“Great view!”

Ocean Villas Beach and Racquet
Ocean Villas Beach and Racquet
Ranked #158 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Stayed in unit 1205 (on the top floor, ocean view): nicely renovated unit with brand new renovated washrooms and a great view! Very clean and bright, and close to many restaurants, shopping, and most importantly, the beach! Access to the beach is directly across the road. This is a family-owned condo (no timeshares here!) and it appears to be really well taken care of. Great view of the sunset from the balcony. The rental was really easy to arrange through Condolux (the rental company).

I'd return in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: We stayed in #1205 - had a great view because it was on the top floor. I also got to see #503 which...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tiffany W

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Just got back from two weeks at Ocean Villas. We stayed in Unit #1205 and our friends stayed in #503. Everything was great. Both units have been newly renovated including new bathrooms. Very clean units and nicely decorated. Great views!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank griffinpam
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We bought a timeshare vacation here off ebay.Third vacation bought this year from there,the other two were perfect experiences and very nice.Ocean Villas was the third and we will never go back.First impressions were dim.When calling to arrange for late checkin,no one in the office answered ALL day.This should have been a clue.But it was paid for so we went anyway.The office was closed by the time we got there(seems they are always closed)so we had to get our keys from a lockbox.not card keys but real keys.Old school.Anyway the room was old and outdated but clean.No complaints there.Everytime we called down or went down to the office for anything they were not there.EVER. Strange.The only complaint about the room was that the balcony railings were spaced way too far apart.We have a toddler and he could have easily slipped through.Terrifying.Week flew by.We enjoyed MB as usual.Day before checkout we look at the checkout list and do each thing.Take all trash and food out,check....take bed linens and dirty towels and put them in kitchen on floor,check......wash all dished and put them up,check, and then lastly turn in all keys before 10AM,check.All is done we go home.4 days after checkout I awake to a 145 charge.Immediately call ocean villas.........all day....NO ANSWER...called the head company VRIrealty which was a waste because all he did was try to call them.....no answer...and he had no idea what the charge was for....By this time I am fuming.24 hours rolls around before I get to talk to someone.......He tells me one set of sheets were peed in and we didnt sweep the floor....WTH?? I almost laughed.I said,sir we did everything on the list and the list didnt say to sweep to immaculate and it didnt say wash the sheets,it said put dirty sheets and linens on the floor.Anyway before I let my blood pressure rise anymore I have just decided to let my cc issuer handle the situation.We wont stay here again and wouldnt recommend anyone else do either.Additional charges at their whim are unacceptable.Plus there are much nicer places in MB to stay like the Wyndham where we stayed last time.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
11  Thank freqtravlr566
Reviewed 23 June 2012

My grandmother owns a unit here at ocean villas and was not up to going so instead of wasting the week we decided to take advantage of her week. When we arrived it was 5:00 pm we walk to the office to find that it is closed, when on the conformation it says its opened on saturday until 6:00. We call the resort company to get the code for the lock box they where rude and acted like it was an inconvience. This "resort" uses regular keys I thought that way before i was born every resort used electronic key cards. The room (205) was a through back into the early 90s floral print sofas, ugly beadspreads, green carpet, old table and chairs and old and ugly stained floral print curtains. Now to the cleanliness The microwave looked like something exploded in it but other than that it was clean. Most of the staff was friendly when i got locked out of our room the nice housekeeping staff let me in. If your looking for a luxury resort with extravagant furniture and 5 star quality look elsewhere!

Room Tip: Get a room on the corner these are larger.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank travelbug1504
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We bought this week on eBay and we got what we paid for. The location is good, but the room was not the.greatest. also we had city of myrtle beach lifeguards staying beside us and they made our trip terrible....very loud, drunk and partying all the time....would not come back!!

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank mpage71
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I was really concerned when I didn't see little to know reviews about this hotel. I think the name is misleading. I booked at OceanVillas at 7509, but the Beach and Racquet is accross the street. (ie. different accomodations.) We booked via a timeshare exchange and had a 1 bedroom on the 12th floor which gave us a nice view of the ocean despite other buildings in between the hotel and ocean. This is no frills in that it is a 1 bedroom, a galley kitchen, and 1.5 baths, and then a large room that has a murphy bed, a pull out sleeper sofa, two chairs, a table with 6 chairs, and 2 dresser/end tables... and the TV and dvd player. and yet there is still room to walk. Plus the balcony. The pool is open from 9a to 11pm. There isn't a lock on it, just a gate and a pull up type latch to make it hard for little kids to get in. We traveled with 3 teens and I was happy that I was somewhat separated from them at night. Everything we wanted to do was within 20 minutes drive or a short walk. The condo was clean, adequately furnished and a perfect place to sleep on a beach vacation. The front office is only open from 9a to 5pm so if you arrive after that (1pm on Sunday) they have you call and get a key from the lock box. When I interacted withe the front desk, they were nice, professional and answered questions. (if you are coming from the North east bring Chris New York Style pizza... you cant get authentic here.) There is a laundry facility and a community room on site. Parking was fine (free) the beach was a short 1 block walk and it was a perfect reasonable place to stay in Myrtle beach. There is only 1 2 bedroom unit on site.... IF you want.... pay the $20 refundable fee to use the health club at the corner of 75th and the beach. There is a pool, clean restrooms, and a pool bar. I think it is Ocean Villas Racquet Club.

Room Tip: I think you can get rentals here as well as timeshare as half the units are privately owned.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank lisa1063
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Just returned from Ocean Villas on Ocean Blvd in Myrtle Beach. We had a great time. It was a short walk to the beach and just 2 blocks to resturant row. Our room had a great view of the beach and the balcony was a great place to have your morning coffee.

You can rent these condos from a time share agency or through the internet. We used Barefoot Vacations and they were great to deal with.

Looking forward to next year.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family