“Myrtle Beach must go”

Carolina Roadhouse
Ranked #22 of 870 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Golf Magazine’s choice for “where to eat with your buddies”; here you’ll enjoy “fall-off-the-bone” baby back ribs, giant seafood platters, award winning salads and the outrageous "Killer Dog" – a foot-long hot dog smothered in chili, cheese and fries. This large lively eatery features a wide-open show kitchen and wrap-around bar that is jam-packed with creative cocktails, wines and beer. Located on the Grand Strand’s north side- North Kings Hwy between 38th & 48th Ave.
Media, PA
“Myrtle Beach must go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Whenever I visit Myrtle Beach or have friends/family take a trip there, I always recommend Carolina Roadhouse. Yeah, there is always a wait-& for good reason...the food is bangin' (really good).
My family of 5 took my wife's sister and her two teenage kids to their first visit ever to CR. My niece ordered the chicken gumbo, which she said was good but a little spicy. Three of the kids had baked potato soup, which they devoured and my youngest teenage daughter had the wings appetizer, which weren't fried in buffalo sauce but had a good tasting run on them with buffalo sauce to dip.
Four of us got the house salad- lettuce with chopped egg, crumbled bacon, I think almonds or walnuts and chopped tomatoes....SOO good. And the house salad came with an almost hot croissant which made the kids fight over them. Two of us had the Caesar salad, which reportedly was awesome.
As for the entrees, three of us got the Danish baby back ribs- so fall off the bone good and tasty; my sister in law had the NY strip which was delicious, juicy and thoroughly enjoyed; my wife had the fried shrimp and loved it; and my niece had the salmon salad, and she loved it as well.
Even though we were full, two orders of NY cheesecake and the chocolate mouse cake was ordered for dessert. The chocolate cake is a chocolate lovers dream and the cheesecake was good but I would have preferred a smaller piece with some fruit.
Our server Capri was absolutely AWESOME and always, always, always had the biggest smile on her face. She never seemed unnerved, frustrated or inconvenienced with our large table or our orders. She was tremendous and I definitely recommend getting her as a server for your table.
We did call ahead seating and had to wait an additional 35 minutes past the time we chose, but the staff is so organized and friendly and our wait seemed rather short, especially with all the other people waiting for a table.
This place to eat is my absolute favorite place in Myrtle Beach and probably everywhere else. Just the best food. You gotta go- if you haven't tried it yet and if you have, you gotta go back!!!

1 Thank sambenina

robinson twp ,pa
“Awesome sticky buns”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Call ahead so you won't have to wait long. The beef pulled platter was great tasting and the fried pork chop was equally good. The ribs were above average and the salads were fresh. The sweet tea is my favorite.

Athens, Alabama
“Excellent food and good service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our entrees for a party of 7 consisted of a 10oz filet mignon, shrimp evil jungle prince, big BBQ sandwich, killer dog, seafood po boy, large shrimp and 12oz prime rib. Sides included salads, fries, onion rings, croissants and baked potatoes.Specialty drinks were pina colodas made with ice cream, I hate generalities but the simple truth is every one thoroughly enjoyed everything served. The filet mignon was perfectly cooked in the "Pittsburgh" style with a nice lightly charred outer crust. The prime rib was juicy and tender and perfectly cooked. The killer dog was a foot-long piled high with fries, chili, cheese and onions. The shrimp evil jungle prince was a shrimp etouffee dish. The seafood po boy was loaded with fresh flounder and served with a side of creamed spinach. The large shrimp were lightly breaded and cooked to perfection. The big BBQ sandwich was piled high with moist and tender BBQ pork. The fresh from the oven croissants brushed with honey butter were to die for. The large, thick sliced onion rings were lightly breaded and fried to perfection. The pina coladas, made with vanilla ice cream, were thick and creamy as a pina colada should be. Service was very good yet I suspect the wait staff is stretched to their limits. Carolina Roadhouse is now on our list of places to visit regularly.

• Visited July 2014
Chicago
“Had higher expectations for this... Disappointed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We were looking for a nice place to have an early dinner for a family member's birthday while we're on vacation. After hearing good reviews from both locals and fellow tourists, we made reservations here. We made a reservation for 10 adults and 3 children. When we got there, the hostess took us to our tables... Yes tables as in more than one. We were seated at one table for 6 and then an elevated table for 4. There weren't even enough seats for the kids in booster seats and they didn't have the high chair set up as requested. Immediately I asked the hostess why we were given seperate tables even after we made reservations, and with a snotty attitude said that it's restaurant policy that they don't have to necessarily give us tables together. It was extremely disappointing especially when we asked if there was any way we could move tables together and they refused. It was very awkward and uncomfortable for our party.

In addition to the poor service, we were not impressed at all with the food, especially for the high price. I ordered a burger well done and it came out with pink spots. It was edible and not a huge issue so I figured I wouldn't send it back because it would be a while to get another burger. Also, the waitress was very nice and polite but before we even got our food, we watched her spill food on a woman sitting at another table. And when she was clearing off our table, she dropped a knife and if I hadn't reacted, it would have fallen on my foot which could have been very bad.

It wasn't a downright horrible experience, but definitely was disappointed with the service and food.

• Visited July 2014
New Albany, Ohio
“Pretty good, long wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Was quoted 60 minutes to wait, it ended up being 95. I overheard the hostesses telling someone they had a lot of people lingering after eating.

However, once we were seated, the meal was excellent. Chili cheese fries were huge - ate with a fork and the two of us barely finished! We split a double rack of ribs and had to take half home (a delicious late nite snack).

All in all, I recommend this place, though be prepared to wait (order your app at the bar!)