All reviews golf cart camp store pirate land lazy river travel trailer covered picnic ride their bikes splash pool general store putt putt off season beach access beach front mrytle beach arcade cabin laundromat
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Campground is pretty well located on the strip. 15 min drive down to the boardwalk area and a 15-20 min to Murrells Inlet area and about 1 hr 25 min to Charleston. We camped here early July 2014, we had a site in the Beach Area (yellow sites on the map). There are a lot of people here and while you can improve a campground you can't do much about other campers who are rude. I had a morning walk and had a very nice conversation with security and did not encounter rude staff at any time during the week. The front office staff was friendly when I called to book and were the same upon check in. If you're not familiar with ocean beaches like us, be warned these sites by the beach are windy, windy!! That wind never let up. No awning usage for fear it would break off but they do have a pavilion type covering over the picnic tables in most of these sites. Lots of people have this figured out and "wrap" these structures with tarps to make a 3 sided shelter. Definitely cuts on the wind. We had a hard time with the gas grill and the wind so make sure to bring some tarps along to put up. Bring along something to stake down or weight down your awning mat as well, that's forever flipping about too. The beach is lovely here. Just a short walk away from the beach sites. Everyone seems to go down early AM to stake their claim for the day. I thought the pool was a good size too for such a large campground. This along with the splash pad area and lazy river are fairly large enough to handle the load of people. The lazy river is an endless source of rude people though. It's lazy, people, you don't have to run through it squeezing through people who are there just to float along. My biggest pet peeve at this place. (and most all lazy rivers - what's with that?) Water pressure was good, electric kept running which was good because the AC in the trailer never turned off from 8am - 8pm. The one weird thing here was the electric service was on the wrong side of the camper. It was located on the door side of the site so we had to park way over and pull the cord under the camper in order to reach. Unless you have an extension cord, the 20 feet on your camper will be pushed. There is a wooded section of sites if you're not into being by the beach. It seemed less windy in here and had shaded sites. (purple on the map) Lots of golf carts here as usual. Seems people don't walk much here, so beware of those. There is a golf cart parade down by the beach road every night but the place did get quieted down by 11pm. This is a very busy place. People coming in and leaving every single day of the week. They did pick up garbage every day which was a good thing. I did like the fact they closed the front gates and policed who was allowed into the campground. Full load of cable channels on the TV. Our AT&T cell service was unbelievably slow in here as in most of Myrtle Beach. Not sure what was up with that. It usually worked very well about 4:30 AM and then got slower through the day. Bathrooms were ok. We only used them to rinse off after being on the beach. Water was hot with good pressure. We use the facilities in our camper. If you're not on the road with the bathroom, people like to cut through other's sites to get to the bathroom. So we had a constant flow of people walking through the site.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank AnnKay96
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

OK let's start with I am girly! So camping even with a camper did not sound fun. This place changed my mind. First its ocean front. Second each campsite is spacious.(With super clean bath houses) Their there's no reason to have to leave as there is plenty to do. The obvious, the beach, with access right there. There's a mini golf, a store a restaurant a gift shop a diner an arcade play grounds basketball courts fishing on site paddles boats a 12 person hot tub a lazy river and 5 pools. The most alluring thing about this place to me though was that it was handicapped accessible. Some bath houses were equipped with grab bars and hand held shower nozzles. The main pool and lazy river have the coolest thing ever. They have a seat that a handicapped person can sit in. And it will safely and slowly move the person over the pool and then lowers you into the pool! And back out! Imagine being able to go swimming with out any assistance after almost 40 years of dependence! And they have beach wheelchairs upon request! These chairs are amazing! Easy to use! Finally no longer sitting alone in one spot while everyone else enjoys the sand! I love love love pirate land! I've stayed all over Myrtle Beach, from places that leave the light on for you to places where Paris could stay for free and I'll always chose Pirate land from now on! Kudos !

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank tammy h
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed in one of the vacation rentals, 1003. We were pleasantly surprised upon entering the camper. Keep in mind this is essentially a mobile home, it has a spacious common area, a bunk room and two bedrooms, a very functional bathroom and a full kitchen and fridge. There is an eating area and a couch, plus a TV. The place was very clean. The bedrooms were well, cramped, but more then workable, just only one person at a time could get dressed, for the bunk room probably no older then 10 could fit in the bunks, for our situation, grandparents, parents and two little kids it was perfect. Most of the time was spent in the pool, or the awesome splash pool, this unit is in the middle of it all. The covered porch provided a great place to relax and talk at night. Only a few negatives, gold carts everywhere, not really bad until the younger kids had them after dark, they should ban radios in those things, the wifi does not work, there is not adequate bandwidth oh well, other than that I can not point at many negatives, the parking patrol are kind of serious, take a chill man. Really enjoyed this visit, hopefully we will be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joshua P
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My family went the weekend of 8-10-14 most patrol people were rude. I was told to go home when I was walking to the restroom about 11:00pm, we brought our own golf cart not knowing you have to rent from them, I called & asked them before hand. Went to office after my son was punctured in the ankle by a stingray the first day & could not walk, still not reasonable with anything. If you are 55 & older and have young kids that still take naps this is the campground for you. To strict and unreasonable not fun for teenagers, all about the money campground, will not be back.

Evans Family, Lynchburg Virginia

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Dawn E
VCarmody, Rental Manager at Pirateland Oceanfront Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay; especially that your son was stung by a stingray in the ocean as that is a very painful and terrifying experience. Also not very common in this area; we more often see jellyfish stings. I apologize if any of our crew members were rude to you and/or gave you incorrect information.

We want guests to have a great time here and vacations should of course be fun, but rules are needed to insure the safety and comfort of everyone. We as crew are expected to address issues tactfully and politely so I’m sorry if that was not done in your case. We hope you enjoy future trips to the area!

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

What a great family place to enjoy with everybody.
The RV site are nice and roomy.
The swimming pool and lazy river are relaxing.
The new kiddy pool and pirate ship is a blast.
The beach has easy access and is very clean.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family