Windsurfer Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$134
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$73
  • Pool
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$88
Beach Colony Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$119
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$73
The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$81
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$72
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$96
Travelocity
US$207
US$177
Myrtle Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)
US$78
  • Pool
All reviewsmiss cynthiaavenue pierocean frontthe indoor outdoor poolour home away from homebeen coming here for yearshot tubnew appliancesacross the streetgreat view of the beachsouthern hospitalityprivate balconyrooms are cleanflat screenfull sizeamusement parkup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2010

just got back from a fantastic week in Myrtle Beach, my first time in the area in nearly 20 years. searched for a week online for a good deal, and just stumbled across the Windsurfer...and i have to say, i couldnt have been more impressed!!! first impressions are always the best, and i was definitely impressed from the start. Ms Cynthia, as youve probably read on this website, is truly a gem, makes everyone feel at home, and she certainly did the same for me. Jared was awesome as well, as was the guy who worked a lot of week nights (cant remember his name, but very nice guy). NO complaints about my room, was immaculate when i checked in. i was in room 407, end unit, had a beautiful view of the ocean, the new promenade, and 2nd ave pier. Yes, parking is a bear, but its oceanfront, what do you expect? and overflow parking is literally across the street, so its not a big deal at all. also, no idea why folks complained about the elevator, that thing moved fast, and i never waited long for it at all.

other than the parking, my only complaints would be the pool, it did get dirty at times, but it was VERY windy this past week with the two hurricanes offshore. and the pool was REALLY cold, but.....is that really something to complain about?

all in all, The Windsurfer is truly a gem of a hotel, RIGHT on the ocean, in the heart of central Myrtle Beach. you cannot beat the location, you are close to everything. wonderful staff, great price.....truly an awesome experience. as far as I am concerned, The Windsurfer has earned a lifelong customer this week, and i would gladly recommend it to anyone. Thank you Ms Cynthia, Jared, and all the staff for providing just the vacation i needed! see you next year!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank pughtm
Reviewed 30 August 2010

we have been staying at the windsurfer since about 2000 we love it everyone has became like family to us ! the pools are always clean and you can even see them cleaning them often the rooms are nice you are in a great location and the staff is the best ! go see cynthia she will fix you up she is wonderful

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2010

It was 6:am I was so tired from driving in from Roanoke Va and the staff made sure we got a room as soon as we could. We had no reservation.
The room was VERY CLEAN !!! The view was Fab 5 stars for the maids and service desk employees. I could walk right out to the beach and get lunch just a couple steps away at the pier restuarant 5 stars for them too. The $8 sandwiches are large portions...Get a free drink ticket from the guys that take your $1 to go out on the pier.
It was not in the older building. It is not perfect but to me it was wonderful and for the price it was cheap ((please OceanFront)) for less than I thought. I will be there again Sept 28 thru Oct 3 too. Because I can afford it now that i found this HOTEL. I made a video on youtube tennie1123 go watch it.
Look at the beautiful renovation the walkway has had.....

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TennieC
Reviewed 23 August 2010

We had to stay in the old building in room 309 and let me tell you it was probably the worse hotel expierence I've had especially considering it was our 1st Vacation as a Family to the beach! BOTH beds were broken and no smoke alarms, the phone didnt work, the sliding glass door was broken, the tv was scratchy, we paid $346.00 for a standard room, they said we was taking the last room they had when they had VACANCY and other ppl was coming in on a walk in and was sent to the newer building, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE seriously go next door or something unless you stay in the newer building! NO WIFI although they claim to! The pools were good, Hot Tub water was very merky! All the photos you see, are from the new building only not the little 3 story one! OH AND NO ELEVATORS EITHER we had to walk our 18 month old up and down the steps and if we wanted to use the stroller we had to carry it up or walk it to the other side of the rd where we parked!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank JDesirae
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Stayed 4 nights in room 801. The room smelled of smoke and there were cigarette burns on the sync and hot tub. Went to buy $80 in groceries with the intent of cooking the entire trip. Came back and noticed the refridgerator was not working. All our food went bad. The AC was not functioning well so it was very warm, with the exception of the bedroom which had an additional AC unit which worked great. The hotel is infested with roaches. Saw several during our stay there. When I called the office to report the refridge and the AC not working all I got was "We'll send maintenance up" very rude and blunt and no apologies for the inconvenience. Maintenance never came.

Despite all of this the location is okay. The maid service was good, and they were so friendly. One of the office guys looks just like Mel Gibson and he was really sweet and I told him the problems we had and he was sympathetic and advised he would have those issues checked into.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple