“Dirty rooms”
Review of Windsurfer Hotel

Windsurfer Hotel
Ranked #52 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I have never written a review on a hotel before. I am not picky, however I do expect my room to be clean. It didn't even look like the room had been cleaned prior to our arrival, Cheeto crumbs all over the floor, every where I looked I could see dirt and crumbs on the floor. The bathtub was extremely dirty; hairs, sand, soap scum throughout the tub. It was a Jacuzzi tub and all of the jets had gunk built up in the jets...I would never had used the Jacuzzi. The couch and wall bed were absolutely disgusting. Crumbs all through the couch, never should have lifted the cushions, so much food, trash, but we did find money lol. We had our 3 year old and didn't feel comfortable with her staying there for a week...thats how dirty the place was. We would up leaving and going to another hotel, we never were offered to look at another room to keep us there and the front desk staff never even offered to show us another room to keep us there. He even admitted that the rooms didn't have the upkeep they need and needed updated. Only reason I gave the Windsurfer 2 stars is the staff was very understanding and they did say I would receive a full refund, even the 1st night deposit that I wasn't expecting. It also had a great balcony and a great view, right next to the 2nd Street pier. This was a very inconviencing experience because my parents also booked this hotel for a few less days and we won't be able to be at the same hotel. This made the vacation very disappointing since we will not be together and my 3 year old won't have the vacation along with her grandparents that we were hoping to have.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessica T

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Just came back from another wonderful 11 days at our favorite place in Myrtle Beach! Nothing changes..People are friendly, all the staff will go out of the way to make your stay perfect! Mom and Pop's Hotel and everyone knows you by name! Special thanks to the owner Tom, son, Jared and Jacob and the best front office manager on the beach, Cynthia. Maintenance guys are great also, Mike, Tommy and Devon!.. We will continue to stay there forever! New carpet and large flate screen TV's.. Next to 2nd Avenue Pier for great food and fishing!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed because it looked decent from the outside.... Wow. I was wrong. Parking was horrible. Room was DIRTY... Scared to touch the shower curtain dirty. Smelled of smoke. Broken door to room (wouldn't shut correctly). Drawer just missing from night stand... Literally missing. Carpets stained (wore shoes the entire time). Elevator takes about ten minutes each time (stair well dirty) Staff were nice. Beach view was great. Location was really the only redeeming factor.

1  Thank Msmleighs
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Came to Myrtle Beach with a pnc gift card and they couldn't get it to work kept declining it so Cynthia was awesome she took the time and patience to help me out I surely will be back and gladly stay at the windsurfer thank you so much Cynthia

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Came to Myrtle Beach with no hotel reservations and was worried about finding something oceanfront within our budget. Had read reviews of so many hotels from home it scared me to make reservations online as most had some pretty horrible reviews. Tried Windsurfer and was greeted by Andy at the front desk and with his encouragement took a chance and wasn't sorry a bit. The room was older but nice. View spectacular! Location wonderful. The beach and grounds beautiful and price extremely reasonable for everything we got. Would recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to get away and enjoy the ocean. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the windsurfer aug.9 thru the 16 it was very pleasant I didn't meet one worker that wasn't joyful or smiling and helpful the rooms were clean the beach front rooms are nice the landscaping was beautiful but there was a few things I would change (but won't keep you from enjoying your time or coming back) first the TVs are very out of date and small they need an upgrade. Two would be the bed (I liked it but the fiancée hated it)they are very stiff/hard and need more pillows one just don't cut it and three is the parking at the hotel is complicated and there is a lack of it (but there is overflow parking the next street over) but all that is out weighed by the good and seemed very minor to us we will defiantly be back next year

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stackerbill
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel because it had decent reviews for the cost and location. We did not bring the kids so we didnt need a fancy pool area. Well when we arrived in our room the bathroom looked like something from a gas station. It was a handicapped accessible room but the faucet was caulked up, no counter, the mirror was ruined. The bed looked lopsided and when we layed down we can felt all the springs, it was terrible and the worst part is I found mens underwear on the floor near the door to the balcony! !! Stains on the couch, on the carpet. They moved us to a better room. Beds were so much better, much better bathroom, but the couch is stained as well. Both tile floors have specks of paint all over even in the tub. No cups in the bathroom no hairdryer.I requested a hairdryer and it was clogged with dust. The bathroom vent and a/c units needs to be vacuumed. The whole room needed dusting bad!!! They do the bare minimum I guess. The property has alot of cigarette butts everywhere, even along the edge of the window at the hot tub, pool was always dirty. No towels at the pool. The pool area needs attention. We called several other hotels trying to switch but they all were booked. Except one over $300 a night... I toughed it out

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple