“BEST HOTEL ON THE BEACH!”
Review of Windsurfer Hotel

Windsurfer Hotel
Ranked #59 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I have been staying at the Winsurfer for over 25 years and have never had a bad experience. Cynthia, the General Manager goes out of her way to please each and every guest that stays there. I know the owner personally and know that he is on the property daily to make sure everything is right! If you want a nice clean hotel directly on the beach with great "Southern Hospitality, then you cannot go wrong with the Windsurfer. I would not stay anywhere else. I took my new bride there for the first time and she was throughly impressed!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 August 2011

One of the reasons I chose this hotel was the great reviews it got on Tripadvisor, but I did not think it lived up to my expectations. I'll start with the positives:

1) excellent location: We wanted to be near the 2nd Avenue Pier so my son could fish and it is literally right next door. It is also within walking distance of many attractions, such as water parks, mini golf and shopping. The boardwalk begins at the hotel. We also had a wonderful view of the fireworks that were shot off the 2nd Avenue Pier.
2) The pools were nice, especially the one directly behind the office because it stayed warmer. The one behind the office is a nice size pool. The ocean front pool is small, but nice with a small kids splashing area. There is also an indoor pool and hot tub.
3) The beach on the north side of the 2nd Avenue Pier (which is where the Windsurfer is located) is less crowded than the beach on the south side.
4) Staff did attempt to correct the problems we encountered and the cleaning crew did a good job.
5) The beds were comfortable and the wall bed in the living room was nice.

Now for the negatives:
1) We stayed in a suite and it was a bit run down. The bath tub and sink looked dirty, but were actually just scuffed up and old. It could definitely use some updating.
2) Around the 3rd day our curtain that covered the windows looking over the ocean just fell for no reason! This happened late in the afternoon, so there was no maintanence man available to repair it until the next day. We had to ask to have something to cover it and the guy from the front desk did come and hang some blankets for us. (He was nice and apologetic).
3) Parking was frustrating. If you don't get one of the few parking spaces you have to park across the street. It's not very far, but it's just annoying.
4) We made better than expected driving time, so we considered arriving a day early, but were told that the rooms had minimum stays. So basically they had rooms that were empty and they chose to turn down one night's rent on the room. The staff that I spoke to on the phone did not make much of an attempt to answer my questions. They were short with me and not helpful. We ended up staying at a nice and very friendly hotel just outside Myrtle Beach and driving in the next morning. Again, we arrived in Myrtle Beach ealier than expected, but were not able to check in to our room until 3:00 pm. It would have been nice if our room could have been readied earlier since they were aware that we were waiting.

Overall I guess the positives and negatives balanced each other out. If I return to Myrtle Beach (which I probably will because my family and I loved it!) , I will choose another hotel. I would probably spend a little more for a nicer hotel with more amenities, but overall it met our needs as a family.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view, but it's worth it to get the suite for the extra room. Suites also...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Rooms were as advertised, housekeeping staff was great and did anything asked and the convience of the pools, beach, and the front desk personnel was great! Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: I suggest the suite. It has 2 queen beds, full kitchen w/ bath and a living room area with a full s...
4  Thank footballmom22
billfishmi, Public Relations Manager at Windsurfer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2011

First of All, Thank You for your review.

We are a smaller, quaint 68 unit property offering a wide variety of Oceanfront Suites.We have a indoor pool, jacuzzis and an outdoor pool. We are located DIRECTLY on the Boardwalk and right next door to the 2nd Ave. Pier. We offer clean rooms and excellent service. We would like take this time to thank everyone for their continued business and hope we can earn your business in the future. Give us a call today,

Windsurfer Hotel Staff

Reviewed 22 July 2011

This is our second trip here and still love it. The staff can't do enough for you, if you need something and they dont have it they will get it for you. The rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. If you are staying on a Wednesday night make sure you are in the room by 9:30 because the fireworks are set off and you have the best view.

4  Thank cmtlmays
Reviewed 17 July 2011

we had a handicap person with us they were very helpful went as far as taking the door off the hindges to get the wheel chair through it they bent over backwards to help. rooms clean, friendly employes, all around great place. walk to the boardwalk and amusement parks.

3  Thank redneck55251
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Windsurfer Hotel was excellant.
We couldn't have have asked for a better location for a hotel at Myrtle Beach! We where close to the Board Walk, the beach was just a few feet away, we had excellent housekeeping service, The hotel general manager,Cynthia, was extremely accomodating. My husband and I intend to come back at Christmas. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who comes to Myrtle Beach, My husband has come to this hotel for 20 years, and now I understand why. THE BEST HOSPITALLITY ON THE BEACH!!!!!,This is what the hotel business is all about, satisfying the guests!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DavidRollins2012
Reviewed 26 June 2011

The elevator hasn't been inspected since 2008. The indoor/outdoor pool was dirty around the perimeter. The maids were very nice and cleaned the room nicely. Smoking while in the pool was nasty. The fireworks from the room was wonderful. The internet didn't work.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends