“Exccellent place”

Ranked #58 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Exccellent place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Just returned from South Beach Resort . Cant say enough about the resort Staff great girls in Market garden they are just so helpfull and cant do enough for you Sonya and Blanche just so nice. Place is very well run nothing was a problem and we would go back again and we will.

thanks again guys from Anne boyle ( SCOTLAND )

1 Thank anniebee1910
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you so much, Anne for the great compliments! The ladies are wonderful in the Market Place here at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort. We cannot wait to see you back with us again! Safe travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Danville, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I can't say enough about how great this place was! We booked a two bedroom condo for two nights, and everyone loved it. The condo was decorated beautifully, like a model home. Everything was very comfortable. The kitchen was great, as was the screened in balcony. We also loved the beach club house. We would definitely stay here again.

2 Thank KristaDanville_VA
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Wow! Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach. It is always a pleasure to hear when guests have an excellent stay! We look forward to seeing you soon!
Burlington, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Facility and amenities no different to any other Holiday Inn so nothing special here. I enjoyed my stay because this resort is located away from the busy area in Myrtle Beach. That said, you need a car to go everywhere. Nothing worth seeing is within walking distance. Having a 1-year old baby, we enjoyed the quiet resort and being away from the tourist area. This hotel is not on the beach but they shuttle you to a beach area that they have access to. The shuttle is frequent and the staff is friendly. The pools and lazy river could have been kept cleaner as we encountered dead insects in both.

Pros - Quiet location for families or anyone looking to relax. Front desk staff (not management) is friendly and helpful. Close enough to everything if you have a car. All rooms have a private balcony and access to washer/dryer.

Cons - Could be kept cleaner. I had a few minor requests due to a personal issue but Management refused to entertain any request or acknowledge me as a Gold IHG club member because I booked my stay through a "dot com" company and not through them directly. Regardless of who I book with, as a guest at this resort my hopes were to be treated like any other guest. I can appreciate that my first line of communication should be with the company I booked with but when that company can't make changes once the room is booked and I am already at your front desk checking in, I expected a little more compassion from Management or some form of human personality. Instead I felt like I was dealing with a computer.

Anyways, that was just my experience with Management at this resort. I have never had any issues with other IHG hotels in the past and don't expect I will in the future. I will NOT be staying here when I visit Myrtle Beach again next year and will NOT recommend this location to any of my friends unless under new management which I have no way of knowing.

Room Tip: Building A and H is closest to the pools so tend to be noisier and where all the action is. Buildin...
1 Thank KaySaPlus1
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Thank You for reviewing your most recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of the resort. We are regretful that you had a housekeeping issue and that we were not able to honor your requests. Sometimes due to availability we cannot honor all requests but we do try our best. We do love when we have IHG Rewards members staying with us, especially GOLD ELITE I am sure you do a lot of traveling. We do hope you change your mind and stay with us again.
Pittsford, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Good location, but don't buy w/them!! As I was talking w/customer service, saying some uncomplimentary words..I was thrown out of lobby, & person on other end of phone couldn't believe the words they has just heard!! Ended up comping us all our $$, but will never go back!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank clougie
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
I am so sorry that you had a difficult experience. We do take customer service very seriously here at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort. However, I am not aware of your exact situation, so to better assist, I have contacted you in a private message. I hope to speak with you soon. Thank You for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort.
Winter Haven, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

from the time we got here we were treated great! we were in a two bedroom.very clean and updated.i turned on the ice maker and water was all over the floor. maintance was here in 5 mins.the icemaker never did make ice.one down fall is my building was the only one, that did not have a icemaker. so I had to come back again.walk to next building. has a great lazy river and a 3 par golf course.i would most definitely

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort. It is always a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am pleased maintenance responded quickly and fixed the leak on the ice maker, but sorry to hear it never made ice for you. I am glad you enjoyed the Lazy River! I hope to see you back soon!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Not very impressed with this resort at all. Used IHG points for our stay and was treated like a non-paying guest. The staff was kind, but nothing more. We were not offered a choice of larger room and found ourselves in a single bed room for a family of five. We moved the dining table to the balcony and my daughter found roaches under the TV stand. I expected better from a Holiday Inn Resort. I will book the Holiday Inn Express further inland my next visit. At least I will know what to expect then.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Gradend2
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Oh No! We are sorry to hear that you were not impressed with the resort. We do love having IHG Reward members stay with us. Unfortunately room upgrades are not always available; we do try our best to accommodate everyone’s requests. We also take pest control very seriously, we hope were we able to take care of your issue. Thank you choosing to stay with us at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort.
north carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

We travelled to Myrtle Beach for Labor Day weekend to have a small one night girly stay. We started to call hotels once we arrived but nothing around $200 was available so we ended up booking a night here for a steep $300 a night (I had not seen any photos of the property before we booked either). We went to check-in and realized the resort was one street back from the beach which was disappointing at first as we were hoping for beachfront. Anyway we checked in and received the worst customer service I have ever experienced at a hotel, literally everybody seemed to hate working there! So the first impression of the resort wasn't good! After checking in we went to the room and we were pleasantly surprised to find a full kitchen, living room, and dining room, along with a giant bathroom, and a king size room. We also had a sleeper sofa which worked out well. The room was very clean and modern! Then we went to explore the property and found 2 large outdoor swimming pools, 1 inside pool, 1 inside Jacuzzi, a lazy river, a 40 person hot tub, and many other hot tubs next to the other pools. A shuttle also takes you across another pool that is beach front with beach access! Later on that night we went to the lobby to ask the concierge about some restaurants around the area as we are used to staying closer to north myrtle. We were disappointed again when the concierge gave us no information so we went looking for ourselves. Unfortunately there are only about 1 or 2 walkable restaurants in the area. Overall this resort is amazing and the grounds are beautiful! The vibe in the check-in lobby definitely needs to change then this resort would have a 5 star rating! I definitely recommend this resort to families, couples, and friends, just stay away from the lobby after check-in and you will have a great vacation!

Room Tip: Even though the villas are more expensive they come with a full kitchen, dining room, and living roo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank lizzie1991
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort. We are glad that you found the resort amazing! Unfortunately, we are sorry to hear that you did not have a good customer service experience upon check in. We do take your comments to heart and pride ourselves on the exceptional customer service we provide to our guests and owners. We are truly sorry that you did not experience this upon check in; comments like yours will be used to further train our team in this area. We are also glad that you enjoyed your villa and the resort amenities. We hope in the future you do stay with us again and experience the service you expected. Thank you again for your time and have a pleasant day.