“Comfortable room, great location, some nice amenities, and good customer service”
Review of Roxanne Towers

We can't find prices for this hotel
Roxanne Towers
Ranked #24 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
North Carolina
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I recently got to spend a 3 day weekend at Myrtle Beach with one of my sisters and my 15 year old niece and 17 year old nephew. We stayed at the Roxanne Towers on North Ocean Boulevard, which is an excellent location. All rooms are oceanfront and it's just a couple of blocks from the boardwalk.

There is a limited amount of parking in front of the hotel and a few tight spaces underneath, next to the pool area. Additional parking is in the lot directly across the street, which I did have to use one night, but that was no problem. The check in process was friendly and efficient. They didn't mind giving us 4 key cards, and they also gave us 4 wristbands to wear (or at least keep with you) in the pool area. They have luggage carts to help you haul your gear, and two elevators to serve about 70 rooms. (The only day we had to wait for an elevator was Sunday morning, when lots of other people were checking out too, but that's to be expected.)

We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo. One BR had 2 queen beds, one BR had a king bed and it's own bathroom, and the living room had a sleeper sofa, upholstered chair, end table and coffee table. We had been told that it would have a Murphy bed that pulled down from the wall too. It didn't, but we had enough beds without that. (The units are apparently independently owned, so there are some small differences between units.) The hall bathroom had another door to the 2nd bedroom, making it easier to share. The master bedroom closet had a safe for securing valuables, but we never felt the need to use it.

There was a full kitchen with range, fridge/freezer with ice maker, microwave, double sink, dishwasher and a nice assortment of dishes, utensils, and some cookware. There was a toaster and coffee maker on the counter. (No coffee packets or filters were included, but there was a coffee pot in the small hotel lobby with free coffee and "to go" cups each morning.)

Our unit had a round table and 4 chairs in the living room at which we sat and ate at a few times, so we did use some of the supplied dishes and utensils. They provide you with 3 packets of dishwasher soap. There's a washer and dryer in each unit too. They don't supply the soap for the washer and we hadn't brought any, but we found the dryer very helpful for drying beach towels and swimsuits!

Both bedrooms and the LR had flat screen TVs and cable. When we checked in, the desk clerk gave us a brief tutorial about the remote control, but we never even turned on the TVs. They do offer free wifi, which worked great in the living room and master BR, but was just a bit spotty in the 2nd BR. You can find the user name and password in the ring binder located in the LR.

The LR had a 3 drawer chest which had the sleeper sofa's linens and pillows inside. My nephew found the sleeper sofa more comfortable to sleep on as a sofa than pulled out as a bed, but it wasn't long enough for a taller person to have stretched out that way. There was a closet in the hall with ample space for hanging clothes and suitcases. Each bedroom also had a good sized closet and a chest of drawers, plus a luggage rack in each, which I always appreciate.

The bathrooms looked nice and clean and the tub/shower units looked brand new. Both had a hair dryer on the wall. The shower had excellent water pressure. The bathrooms come stocked with small bottles of conditioning shampoo, body lotion, and small bars of soap. The towel supply was good for 4 people and the towels weren't huge but they were soft and absorbent. Look under the sink to find the trash can and extra toilet paper.

Our room, 401, was on the end. Not only did the king BR and the LR share the good sized OF balcony, the 2nd bedroom had a good sized window with a good view of the ocean too. The balcony was big enough for 4 chairs and a small table. In addition to the beautiful unobstructed ocean view, it overlooked the pool and lazy river, Pier 14 nearby, and you could even see the blinking lights of the Sky Wheel from the balcony too.

The housekeeping staff were friendly and did a good job. As a matter of fact, all the staff we encountered were quite friendly and helpful, and I called on them for several requests in our short stay. The first night there, we arrived at almost 9 pm and by the time we unloaded and settled in, my crew was hungry but too tired to go out. The desk clerks gave us menus for 3 different pizza delivery options and told us they like Ultimate California Pizza the best. It was a solid recommendation, because we got a deal on 2 large cheese for $20. On one we paid to add portobello mushrooms, and the pizza arrived promptly and tasted great. Later that night when my nephew had a painful earache, the desk clerk on duty looked up the address of the 24 hour Walmart for me, and the next morning gave me directions to the closest CVS with a Minute Clinic inside, where my nephew was able to see a nurse practitioner and get some antibiotic drops for his ear. Saturday night when my niece built a sandcastle until it was too dark to find her flip flops on the beach, the desk clerk loaned me a flashlight so I could go out and look for them. They also gave us good recommendations on nearby restaurants for breakfast and dinner. Perhaps most impressive of all, after we had checked out and were getting ready to pull out of our parking place, our housekeeper came all the way down from the 4th floor to return to us the cell phone charger we had left plugged into the wall. The Roxanne staff gets an A+ from me on customer service!

The hotel has a jetted hot tub, an outdoor pool and lazy river, and also a lap pool that's covered but apparently not heated in the summer. My nephew couldn't swim because of his ear infection, but my niece enjoyed the outdoor pool and lazy river. She found the indoor pool too cold, but the outdoor pool was never too crowded, even though the hotel seemed to be fully booked, so that was no big deal. Beach access is easy, just walk right through the pool area, and the hotel provides a shower to rinse off the sand when you return from the beach. There's a lifeguard on duty at the beach from about 8:30 to 4:30, and you can rent an umbrella with 2 chairs if you don't feel like lugging your own. The price has gone up from when I was last in Myrtle Beach: $35 per day.

There's no restaurant or snack bar on the hotel premises, but they do have vending machines with snacks and bottled drinks. It also looked like the front desk had a few toiletry items you could buy if you forgot anything, and just a few doors north of the hotel is a small beach wares/convenience store. There are several restaurants in easy walking distance of the Roxanne and the desk staff gave us some good recommendations. Since traffic was so heavy while we were there and crowds were big at the restaurants on King's highway, we chose to eat at the restaurants near the hotel hoping to avoid the traffic and lines. this strategy limited our choices somewhat, but I had read positive Tripadvsor reviews for a couple of them and it worked well for us. We ate at Pier 14 one evening, the Italian restaurant Sole's another evening, and had lunch at The Patio one day. All were good and I will post separate reviews of them.

The only negative aspect of our visit was one I didn't even see. My sister found a roach in the toilet in the master bathroom. She flushed it away and decided not to mention it to the hotel unless we saw any others, because she has allergies and asthma that would have been triggered if they sent someone in with bug spray while she was staying there. We saw no other evidence of any bugs at all for the rest of the stay, and this was really only a small detail in an otherwise positive hotel experience. I would cheerfully stay at the Roxanne Towers again.

Room Tip: Our 2 bedroom 2 bath unit was on the north end and even the 2nd bedroom has a window with an ocean v...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank TarHeelLady
Roxjam, Manager at Roxanne Towers, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you for your review, we appreciate the time. I remember your family and the ear ache. Somehow confusion about the Murphy wall bed; The one-bedroom units have the wall bed and sleeper sofa. The two-bedroom units do not have a wall bed. They do have a sleeper sofa in the living room. All units are basically the same. Even though there are individual owners, differences are usually some added decorative elements. We do have a problem in all of the south coastal areas which is a large bug which we call the Palmetto bug. They are notorious for coming in off balconies occasionally. We do have monthly preventive pest treatment service inside units, balconies, and the exterior lots. I am sorry you did encounter one. Hope to see you again, The Roxanne Towers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My family and I stayed here for 5 days (07/16-20) and could not have been more pleased! The front desk staff were very friendly and check in was a breeze! We booked a 2 bedroom suite which was very clean and spacious. Our view of the ocean (we were on the 10th floor) was amazing. We did have a slight problem with one of the bathrooms light fixtures and we reported it to the front desk. One of the staff members arrived within minutes of us placing the phone call. Housekeeping did a great job with supplying us with fresh towels,dishwasher soap, and maintaining the cleanliness of the room. She was also very friendly and even gave us suggestions on where to eat! Cant forget to mention the hotel being in a prime location to the boardwalk, broadway at the beach, and many other attractions (which is a big deal when traveling with small children!) Plus, there was never a problem finding parking! Overall, our staying was a great one and we would be staying at Roxanne Towers again in the future!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank culpn1
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

