“A jewel on Ocean Blvd!”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort
Ranked #57 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Among all the old-school, run-down hotels on Ocean Boulevard, is the Holiday Inn South Beach. It provides everything that you'd expect from a full-service resort, except maybe a restaurant. There are 4 or 5 pools, a lazy river, a clubhouse with game room and billiards, organized activities, a pool bar with fun drinks, a beach club, and a marketplace with items for purchase - food, drinks, clothing, toys, etc. The grounds are well-kept and the resort is gated and felt very safe. The rooms are fantastic - clean, HUGE, and perfect for a family with kids or 2 couples/families. Two huge bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, full kitchen, living room with fireplace and DVD player, balcony, jacuzzi tub, free WiFi. Very comfortable and convenient. The only drawback is that the resort is very close to the airport. That's great for travel time - you can literally get to the airport in 5 minutes - but it also means that you can see and hear planes and helicopters taking off and landing throughout the day. I never heard them at night, so it didn't disrupt my sleep, but it was noticeable during the day. My kids were actually entertained by the planes but I found them a little annoying.

Room Tip: Stay in a room overlooking the Lagoon Pool, which is the main pool and is very pretty.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

I am so glad you found us to be a “jewel” along Ocean Boulevard. There are quite a few “old-school” hotels in the area. It sounds like you felt right at home while you were staying with us and that is outstanding! I am happy to see that you ventured to all parts of our resort and got to experience everything we had to offer. The Myrtle Beach International Airport, is actually considered to be very small, often times our guests do not notice much noise at all, but definitely in the evening everything does wind down as far as the planes and helicopters are concerned. I am glad your sleep was not impacted due to our closeness to the airport. Thank you so much for your review, I hope to see you and your family back at South Beach Resort!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

This resort provided a whole lot more than I expected. The rooms were very spacious and had a full kitchen with everything my family and I needed to feel at home. The resort is located across the street from the south end of the beach. It is a convenient walk or one could take the courtesy shuttle to the beach. I really enjoyed being away from all of the traffic and noise, however when it was time to experience the boardwalk we just drove a few blocks up and paid $6 for all day parking at 2nd Ave. My family and I are already planning next years vacation back at the Holiday Inn Club Vacations.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our resort. I am so glad you enjoyed staying with us and found our location to be a good fit for you. We cannot wait to host your trip back to Myrtle Beach next year. Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you real soon!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

This was my first trip to Myrtle Beach. I don't think I could have stayed at a better place! Resort was very clean. Loved how spacious the rooms were. The grounds are very beautiful and well kept. My children enjoyed all the activities offered at clubhouse. I love the fact that the resort is gated. This allowed my children more freedom to do things on their own. I even enjoyed the water aerobics and lazy river walk. The instructors were very knowable. I appreciated that the ocean front club had a pool. When my four year old got to hot at the beach he was able to cool off in the pool. Would recommend to everyone!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Glad to hear that your family enjoyed their vacation at South Beach Resort! Thank you for mentioning the clean room and the well-kept, beautiful, grounds. We work very hard to ensure every aspect of your vacation is enjoyable, including your drive into the resort as well as entering your building and laying by the pools. I will be sure to let the Activities team know that you enjoyed the water aerobics and lazy river walk and found them to be very knowledgeable, I am certain they will appreciate the compliment. Thank you so much for your review and the recommendation, hope to see you back!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

This vacation was amazing. We had a family reunion in Myrtle Beach, first trip ever there. We had two (2) bedroom condos and one lock off (that was a full size 1 bedroom condo) for a total of 10 people. Our trip was June 22 thru June 28. Reception area staff was very accommodating and quick, check in was a breeze, grounds staff were so friendly and my condo, which was a 2 bedroom for 5 people, was BEAUTIFUL! We had more than enough space, never heard any of our neighbors, everything in the villa was exceptional, clean, fully supplied and tasteful.

I especially loved being next to the lagoon pool. We practically lived there. We participated in Bingo, movie night twice, the DJ, volleyball courts, and the aquisino cruise. We also visited the clubhouse pool and the beach pool. The lazy river was on the small side but even that was enjoyable and refreshing. I also loved the ping pong tables next to the pool; we played plenty of games there.

The food in the market onsite was reasonable in price and on the fair side when we didn’t feel like cooking. The easy (less than 5 minutes’ walk) to the beach where the water temperature was 81 degrees was very nice. When we didn’t feel like walking back, a courtesy shuttle picked us up and dropped us off right at our doorstep.

It was about 6 miles to Broadway at the Beach where we hung out some nights, since there was so much to do on the resort, we didn't participate in many area attractions.

From the 7 year old to the 69 year old, this was one of our best vacations ever! Thank you and we look forward to coming again next year.

Room Tip: A room by the lagoon pool (where many of the activities take place). We were in complex E third floo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

“One of your best vacations ever”, is my absolute favorite part of your review. That is one of the best compliments we have received all summer long. I am so happy we helped make your family reunion memorable and enjoyable. Thank you for posting your review about your families stay with us. It sounds like you guys had a great time. We will definitely see you guys next year, we look forward to hosting your vacation and creating new memories with you. Thanks again.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

My family and I had a great stay. I will surely miss the beach. We had great time swimming. My daughter love the safe atmosphere to swim in and the kiddie pools. I appreciate all Myrtle beach has to offer entertainment wise.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Edwardwebster72

Thank you for posting your review. It is so nice to hear to you and your family enjoyed staying with us. I hope your daughter swam her little heart out at all of the pools and had a great time. I hope you will be back to see us soon!

Reviewed 28 June 2013

This was our 2nd stay in a HIClub Vacation property and yet again, it exceeded my picky expectations! The rooms are very nice, current, spacious, clean & well appointed. I work in the Hotel industry, so I am very particular & finicky. There were three of us and we had a King Suite-king with sofa pullout, living room area, kitchen area, balcony...plenty of room. (Laundry facilities that we shared with the neighbors next door which was fine). The pools were very nice, warm and clean as was the lazy river. Pool games, activities, marketplace were all priced fairly and well-appointed. The beach was across the street-easy walk or they had constant shuttles running to & from. Damons rest. across the street was suprisingly very good! (the ones at home are awful). If this hotel had room service, it would be PERFECT! Highly recommended by one picky traveler is pretty good! Yet another well done IHG product...VERY pleased!

Room Tip: King Suite-easy family of 4 if kids can sleep together
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Wow! Thank you for the great review. Working in this industry can definitely make it a little bit more difficult to travel without noticing every little detail from the way the Front Desk employees greet you to the room cleanliness, etc. I am so glad to see that we exceeded your expectations across the board! It sounds like you made you way around the resort and were able to take advantage of all of the amenities and activities available. We look forward to see you and your family back, next time you visit Myrtle Beach!

Reviewed 26 June 2013

This was an awesome resort. This 2 bedroom villa accomodated my family of 6. It was like home away from home. Very clean and spacious. It was well worth the money. Seconds away from the beach. Love the access to beach side pool. Would stay here again. It is worth looking into buying a timeshare.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your experience at our Resort. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be back to see us in the future! If you would like to look into the Vacation Ownership program, we would be happy to assist in any way that we can, we would love to welcome you to our family! Thank you again, hope to see you soon.