“Perfect for a family vacation”

Cabana Shores Hotel
Ranked #71 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Corbin, KY
“Perfect for a family vacation”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed in an ocean front efficiency room. The view is outstanding. The beach was great. You could look up and down the strand and see the people packed on the beach like sardines in front of the other resorts. The hotel is located in a quiet, much less crowded area. You can still be at all the attractions in minutes. The room was very clean. I did my mandatory hotel bed bug inspection, the underside of the mattresses were spotless. Some things were a little dated. But, the pool is nice, the AC cold, the location perfect. I plan to stay there again. My only complaint was that the wifi was pretty sketchy. Well worth the money.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Travelin_RN010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My daughter and I were going to go to Myrtle Beach and we booked a room here on Orbit. I called several days later to confirm my reservation (which I always do anytime I book with a 3rd party). The man on the phone was very rude like I had done something very wrong, apparently you MUST put down a deposit for your reservation, which was not mentioned when I booked. In fact it said 0.00 due at booking in my confirmation email. I called back and paid the deposit which I was told would be $99.00.

The day we left my car (which I have successfully driven all over the US) had a bearing go out and nearly killed us on the highway. After finding out at the shop we had been towed to that it would be the next day before they could look at the car I called the hotel. Again a very rude man answers and after explaining to him my situation he told me I had lost my deposit and they would not hold my reservation for the next day either.

After reviewing my bank records I was not charged the $99.00 deposit I was charged fully for the room taxes and all, when even the confirmation email said I had only been charged $99.00

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank MrsMalzahn
North Carolina
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay, we were in the deluxe suite which has two bedrooms each with a queen bed and a sleeper sofa in the living room, and a kitchenette. The room was spacious and clean. The beaches are uncrowded, which was a plus for us. The hotel is located in a quiet area without all the crowds. This hotel is great if you are looking for a good value and quiet location.

Room Tip: Book in advance for oceanfront rooms, they fill up quickly. Side view rooms still offer a nice view...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank crinkles86
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I liked this place a lot. It was everything that a family could ask for. Location. On the beach, quiet and private neighborhood. Beach access was great. The room was clean and had a great view from balcony. The only negative was the upcharge at check in. I booked on cheap tickets.com, I precisely indicated that 3 adults and two children were staying. One child was 3 and the other 7. The deskclerk (male) said " I will have to charge 10$ additional for extra guest" ...what extra guest was he talking about? I guess I got to good of a deal and he took it upon himself to get the extra charge which cost me 30$ more. I still got a great deal and would stay again but next time I would argue about the upcharge. Still a fantastic family vacation for those on a budget!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Dan E
Leburn, Kentucky
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is one of the smaller hotels but it's very clean. It's in a residential section so it's very quite. Prices are very reasonable compared to the bigger resort hotels. You do have to cross a two lane road in order to get to the beach but it is ocean front with great views of the ocean. Rooms are clean and they offer a variety of room options; ocean front, ocean front efficiency, suites, and ocean views.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Paula A
Milford
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Family vacation. Had a kitchenette and also rented the deluxe suite for the rest of the family. Wonderful stay. The view is just what we wanted. Clean and comfortable. Love this place. Our go to place when we are in the area. No reason to stay any where else. Thank you to the owners and staff of Cabana Shores!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Rhonda B
Wilmington
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband and I booked this hotel because it was away from the busy attractions. The staff was great and the hotel as clean, somewhat updated and right on the beach. My only issues are:
1) The mattress' are old and sank down in the center which made my back hurt so bad I was in tears.
2) The front desk wasn't covered 24 hours so if you had a issue you were out of luck
3) The building is concrete however the young kids in the room above us made so much noise it sounded like they were bowling on the floor and this went on till after 11:00 pm. They also woke us up at 3:30 am yelling in the hallways.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple