“Great stay at beach”
Review of Roxanne Towers

We can't find prices for this hotel
Roxanne Towers
Ranked #24 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
richland sc
“Great stay at beach”
Reviewed 20 April 2010

I will stay here again. Staff was very helpful and friendly

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank beckybeatty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
COLUMBUS
Reviewed 11 April 2010

I went to mrytle Beach for my daughter and her 2 friends who are all 18 spring Break. They are good girls and it was a reward for my daughter who works hard in school. I picked out Roxanne Towers due to the reviews and rating. There is a lady named Jeannie I talked to who was so nice and she said if there was a room available before 3:00(check-in) I most certinately can check-in early. When I got there a man said I could not check-in early and when I told him what jeannie said-He replied more than once"Jeannie is in trouble and she shouldn't have said that. Well there went the reviews on how friendly the place was. When I did check in (and I have to say they DID let me check in early) and told him the ages of the kids-the same man said"Are you going to stay with them?" I said of course I am and I told him the girls were good kids and he repeated more than once "That is what they all say" I was not getting good vibes at all for this place and NO ONe so far was friendly. Anyhow-2 bedroom rooms are spacious but my place the carpet was very worn and furniture was cheap(a dresser drawer fell out when I opened it and cut my toe pretty bad). The bed had a foam thing on it to make it more comfortable I suppose-it was alright but for being ranked #7 I expected better quality. We stayed in Ft. Myers at Pink Shell Resort which was rated about the same and it was"top of the line" in everything(including friendliness). The head ladies for house keeping were very nice but I had alot of trouble with the workers. I usually tip big because they have the hardest job and so when I asked my first maid if she would have my room all week(she was nice) she said yes so after one night of staying, I gave her $20. but she would ask me"do I want the beds made" and do I want it vacummed-like I had to tell her what I wanted done. The next day I wasn't up in the room and the girls said she came up and wanted to know if we needed anything-left some towels -didn't empty trash, make beds or run the sweeper. Now I don't know-maybe the teens came off wrong-but she could have at least empty the trash so I called down and asked if I could use the sweeper and have some trash bags and did it myself .Unfortunately she was only our maid for 2 days-not the whole time we were there like she said she would be. Then the next day we got this cleaning lady that was unbelievable!! I walked up to my room after spending all day at the State Park and I forgot my keycard but noticed room was open and saw the maid. She said I can't let you in there-how do I know this is your place and went on and on. I just decided to walk back down to get my card and then she let me in and said she had called her supervisor because she couldn't clean the place and was really talking loud and negitive. Yes-I had 3 teenager girls in the one room who all probly packed enough for 10 nights and they had there clothes everywhere. I told her she did not have to clean their room-and the rest of the place was fine because I had cleaned it,done the dishes,vacummed,emptied trash,etc. The supervisor who was very nice and apologetic came up to the room and the maid was still argumentive and loud--just what I save my money for when I go on vacation-Ha. Oh well-. There are some nice workers there-but not enough-and front desk should NOT have that man work up there-Whatever-I just thought you all should know-it is not rated#7 in my book--BUT-good location and room size and everything is great. If you have small kids and use the pool-there is NO bathroom anywhere so you have to go back upstairs to your own room to pee. Despite all this for the value and location-I would recommed it -they just need to work on "people skills" . I know from reading review from this place thatr they respond to the comments but I will not go back there because only a few were friendly

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank jedpenny2
Roxjam, Property Manager at Roxanne Towers, responded to this review, 13 April 2010
This party did arrive last week when we were running at high and very busy occupancy levels. Housekeeping not only has to clean rooms after check out but also the head housekeeper has to check and release them. This is why we guarantee the rooms for 3pm. The party arrived very early and was checked into their unit early during a very hectic day. The party did not want service the next day. On the following day, the room was in quite a disarray and the housekeeper was upset and nonprofessional. I discussed the situation with the housekeeper and her attitude even though the guest did not want me to. She told me the teenagers had things everywhere and the room was not in order. The guest and I had the conversation in the office. I insisted that the housekeepers behavior was not appropriate and we would take care of it. She did not have any complaints to me. At check in especially during Spring Break we always ask if the parent or guardian is staying on property because it does happen that they are left and evicted. We have an age restriction for our homeowners condos. It was asked and explained in a polite and informative manner as I watched the video. The party did not make any of these comments to me at check out as I actually told them good bye and I saw nothing to indicate she was unhappy with her stay. We do wish them the best for their future trips to Myrtle Beach. Sincerely, Property Manager
Ottawa
Reviewed 27 March 2010

