“Quiet Hotel in Myrtle Beach” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cabana Shores Hotel

Cabana Shores Hotel
Ranked #87 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Streatley
“Quiet Hotel in Myrtle Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Enjoyed our first stay at Cabana Shores. It was perfect for two of us to include a small kitchen and balcony overlooking the ocean. These are privately owned suites and located in a quiet neighborhood in Myrtle Beach. Staff was helpful with restaurant recommendations. Thoroughly enjoyed Aspen Grille, only 5 minute drive from our hotel. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the top floors with an ocean view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Charlotte
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

The room was decently clean, except in the bathroom there was a disgusting black substance on the floor beside the bath tub. Looks like the grout was never sealed. The worst part was that on the first day our toilet stopped up. We called the front desk and the clerk dropped off a plunger. Didn't send anyone to plunge it, just dropped it off. The second day, we called again and the same clerk tried to plunge it himself. With no luck, he said he would have the maintenance guy look at it the next day. The next day the maintenance guy tried plunging it, but still to no avail. He said since we were checking out the next day, he would remove the toilet the next day after we leave and fix it. We had to go from the fourth floor to the lobby every time we had to use the bathroom. No apology, no offer to switch rooms, no solution and definitely no chance of trying to offer a discount on a future stay or anything.,

Room Tip: This hotel is across the street from the beach, so you have to walk.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay at Cabana Shores! The hotel may be older but was very clean! The beach was perfect! The pool was clean, easy parking, and the view of the ocean was beautiful. Yes, you have to walk across the street to the beach but it beats the crowds up near the Boardwalk! Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

It was a wonderful spot on the beach. It was quiet and relaxing time. It also was close to all the attractions when we wanted to go to see the sites. The beach was not crowded like just down the road usually is. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BATTLE864 .
Corbin, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed in an ocean front efficiency room. The view is outstanding. The beach was great. You could look up and down the strand and see the people packed on the beach like sardines in front of the other resorts. The hotel is located in a quiet, much less crowded area. You can still be at all the attractions in minutes. The room was very clean. I did my mandatory hotel bed bug inspection, the underside of the mattresses were spotless. Some things were a little dated. But, the pool is nice, the AC cold, the location perfect. I plan to stay there again. My only complaint was that the wifi was pretty sketchy. Well worth the money.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Travelin_RN010
Asheville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

My daughter and I were going to go to Myrtle Beach and we booked a room here on Orbit. I called several days later to confirm my reservation (which I always do anytime I book with a 3rd party). The man on the phone was very rude like I had done something very wrong, apparently you MUST put down a deposit for your reservation, which was not mentioned when I booked. In fact it said 0.00 due at booking in my confirmation email. I called back and paid the deposit which I was told would be $99.00.

The day we left my car (which I have successfully driven all over the US) had a bearing go out and nearly killed us on the highway. After finding out at the shop we had been towed to that it would be the next day before they could look at the car I called the hotel. Again a very rude man answers and after explaining to him my situation he told me I had lost my deposit and they would not hold my reservation for the next day either.

After reviewing my bank records I was not charged the $99.00 deposit I was charged fully for the room taxes and all, when even the confirmation email said I had only been charged $99.00

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank MrsMalzahn

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay, we were in the deluxe suite which has two bedrooms each with a queen bed and a sleeper sofa in the living room, and a kitchenette. The room was spacious and clean. The beaches are uncrowded, which was a plus for us. The hotel is located in a quiet area without all the crowds. This hotel is great if you are looking for a good value and quiet location.

Room Tip: Book in advance for oceanfront rooms, they fill up quickly. Side view rooms still offer a nice view...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family