“Great family friendly hotel with excellent view.”

Cabana Shores Hotel
Ranked #74 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Great family friendly hotel with excellent view.”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I liked this place a lot. It was everything that a family could ask for. Location. On the beach, quiet and private neighborhood. Beach access was great. The room was clean and had a great view from balcony. The only negative was the upcharge at check in. I booked on cheap tickets.com, I precisely indicated that 3 adults and two children were staying. One child was 3 and the other 7. The deskclerk (male) said " I will have to charge 10$ additional for extra guest" ...what extra guest was he talking about? I guess I got to good of a deal and he took it upon himself to get the extra charge which cost me 30$ more. I still got a great deal and would stay again but next time I would argue about the upcharge. Still a fantastic family vacation for those on a budget!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Dan E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Leburn, Kentucky
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is one of the smaller hotels but it's very clean. It's in a residential section so it's very quite. Prices are very reasonable compared to the bigger resort hotels. You do have to cross a two lane road in order to get to the beach but it is ocean front with great views of the ocean. Rooms are clean and they offer a variety of room options; ocean front, ocean front efficiency, suites, and ocean views.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Paula A
Milford
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Family vacation. Had a kitchenette and also rented the deluxe suite for the rest of the family. Wonderful stay. The view is just what we wanted. Clean and comfortable. Love this place. Our go to place when we are in the area. No reason to stay any where else. Thank you to the owners and staff of Cabana Shores!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Rhonda B
Wilmington
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband and I booked this hotel because it was away from the busy attractions. The staff was great and the hotel as clean, somewhat updated and right on the beach. My only issues are:
1) The mattress' are old and sank down in the center which made my back hurt so bad I was in tears.
2) The front desk wasn't covered 24 hours so if you had a issue you were out of luck
3) The building is concrete however the young kids in the room above us made so much noise it sounded like they were bowling on the floor and this went on till after 11:00 pm. They also woke us up at 3:30 am yelling in the hallways.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cathy C
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I am writing this review from the motel itself. We are here in Myrtle Beach for a weekend to celebrate my birthday.We were looking for an inexpensive motel near the ocean and Cabana Shores fits the bill perfectly. We decided to go with a front view efficiency which has 2 dbl bed, and a small kitchenette. The beds are comfy and the room is spacious. The bathroom is on the small side but still functional. As others noted, the beds have no blankets, but no biggie for us. The room is dated but clean and having the full size fridge is a plus. The young man (didn't catch his name) who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. Kudos to him! The beach is just across the road and its very secluded, as the motel is in a residental area. Lots of places to shop and eat within driving distance tho. All in all, we are happy with our choice of accomodations for the price and we will certainly be back.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean have an amazing view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Aidansmommy1
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 20 April 2014

the price was fine however the place needs some help bathroom needs a lot of updates rust on door caseings outside of tub was dirty I had to wash the tub so we could use it if we wanted to use the fold out couch it had to be made they did not make it for you the housekeeping was the worst never vacamued in the 5 days we were there when I checked out and talked to the person at the front desk he got mad that I said anything then I said that I didn't think I would return he told me he didn't care that was fine with him that's the way to make your guest feel wanted will I return NO will I tell others that it is the place to stay NO over all I will find another place to stay next year

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Chris I
Charleston, SC
Reviewed 28 January 2014

if you are looking for a place to stay that is in the middle of all of the attractions of Myrtle Beach, but not in the middle of the crowds, look no further. We found this hotel to be well maintained, fairly modern in decor, and very comfortable. Yes, this is an older building, but it's location and up keep more than makes up for the age of the building. This facility is a short walk across the street from the beach, and the beach is fairly secluded. The staff was friendly and helpful. The efficiency unit that we stayed in fit our needs. We will be going back for another stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple