“Like myself, Carolina Roadhouse was just a bit tired.”
Review of Carolina Roadhouse

Carolina Roadhouse
Ranked #27 of 894 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Golf Magazine’s choice for “where to eat with your buddies”; here you’ll enjoy “fall-off-the-bone” baby back ribs, giant seafood platters, award winning salads and the outrageous "Killer Dog" – a foot-long hot dog smothered in chili, cheese and fries. This large lively eatery features a wide-open show kitchen and wrap-around bar that is jam-packed with creative cocktails, wines and beer. Located on the Grand Strand’s north side- North Kings Hwy between 38th & 48th Ave.
Crisfield, Maryland
“Like myself, Carolina Roadhouse was just a bit tired.”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My 1st trip to Carolina Roadhouse in 5 years; my wife and I were a little worn down from our 9 hour ride, so I knew a great steakhouse in Myrtle Beach available to us that needed no research.
We were both a little disappointed with our experience. While the steak's appearance was fine, as was the temperature, the lack of flavor and seasoning was a let down. Even our baked potato lacked pizazz. I'll chalk it up as a "tired night" for the kitchen as well as the clientele. We love the ambience and décor and we'll return a bit refreshed on our next visit.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank dug56

Hamilton
“Awesome Ribs!!!!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This was our 4th visit. Food was great. They were very busy on a Saturday night but we got seating for 5 in 20 minutes. Have the ribs. The meat falls off the bones. They were incredible. Side orders were tasty too. We'll be back!

4 Thank FNIGUY
Windsor, Canada
“A Good Time”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Good food. Good atmosphere. Very good service. Fair prices for fair proportions. A family setting with an upbeat mood. Lots of parking out back. Nothing but good things to say about this place.

2 Thank Rick K
Nicholasville, Kentucky
“It was okay”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We weren't overly impressed with Carolina Roadhouse. It was okay, very comparable to Copper River Grill where we live. Over priced, okay food, okay service. The mashed potatoes were really good, but the steak was just okay. Big portions on the appetizers. The waiter brought my huband's food out before everyone elses, which he specifically asked them not to do (he ordered an appetizer as his entree), and the waiter acted like he was offended when my husband reminded him that he had asked to have it brought out with the other meals.

We ate, got to go boxes, left. Got to the hotel, went to warm up the food for a later night snack. On the chicken wings that the 10 year old in our party got, I saw it. A 3 inch long, deep friend chicken feather. attached to the wing still. Pretty gross. I brought it to his mom, she showed it to his dad, his dad calls to tell them, and they want to send him something in the mail. ??? We don't have this restaurant where we live, and we don't plan on coming back to Carolina Roadhouse, so what is he supposed to do with whatever they send him? It would have made much more sense to just refund him the money on the kids meal, since they looked up his receipt and knew he had paid with a credit card. Still have the feather. Suppose he will mail it back them along with their 'apology', whenever that comes in the mail?

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Lisa R
CA_Centraarchy, Public Relations Manager at Carolina Roadhouse, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your recent dining experience.Contrary to most restaurants, we serve fresh, never frozen food, and lead the industry in combining premium ingredients at an incredible value. Thank you for your comments and patronage.
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Love Carolina Roadhouse”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Whenever I'm in Myrtle Beach, this is my go to restaurant. I hadn't been in the area for 3-4 years so this was going to be a test to see if it was good as I remember. It didn't disappoint. I had the Steak Medallions and they were delicious, tender and cooked to perfection. The salad and honey buttered croissants are the best in the area. My travelling companion agrees they have some of the best steaks he's ever eaten for the price. If you're in Myrtle Beach, make sure you stop here for Lunch or Dinner. You can call ahead for seating so that is definitely a plus.

3 Thank MZVikkee