“Nothing special at all”

Ranked #74 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Fort Myers, Florida
“Nothing special at all”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I knew the property was older but was terribly disappointed by the lack of maintenance. The sole elevator on this 6-story hotel was out of service 3 of our 7 days. The bathtub had a chunk of rust on one end and more rust along the edge by the door. There was no table on the narrow balcony. Wifi access signal did not reach all of the rooms. The pool and the beach access were great and the staff was friendly and helpful, but the place itself is just a cheapo motel room by the sea. Rating it even as "average" is a bit of a gift.

Room Tip: Spring for a few bucks more to get the oceanfront rooms. The view is worth it.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Thomasville, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed at Cabana Shores June 15-17, 2012 after researching many hotels this sounded like a good choice for my fiance & I. We arrived about 2:45 (15 mins before check-in) and we were allowed to check into our room. The desk staff were always friendly. I knew to expect an older hotel before I got there. The pool was very well kept although I did not get in during my stay. I reserved the ocean view efficiency room and it was just that. I had a side view of the ocean, my balcony only had one chair. Some parts of the room needed updating but nothing about my stay made me turn up my nose. I did purchase an air freshener. Standard beds and bathroom. The kitchen had everything I needed for cooking breakfasts and one dinner. 3 pans with lids, 1 small skillet, baking sheet. 4 plates, 3 bowls, cups, oven mit, utensils, spatula, can opener, they covered the basics. Cabana Shores is more for those looking for clean, quiet, relaxation without a lot of frills. I never heard neighbors or people outside my door. I was pleased with my stay and was very economical. Close to everything but tucked in a more residential area which I loved. The beach access was great, not crowded at all. If you like being away from the busy strip but still close to everything I would highly suggest Cabana Shores. Again it's not a lot to this hotel but it was just a very peaceful, basic, clean hotel which was exactly what I was going for.

Room Tip: If I ever stay again I will get an ocean front room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SherriaF
Reviewed 23 June 2012

When I first came, there was a smell of mildew. There was only one elevator and the "deluxe room" was smaller than the smallest rooms in other hotels. The ceiling had three holes in it where a fan would of been. There was dust everywhere and dirty comforters(they didn't change the comforters the whole time I was there). I stayed at a motel that was $75 a night for its smallest room and it had better service, cleaness, and a larger size room than this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Hotelstaye
Reviewed 8 April 2012 via mobile

We checked in and was impressed by the kind, knowledgable hotel staff. Liked the full size appliances in the ocenfront room. The view of the ocean is very nice both day & night. We were on the 5th floor. The hotel is older but taken care of and out of the hustle of crowds. Room attendant was nice and helpful. Room was clean. Plenty of hot water, cool a/c, comfy beds. Our son enjoyed the pool and beach every day. We enjoyed this quiet private area of Myrtle Beach. A great area to just relax, read a good book and enjoy family time. No rushing around everything is very close. We even got pizza delivered to our room in less then 20 mins. Papa John's knows the hotel well. Overall we enjoyed and will return.

Stayed April 2012
7 Thank Catherine S
Mint Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I won this vacation stay last year on a myrtlebeach.com web site. My husband & I had a oceanfront view efficiency room....and the view of the beach was incredible. The hotel was on a quiet end of the beach, not very crowded at all......possibly because this time of year it's not warm enough to go swimming......but great weather for a walk or sitting on your balcony just enjoying the view. So nice that my husband says he'd like to go back to the same place a little later this year in the summer when it's warmer....

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank breezelady
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I stayed at Cabana Shores several months while waiting to purchase a condo in Myrtle Beach. What merits its excellent review from me is the great balance of comfort, cleanliness, quiet, reasonable price, location on one of the most peaceful sections of the Grand Strand, and its helpful and friendly staff. In other words, for the price you get an excellent combination of features. Since mine was an extended stay I particularly appreciated its accommodations for working, including good wireless internet, and my room had a very comfortable but firm bed. My room was not oceanfront, but a side room facing S-SW that nevertheless gave me great views of the ocean from either the living room or bedroom balconies. The neighborhood surrounding Cabana Shores is overwhelmingly residential, and at the same time it is within easy strolling distance to a grocery store, fast food, and sit-down dining establishments.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank Bob M
Vancouver, Wa.
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Thsi property is as recommended. Clean, quiet neighborhood, great view, ocean front, and reasonable!
We opted for the ocean front, higher floor, and got what we requested. Not having been to Myrtle Beach before, we were so glad to be in this quiet area!
The beds were comfy, wi-fi worked well, great to have the fridge and microwave. The pool looked nice, but it was a bit cool and we didn't use it.
The front desk clerks were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Spend the few dollars for an ocean front! Center of the building, high floor, great view!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple