Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$134
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$73
  • Pool
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$88
Beach Colony Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$119
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$73
The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$81
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$72
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$96
Travelocity
US$207
US$177
Myrtle Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)
US$78
  • Pool
All reviewsorange laketime shareacross the streetlagoon poolpar golf courseowner updategas fireplacelazy riversignature collectionbedroom villafull kitchenscreened in porchbuilding bclose to the airportsales presentationmarket commonsbeach access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband, children, and I stayed here for spring break this past March. Overall we had a really nice time.

Upon check-in the guy who checked us in was very friendly. Then we were guided to stop over for a possible $20 resort credit. Turned out to be a pitch for a 90 min timeshare pitch. I enjoy staying at timeshare resorts by Hilton and Sheraton because of the amenities offered (larger rooms, kitchens, etc.) but I booked this room online WITHOUT interest in a timeshare pitch. I didn't appreciate feeling pressured into booking a "non-pressured" timeshare presentation for something I wasn't interested in. Buying into a timeshare is nothing but a waste of money no matter how they try to convince you that you are saving money. I've been to "no pressure" timeshare presentations and they ALL have the same goal...to get you to buy with them. NO THANK YOU!!! We did not reserve a time and did not go to the pitch.

Another BIG negative we had was the noise issues (and I'm not talking about the airport). Our room was right by the elevator and other guests had NO consideration for people in their rooms! The noise echoed down the room so we could hear everything said. Also another room played music so loud that I had a very hard time sleeping. Thankfully my children are heavy sleepers! The airport noise was nothing compared to the noise the other guests made. If we had a room furthest away from the elevator, I would have been much happier.

The indoor pool was not very well heated for cooler weather. I'm sure if we were there during warm weather season we would have enjoyed the pools much more.

Now for the good parts. The room itself was WONDERFUL!!! We stayed in a 2 bedroom/2 bath room. We had so much space! It was tastefully decorated, beachy feel to it. The balcony was very nice, screened in so bugs can't get to you in the warmer months. We technically had a view of the ocean which was nice. The location of the resort is good in my opinion. We were not on the beach but it was a 5 min walk away. The resort is also located at the end of the the hotel line. It's further away from most of the attractions and restaurants but we liked that. It was only a 5-10 min drive to most attractions. Yes it is by the airport. Yes you hear the planes go over. It wasn't that disturbing to us. If you don't want to hear the planes, go more north.

Overall we had a good time and would return provided we can have a quieter room.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator.
4  Thank amuslman
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Hello! Thank you for staying with us. I am glad to hear that you had a really nice time. I am excited to hear that check in went smoothly for you at the front desk. At Holiday Inn Club Vacations, we are always excited to share updates about our Club and have found that the best way to schedule time with our guests is at the start of their vacation. Nonetheless, we are extremely sorry if you were offended in any way, as it was certainly not our intent. We are disappointed to hear that you experienced noise issues while staying with us. It is very important to us that each one of our guests has a truly relaxing experience and we do apologize that you were disrupted by others. Although our indoor pool is heated, we did experience below-normal temperatures this winter, making it a challenge for our heaters to keep the water temperature at a comfortable level. I am so sorry if this caused you any inconvenience. On the other hand, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the room size and decor. You are correct, we are located only a short 5-10 minute drive away from the many attractions in the Myrtle Beach area. I hope to see you again when the weather is warmer and you can enjoy all the amenities we have to offer on the property. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This place has all the bells and whistles that you can ask for in a resort stay with kids. The bedrooms are separated by a fully equipped kitchen so the kids can play and we could have peace and quiet. The beds were very comfortable with plenty of pillows and extra blankets. There is an actual fire place and of course each room has its own TV.

There were activities for the kids all day long such as swimming in a heated pool, billiards, duck painting, video games, etc. There were adult theme activities too such as a wine and cheese soirée and options to go on day cruises. Then, there is the beach front facility across the street to watch sun sets while drinking beverages of choice.

Myrtle Beach has so much to do as well. We went on a helicopter ride, played putt putt golf, walked the beach, and ate at places like King Crabs, Brother Shuckers, and Captain Benjamin’s Calabash Seafood’s. The resort is located about a mile or so from the Boardwalk which has other hotels and many nick knack shops or haberdasheries to just visit.

Plain and simple, we could stay at the resort and enjoy the day or go around town. Either way we had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Building C is the newest building although all the buildings are pretty standard.
2  Thank WD80
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Wow! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am glad you were able to enjoy activities, both on and off the property. Our on-site activities team is always looking for new and creative things for our guests to do and we’ll let them know how happy you were to see a wide-range of offerings. With so much to see and do in Myrtle Beach, it can be difficult to decide where to go. We’re thrilled to learn that you took advantage of all our area has to offer. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort. We hope to see you again, very soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My husband and I recently stayed in a 1 bedroom villa with our 10 month old here for 4 nights. Overall, we had an excellent stay, and hope to return in the warmer weather months. As mentioned in the heading, I feel that this is a great resort to stay at for families looking to spend some time at their resort while visiting Myrtle Beach.
Pros:
-Check-in and check-out were quick, efficient, and informative. When arriving, I asked if we could be placed on a higher level floor, and they had no problem granting my request, placing us on the top floor in our building.
-All staff members were friendly and helpful. Upon check-in we had asked for a high chair for the room and one was brought within 20 minutes of arrival. We even received a call to make sure everything was up to our standards and in working order soon after arrival-I thought this was a nice touch!
-The décor of the main lobby and building was inviting and clean. I noticed that kid activities were offered every day, some for a small fee, which seemed like a nice way to keep them engaged in the cooler months.
-As this is a timeshare property, we were asked at the beginning if we would like to attend the timeshare meeting. With a couple firm "no's", we were never bothered about this again. Even with the initial invitation, I didn't feel that the lady was being overly pushy, once she understood that we had no interest in attending.
-Many outdoor pools and other spaces (volleyball net, bags, horseshoe, shuffleboard, grills, pool bar, etc.) to enjoy-although the weather was a bit too cool for us to utilize these amenities, it would be great fun in the summer months!
-Our villa itself was a large size! We were in a 'B' room, which is on a corner, and from other reviews I've read, may be bigger than the 'A' rooms.
-Villa was fully equipped-full kitchen with cooking and eating plate ware and utensils, dish soap and dishwasher packets, paper towel, washer/dryer, full bath with Jacuzzi tub and extra toilet paper and tissues, flat screen TVs in bedroom and living room, dining room table, plenty of closet space for storage. We knew that we would not be receiving housekeeping service, as is the case with many timeshare properties, so we had packed extra paper towel/toiletries-we never needed to use our own, as they gave us so much extra! A real perk!
-Villa was clean and had a nice beach decorum all around.
-The resort is located on the south end of the Myrtle Beach 'strip'. I found this to be nice, as it was farther removed from the hustle and bustle you would see closer to the boardwalk. This could be seen as a con for those families looking to walk to the boardwalk and have more restaurants within walking distance.
-Although the resort is not located directly on the ocean, it has a nice club house with outdoor pool and beach access across the street. Even with the chillier weather, my family walked over there a couple times to show our daughter the ocean-not a bad walk at all! The club house was clean and quaint-TVs, ping pong table and other tables games like backgammon are available to play. They also have a small parking lot for resort members right across the street, if one was looking to bring a lot of beach toys/chairs with.

There were only a few inconveniences we experienced:
-The indoor pool was a bit small and at times a little chilly. We were told it was heated to 85 degrees, but this was definitely not the case! Perhaps the heaters they have could not keep up with the cooler weather, as this indoor pool is connected to one of the outdoor pools.
-Upon using the jets in our Jacuzzi tub, black stuff came out of it....I'm guessing mold...we never remembered to call the front desk about this issue, however, we no longer used the jets while staying....
-We booked our reservation by switching our Disney Vacation Club points to RCI. Because we did not stay an entire week, we had to pay a split week fee when checking in, which was not mentioned on the RCI site when booking. Although this fee was not astronomical by any means, it was unexpected.
-As mentioned in other reviews, this resort is located near the airport. We could hear some noise from airplanes taking off and landing, but it was never significant and never bothered us!!

We really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: Ask for a 'B' room if staying in a 1-bedroom!
4  Thank Lisa A

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We’re so happy to hear that you had a great experience! You’re right…..our fully-equipped villas provide all the comforts of home and we’re glad to hear that you enjoyed our quiet location. I certainly apologize about the issue you experienced with your Jacuzzi tub and I have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping team so that they may conduct the appropriate follow-up. Although our indoor pool is heated, we did experience below-normal temperatures this winter, making it a challenge for our heaters to keep the water temperature at a comfortable level. We’re so sorry if this caused you any inconvenience. Thanks, again, for your kind words about our resort. We look forward to your return visit, hopefully, in the near future.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My whole family traveled to Myrtle Beach to watch our niece in a softball tournament. We had a 1-bedrm and studio for our accommodations. The rooms were clean, BUT the bedsheets were old and torn, and the pillows were very uncomfortable.
We were there for 7 nights and there was NO maid service at all (hotel policy) during our stay. The hotel was located in a good location by the ocean except for it being directly in the flight path of the nearby airport. Very noisy!
As this was our first stay in Myrtle Beach, we sought out the help of the hotel's concierge. This was a BIG mistake. The concierge on duty ("Mike") was HORRIBLE!! He never got out of his seat to show us the brochures on the rack, he was disinterested, he only gave 1-word answers, offered no helpful suggestions, and seemed agitated we were asking him questions. He made us feel VERY welcomed!!
On a bright note, the hotel shuttle driver ("Pat") was outstanding! He was friendly, informative, and energetic. He genuinely seemed concerned about us enjoying ourselves. He SHOULD be the concierge!!
Also, the on-site gym was very small and not what advertised. We will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room close to the lobby
1  Thank stigger1
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort. We are sorry to learn of your disappointment. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and remains our top priority. Unlike a traditional hotel, our resort provides a comfortable condominium atmosphere, fully stocked with all the amenities you will need while enjoying your stay. Therefore, we do not provide daily housekeeping service, however, we are always more than happy to deliver extra supplies, towels, etc., to your villa, upon your request. Likewise, we certainly apologize for your dissatisfaction with our concierge. The resort takes customer service very seriously and your feedback has already been relayed, so that we can insure the appropriate follow-up. Nonetheless, I am very sorry.
Thank You for your raving comments about our shuttle driver, Pat. We agree, Pat is excellent at what he does and a wonderful ambassador for our resort. I will pass along your kind words to him. I hope you had a safe trip home and we would love to have you back in the future. Thank you again for staying with us at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort.

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights in a 1 bedroom villa all the pools are heated. My kids had a blast. Would definitely come back. Also did the presentation and tour it was painless. Would love to come back when it's warm.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rene V
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the resort and you kids had a BLAST! We look forward to seeing you again when the weather is warm. Thank you for staying with us.