Facility and amenities no different to any other Holiday Inn so nothing special here. I enjoyed my stay because this resort is located away from the busy area in Myrtle Beach. That said, you need a car to go everywhere. Nothing worth seeing is within walking distance. Having a 1-year old baby, we enjoyed the quiet resort and being away from the tourist area. This hotel is not on the beach but they shuttle you to a beach area that they have access to. The shuttle is frequent and the staff is friendly. The pools and lazy river could have been kept cleaner as we encountered dead insects in both.
Pros - Quiet location for families or anyone looking to relax. Front desk staff (not management) is friendly and helpful. Close enough to everything if you have a car. All rooms have a private balcony and access to washer/dryer.
Cons - Could be kept cleaner. I had a few minor requests due to a personal issue but Management refused to entertain any request or acknowledge me as a Gold IHG club member because I booked my stay through a "dot com" company and not through them directly. Regardless of who I book with, as a guest at this resort my hopes were to be treated like any other guest. I can appreciate that my first line of communication should be with the company I booked with but when that company can't make changes once the room is booked and I am already at your front desk checking in, I expected a little more compassion from Management or some form of human personality. Instead I felt like I was dealing with a computer.
Anyways, that was just my experience with Management at this resort. I have never had any issues with other IHG hotels in the past and don't expect I will in the future. I will NOT be staying here when I visit Myrtle Beach again next year and will NOT recommend this location to any of my friends unless under new management which I have no way of knowing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations(R) South Beach Resort provides both peaceful solitude and wide variety of fun in the heart of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, the country's top beachside family vacation destination. You and your family will love the spacious villa accommodations, most with fully equipped kitchens, living and dining areas, plus free Wi-Fi internet access. The resort rests across the street from a pristine stretch of beach and the Oceanfront Breezes Beach Club, our own exclusive waterfront facility that offers a pool, kiddie pool, indoor seating area with TV and balcony, plus private beach access. On the main Myrtle Beach resort, lounge with a signature drink at the Captain Cliff's Lagoon Bar and Pool (seasonal; year-round indoor pool also available) near the resort's Clubhouse. The best vacations include time relaxing in the sauna with lockers for men and women, hot tubs or splashing with the kids in the family-favorite lazy river pool. Just steps away enjoy take-out breakfast items and casual foods at the Marketplace, plus a family video and game room to enjoy a fun diversion with the kids when you're not playing or strolling on Myrtle Beach. The resort even has a fully equipped fitness center where you can take advantage of personal time to get a good workout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Holiday Inn Myrtle Beach
- South Beach Myrtle
- Holiday Inn South Beach
- South Beach Resort Myrtle Beach