“Great beack”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great beack”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Great beach with a great view, the pier was very nice. The water temp was perfect. I do not get the policy of no umbrellas on their side but oh well.

Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Loved this place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

The Beach:
I absolutely loved the beach here. It is more natural than places where you have hotels and buildings. It is nice to look behind you and see only the dunes and Sea Oats. The beach was clean and spacious. The pier was a nice sight. The boardwalks were nice and each had a shower to rinse off sand. The bathrooms at the beach were clean and the changing stalls were plentiful. There were tons of picnic tables and a couple of playgrounds near the beach. If you get there before 10:30 am, you can park very close to the boardwalks.

The Campground:
Norm checked us in and he was very friendly. Thanks, Norm! Our spot was great. It was very spacious and had a picnic table and fire pit with a grate which could be used for grilling if you wanted to. I am new to camping and next time I would pick a spot closer to the restrooms since I was camping in a tent. The laundry facilities were nice to have, as we saw quite a bit of rain the first few days and without the laundry, our clothing would have become mildewed and stinky. I think the washer was $1.25 and the dryer was $1.50 or both were $1.50 (I can't remember) and that is quarters only. The bathrooms left a bit to be desired. We did have a lot of rain and due to that, the floors stayed very dirty with mud and sand for many days. I'm not sure if the restrooms got cleaned once a day, or once every other day, but in the event of rain, they really should be checked more often. I also noted that in the restroom closest the the camp store, there seemed to be no barrier from the shower water into the main part of the restroom and you had to slip and slide your way back out through a huge puddle of disgusting water. Not only was this dirty, I felt it was very unsafe. As for the cleaning of the restrooms, I think they could do a much better job. It wouldn't take that long to run a cleaning tool up the sides of the walls to knock down cob webs, nor would it take much effort to remove the mildew that had taken root below one of the hand dryers. A little more effort would have removed the mud that had splashed up the sides of the walls and a more frequent check of the facilities would have prevented there being no hand soap for nearly a day and would have helped with the mud situation. I know that it is a camping restroom facility, but with a little more effort and more attention to detail, it could have been a much nicer experience. The beach and other facilities were so nice that he restrooms would not keep me from coming back.

The Camp Store:
The camp store was very nice to have. They have ice, snacks, and tons of "essentials" for your stay.

The Area:
The park is very close to several grocery stores and 1,000 beach chair and towel shops.

There are plenty of restaurants around and I highly, highly recommend the following:

Russell's Seafood Grill
(http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54358-d1459171-Reviews-Russell_s_Seafood_Grill-Murrells_Inlet_South_Carolina.html),

The Grilled Cheese and Crabcake Company
(http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54242-d3631567-Reviews-Grilled_Cheese_Crab_Cake_Co-Garden_City_Beach_South_Carolina.html), and

Atlas Tap House
(http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54359-d6536422-Reviews-Atlas_Tap_House-Myrtle_Beach_South_Carolina.html).

2 Thank Sarah45013
Tuxedo Park, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice pier”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Loved the gift shop, and the great photos I got with the family with the pier in the background. It was so nice to just walk the pier. Short but fun..worth the 7bucks to get in.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Breathtaking Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I love coming to Myrtle Beach and this was my Husband's and my first time camping here. We are so pleased we chose to stay at the state park. The experience was amazing, and the beach was only a few minute walk away. We stayed in circle 3 which was nice and quiet. Great shady site, it cooled down quite a bit at night. The bathrooms there didn't seem to be used as much as the others which I liked. The only thing about the bathroom was a light that was out above the mirror as well as an outlet that didn't work so it was only a minor issue. Staff was very friendly the whole time. We brought our dog with us and she seemed to love every minute. There were lots of other dogs at the campgrounds and it was great to be able to take her to the beach during certain hours. My favorite thing was and the main reason we come here was the beach. It was absolutely beautiful. The staff did a great job keeping it clean. The sand was soft and white. The water was relaxing. We even woke up early to see a few sun rises. The beach is large and compared to most it was not over crowded. Another perk of staying here was you are close to many attractions and shopping. Also, with the camping pass you are able to get in Hunting beach state park, a great day trip! Even though I felt that beach was much more crowded. So all in all a wonderful vacation with my Husband and our dog!!! The worst part was leaving to go home. Thank you to the staff for all you do :)

4 Thank Jennifer K
New Boston, Texas, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Big Rigs Beware”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Arrived here on a Friday afternoon with a reservation. Camping in a 5th wheel and truck. the staff was very nice told me how to find my site. ooops no way my rig will fit in this site, back to the office and they are very helpful, direct me to another site, same problem. When I get back to the office I talk to the manager and she could not have been more helpful. She was able to refund almost the entire fee, the campground is very compact and not alot of room to get around. the sites and roads are not paved and were sand. I didnt get to see the beach or the pier so I cannot comment on them.

1 Thank Frank W