. pools, lazy river, store, arcade and more. The beach is beautiful and clean.
Bathrooms/bathhouse are what you would expect, not gonna be perfect but that's camping.

3 Thank Damiantek
VCarmody, Rental Manager at Pirateland Oceanfront Campground, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review the park! We are very lucky to border such a beautiful part of the coast and it's really great to hear your family enjoys many aspects of the campground! Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to your next visit!
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 August 2014

very dirty site had all kinds of litter. had to clean before we parked. sites are small. poor planning went into sewer and water access. not located at the back of site as you would expect take extra sewer and water hose.bathhouses are small damp and no hot water after checking many times during the week.

2 Thank hilda b
VCarmody, Rental Manager at Pirateland Oceanfront Campground, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
We are sorry about the inconveniences you experience. We are in receipt of your email and as stated in our response we wish you would have let us know while you were here. We would have gladly sent someone to take care of any issues. It looks like you have stayed with us several times. Great suggestion about extra cords/hoses as they help campers situate in a way that will maximize the usable space.

For future travelers to note: we have daily trash pick-up from 10am to 2pm so if you happen to check-in early (before 2pm) it’s possible the trash truck has not made it around to that area yet. We also ask that guests be courteous and clean up after themselves but if ever there is an issue where the previous guest has not done so, please just let us know so we can address it in a timely manner!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Myrtle Beach
#67 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
Coral Beach Resort & Suites
Coral Beach Resort & Suites
#10 of 209 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Pirateland Oceanfront Campground? Share your experiences!