My step-Mom wanted to see the ocean. After my Dad passed away last September I told her we would go to Myrtle Beach.
After much searching, I decided on Roxanne Towers. Wow, this place is great! We arrived Sunday, the 14th, and were warmly welcomed at check in. When we got up to the room we were so pleased to see the accommodations were more than expected. Plenty of room for the two of us. It was great having a washer and dryer to wash beach towels and bathing suits after days on the beach. Nice having a kitchen with all the extras to cook breakfasts. The beachfront balcony was a great place to watch the fireworks on Wednesday night. Great view of Pier 14, which is close enough to walk to. In fact, the hotel is close enough to walk to a lot of entertainment.
One morning, while cooking breakfast, I opened the cupboard to get a skillet out and the glass lid slipped out and fell, broke all over the floor. I left a note for our maid that the broken lid was in the trash, to be careful. We saw Donna, our maid, before getting on the elevator and told her what happened. She said not to worry about it, that when they are told of something getting broken they would not charge us. What a relief. The cleaning staff were very kind and efficient.
My only concern is the pool opens at 9 am and guests go out to the many lounge chairs and put their towels on them to save. Many of these rude and inconsiderate individuals did not show up for 2-3 hours later. I called on the 3rd day and asked about it and was told it was 1st come,1st serve, but no saving. Management should tell them no saving, not another guest.
We had a great time in a great hotel and will surely be back next year!
Thank you to all at Roxanne Towers!

Stayed July 2013
Roxjam, General Manager at Roxanne Towers, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for your review, We are sorry to hear of the loss of your father and the circumstances of ending up here in Myrtle Beach. We hope it gave you some new memories and we look forward to seeing you both again. Yes, sadly there are rude visitors of all types, not just reserving chairs which we often remove towels etc. if placed before 9am. but also those that keep luggage carts in their units until we find them so others can't use them and I could go on, but the majority of our guests do have common courtesy such as you and thank you again. The Roxanne Towers
Forest Hill, Maryland
Reviewed 19 July 2013

2 bedroom unit has plenty of room for family of 4 with 2 bathrooms and washer/dryer and nicely equipped kitchen. Enjoyed our stay. Location is within walking distance to many attractions and very close driving distance to Broadway at the Beach. Everyone was nice with the exception of the white haired guy that worked the night shift..never acknowledged you or said hello and wouldn't even look up so you could say hello to him which seems rude. My teen kids even noticed. As mentioned, everyone else was pleasant and helpful when we had questions regarding the area and things to do. Would definitely stay again. Downside is no fitness center..but boardwalk is 2 blks. away so you can walk or jog.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Roxjam, Front Office Manager at Roxanne Towers, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Roxanne Towers. Our auditor is usually outgoing and very friendly and could have been concentrating on his audit which is very time consuming and at times can take all your concentration . I am sure he did not intend to ignore you when you walked by. If he did he sure did not do it intentionally. He is also great for patrolling the property and many items not even in his job description. We enjoyed having you and hope to see you again. Plenty more to see in Myrtle Beach and we will be glad to share info. Thanks Again, Roxanne Towers
Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 July 2013

There is nothing bad to say about this hotel. Perfect Location, Nice Rooms, Plenty of Parking, affordable. I stay there everytime I go to Myrtle and I love it. You can walk to town or to eat. Just a couple of blocks from the boardwalk or a couple minutes drive from broadway at the beach.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suites are the best. Lots of room and 2 bathrooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Marian W
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

Walking distance to Skywheel, Ripleys museum, haunted house. Boardwalk can be seen from balcony. Loved it here. Did not go in pool or onto beach since the freak cold weather on this trip. Will stay here again

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank owlet12
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The Roxanne is a great hotel for those wishing to relax along the oceanfront. I recommend the 2-bedroom suite. Great accommodations for 2 adults and 2 kids. The kitchen allowed us to cook some of our meals to save some time and money (we still splurged out at Murrell's Inlet at night). It's location--on 16th Ave.--gives it a location close to the action, but quiet in the evenings.

The staff was very helpful. Our smoke alarm was chirping and they came immediately to change the battery. The maid staff was very accommodating and waited until we left for the day to clean. Parking was plentiful (and I can't say that for a lot of MB hotels). The pools were open til 10 p.m. which made for a relaxing swim after sunset.
The only negative was that there was no coffee in the room, but there was plenty of free coffee in the lobby. The Roxanne is a great "home base" for families on the go. We will definitely stay at the Roxanne when we return to Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: The ocean front 2 bedroom suite is a great value with an awesome view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family