This was our second stay at the Roxanne Towers. With family and friends we had 3 rooms, everyone was pleased. We appreciate the whole building is non-smoking, this seems to be unique; it appears the units are condominiums, not time-share, so non-smoking can be enforced among owners & renters. It was a one-bedroom unit this time, next to 2-bedroom end unit - we did miss the extra linen closet in bathroom - that seems to be only in the middle units, e.g. 503, 504. It's quiet even with the classic cars cruising by on Ocean Blvd. The Roxanne is right on the beach, it's nice to open balcony door and listen to the surf. It's a good location, easy walk to Chapin Park, a basic grocery, Churches, restaurants (Olive Garden 2 blocks walk). The lazy river was heated this year, very pleasant on a sunny day. The wired internet works fine, and wired is more secure than wireless - if they ever install wireless, we hope they keep the wired working. There is interesting major construction further south, between the piers, looks like there will be a 1-mile boardwalk, with lots of new palmetto trees planted in built-up sand dunes, so visitors can choose a walk on beach or boardwalk, maybe by this summer.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank OccasionalSnowbird
ontario
Reviewed 25 March 2010

We stayed at Roxanne Towers for 5 nights, and had a wonderful stay. Our rooms were very clean with a spacious balcony overlooking the beach. When we arrived, the front desk clerk advised us that our room was now on sale for 20% less that what we had booked it for - who does that??!! We hadn't even asked for a lower rate! So we felt we got excellent value. Overall it surpassed our expectations and we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank bjpOntario
King, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 February 2010

My wife and I returned yesterday from our Valentines @ Myrtle Beach. It snowed while we were there to make the trip outstanding! Covered the beach in about 2-3 inches! We stayed at the Roxanne on the top floor in penthouse 4, it was a one bedroom/one bath condo. It was a beautiful room. We had a great king sized bed that was very comfy. Slept really good those 3 nights. The Kitchen was large with very up to date appliances. The living room was very nice with a fold down murphy bed and a couch with a bed. The balcony ran the entire length of the room which was great. The room did have high speed internet, but it was not wireless so I had to keep the computer near the hookup which was in the TV cabinet. I would recommend the hotel catch up with others and switch to wi-fi. They have an indoor pool which is kind of small but serves its purpose. Also, there is limited parking at this hotel, but there was another lot across the road from the hotel. The staff at the hotel was very professional and very pleasant to deal with. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place to have a vacation!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank pitbulllover88
Gastonia, NC
Reviewed 31 January 2010

My daughter and I & 3 yr. old granddaughter stayed the week of Jan. 16th. The staff that we had contact with was the most helpful we have had in a long time! From Patti who helped w/the reservations to checking us in & out; to Trey who helped us w/our computer & DVD player, the front office staff could not have been any better. Our 2 room attendants, Rita & Ann were in & out, did an excellant job AND spoke English! The hotel was clean and everything worked! The location is very central if you want to park & walk to the pavillion or pier. The pool situaution was fine for now and in the warm weather w/the outdoor pools it would be even better. However I do wish the hottub was enclosed also.
We will be returing in March and probably will stay here again. If not on this trip @ a later time when the little ones will not be coming. They prefer more of the indoor waterpark, I prefer the opposite! Having a washer & dryer is the best thing that happened to a family on vacation! bpd from Gastonia, NC

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank BessieMaeMucho
charlotte,NC
Reviewed 17 November 2009

I went to Myrtle Beach with a group of friends and we stayed at the Roxanne. We all loved this place!! It was right on the beach, within walking distance to everything and the staff was extremely helpful and nice. Our group was larger then we expected so we needed another room and they immediately made us another reservation.
I would highly reccommend this hotel to my family and friends and we all plan on booking at this hotel when we go back to myrtle beach!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends