“Absolutely Wonderful!”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort
Ranked #59 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Our family of five (kids 1, 5 and 6) had an excellent stay at this property. Very family friendly. Awesome (and very warm) outdoor pools. Easy access to beach, only 5 minutes away walking time. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was very accommodating. We didn't have a single issue with anything. We will return someday and we look forward to it!!

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank mom_of_3_77
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that you had an excellent stay! I am glad that you were able to use the pools and Breeze’s Beach Club on property. I look forward to see you again sometime soon! Thank you for staying with Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

When we initially were booking a holiday inn hotel we were transferred to their marketing department, who invited us to come visit there brand new resorts. My husband didn't want to and I suggested it might not be a bad idea. I should have listened to him. I wouldn't put my worst enemy through what we had to endure. In addition, I chose my birthday to try this. While we had one more day left, we checked out.
The tour was to begin at 9a.m. While my husband and daughter had breakfast, I hadn't, thinking we we would be out atleast by lunch. When we got there, we were asked to flash them our credit card, I asked why, they stated as it was a financial tour! I wondered how flashing them a credit card would help. For all they knew that card could be over loaded. They said incase we buy they needed to know we had credit!
I could go into the details of their booking, but I want to stick to our experience on the tour. We were housed across the street at the Springmaid in Myrtle. This is at their Myrtle beach location. The tour began with their nice retired gentleman. So we listened for two hours, heard everything he had to share, toured their apartment looking complex. Finally we told him, I was tired, and hungry, and would like to think about it. We even understood their concept, and expressed this sounds like something we would like, but needed time. He stated we were almost done, just needed his manager to share what was available. So we politely obliged, One and half hours later, with no end in sight, I burst into tears. I was hungry tired and overwhelmed. With no empathy toward my teen daughter, my hunger and fatigue, she(the manager) just walked off. Sent us their supposedly survey person, who we obliged, but turned out to be another sales pitch for another 20 minutes after I had just burst into tears they had the audacity to keep us their for their greedy purposes. Not one of them brought a little something to eat. We were their five hours and could have gone on, had my body not totally indicate it couldn't take it anymore. They would have continued I believe over my dead body if they could.

How can this be so great when they want to under any circumstances want to sell to you.
In the end we walked away thinking, they are morally corrupt, and spiritually bankrupt people running this organization.
Please save your time and energy and money!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
12  Thank Smitha D
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Hello! Thank you for taking to time to tell us of your experience at our Sales Center. We are sorry to learn of your disappointment. I am glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of the VIP Package and preview the resort in Myrtle Beach. These previews last at least 90 minutes but it really depends on your level of interest; they could be longer. At Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort it is our pleasure to show you a way to vacation with your family and it is up to you if you would like to experience Holiday Inn Club Vacations, year after year. Again, we are so sorry for any inconvenience you encountered. Customer service is extremely important to us and we are always dismayed when one of our guests has had a discouraging encounter. We certainly hope that you will vacation with us, in the future, so that we may have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

To help facilitate this conversation, we’ve contacted you via TripAdvisor in a more private setting. We look forward to speaking with you and hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We are owners but this is our first stay in Building A. The one bedroom corner unit seemed to be narrower than those Bldgs F or G. The unit was clean and in generally good repair except for disposal making bad noises / on the way out, a slightly wobbly pedestal table and some paint chips around the unit. The king bed was very comfortable. The kitchen is fully equipped and has enough supplies for the week. You can always get more from house cleaning or the welcome center. The washer and dryer were in an entry foyer and shared with another studio unit. Bldg A was a little longer walk from the main pool or the pool at the welcome center. The combo VHS/DVD player worked well with DVDs but 30“ flat screen seemed a little small for the room/space viewing distance. There were children in the unit above us as we heard running back and forth. The airport & heliport do generate some extra noise. Lots of good restaurants nearby. Damon’s, Angelo’s, Gordon Biersch Brewery and Pan American Pancake & Omelet are favorites. The Food Lion grocery is only a mile. They don’t recycle but I’m not aware if it’s available in Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: Single bedrooms in Bldgs F& G are probably larger. Top floors on the end could be quieter.
1  Thank OldBoyScoutFox
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Welcome Back! I love hearing from our owners! I am glad that you enjoyed your villa while staying with us. All of our villas are well stocked with supplies for you during your stay. I am disappointed to hear that you experienced noise issues while staying with us. It is very important to us that each one of our guests has a truly relaxing experience and I do apologize that you were bothered by others during your stay. I am glad you found many excellent restaurants to visit while here. We do offer recycling here on property. I hope to see you back soon. Thank you taking the time to review your most recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My family and I went down to the beach for a long weekend to meet with family. Since I knew the weather was going to be awful, I tried to find a hotel that would provide indoor swimming/activities for our child.
We have been to the beach dozens of times, but this was the first time we didn't stay ON the beach,.
When we checked in, I was tired. There was a time share salesman, because I had read a few reviews I knew to expect this. I politely told him I was not interested in making $75 for my time and he was fine. Sometimes these people are pushy - but not the case with my experience....
The room was beautiful and comfortable. There is NO housekeeping unless you pay $20 per day for basic service. I did pay for the days that we were there but did not receive service on our first day. It was irritating, but they refunded me the $20, as I do understand that people make mistakes. I did not feel that it was a big deal......
If you are a younger couple and are into a more social vacation, such as drinking, clubbing, late nights, etc. I would not recommend as I do not see this type of hotel being tolerant of late night noise. By 11 PM, it is very quiet and peaceful. No tiki bars, etc.
Years ago, before our family, we would have stayed at a different place that may cater to a crowd that has late night activities or bars, etc. but for this point with small children, this was a great location.
Overall, this was the nicest place we have stayed at in Myrtle Beach. I definitely recommend this as a quiet, safe, and relaxing vacation.
I hope this review is helpful (to those of you who read it) and remember to be careful and have a wonderful time no matter where you stay:)

Room Tip: The Queen Suite is wonderful. Great soaking tub, full kitchen, separate bathroom and stand up shower...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Ellen R

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort. I am so glad you chose to stay with us and enjoyed our resort. I am glad that you did not feel pressured to take a sale presentation. Our villas are very beautiful. I am sorry if there was confusion with the housekeeping services but glad to hear we were able to get you the service the following day. Our location is at the south end of Myrtle Beach and offers our guests a relaxing, safe, and quiet vacation experience. I hope to see you again soon when you can stay longer! Thank you again for choosing Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We own here and the units always exceed our expectations. Stayed in a 2 BR unit, and it was extremely clean and well taken care of. The grounds are impeccable! Be sure to visit Market Common while you are enjoying your time here. It is its own little community with plenty of shopping. LOVE the Piggly Wiggly grocery store there too!

1  Thank Barbarawfxt

Thank you for all the wonderful comments about your most recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort. We always love to hear from our owners. Market Common is a great place to go for shopping and dining and located close to the resort. Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review your most recent stay.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

My fiancé and I came here for a vacation. The villa was absolutely beautiful! We didn't have to worry about housekeeping coming in. The whirlpool was awesome and the outddor pool was heated. Although this appears to be a family type vacation, there was a lot to do. Everything seemed to be close by. My fiancé and I brought our bikes with us and were able to take a couple bike rides.

Overall, the hotel was great. However, we did notice that the walls were thin. It was easy to hear people talking outside our door, ringing door bells and our neighbors next door. The bed was firm. Even with having all the doors closed we could still hear our neighbors. The upselling was a bit annoying. My fiancé and I were given a $20 gift certificate which gave us the impression that we were going to get free mini-golf. It was not explained to us properly that we would be paying for unlimited mini golf for 2 people for $24 from 10 am to 5 pm. It took us at least 3 times before we could get someone to try to redeem this certificate. We were also not informed until we ordered a ride in the shuttle that we would have to pay. The fee was small but this should have been something that was told to us in the beginning. My fiancé and I feel as though there should be a little less focusing on the upselling and more information provided on what the hotel offers including all the details.

Room Tip: You want the view of a pool and the balcony.
3  Thank Craftxea
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort. I am pleased to hear that you and your fiancé appreciated the beautiful villa and amenities on property. There are a lot of good bike routes close to the resort; I hope you got to enjoy them. I am disappointed to hear that you experienced noise issues while staying with us. It is very important to us that each one of our guests has a truly relaxing experience and I do apologize that you were disrupted by others during your stay. The resort does offer complimentary shuttle service on property to and from the beach. If the shuttle service is requested to go off-property there is a nominal fee ranging from $5 to $15. I am so sorry if this caused you any inconvenience. Nonetheless, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Last fall I was booking a room for my family to stay at a Holiday Inn here in Canada. I often book with Holiday Inn, (although I won't again!!) They asked if I was interested in talking to someone after I finished booking regarding a great deal they would give me. I spoke with Alex who explained I could go to Las Vegas for a 3 night 4 day stay and bring up to 3 people with me for just 200. and all I had to do was attend a presentation. He was a very persuasive young man & I gave him my credit card #.
Now a few months later I decide to take my sisters to Vegas & let them enjoy my "good deal"
I was looking into it and read the participation details and realized I had to have an income of $50,000. US. Not once has anyone asked me how much I make. It said if I didn't meet their qualifications my card would be charged the retail $$ for our stay.
So I called their 800 # to question why I wasn't asked that & they said the conversation was recorded & I must have told them that to qualify. I said if that was recorded then let me hear the recording. He said, do you have a lawyer?
So, I guess I'm out my money. He offered to extend the stay for 3 more months in case my wage goes up! Seriously?!?
Huge rip off, if it seems too good to be true it's a scam!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
56  Thank LilboyPaco
Ashley U, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your recent sales experience. Our vacation packages are a great way to take advantage of a discounted vacation, while also finding out how a vacation ownership with Holiday Inn Club Vacations can change the way that you and your family travel in the future. The details and qualifications for those wishing to take advantage of this program should have been made available to you at the time of purchase as well as in the information provided to you before your travel dates. We apologize if you feel that your concerns were not handled with the care and concern that our guests have come to expect from our staff. In an attempt to find out more information about your specific situation we have sent you a private message here on TripAdvisor. We look forward to hearing from you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Myrtle Beach
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront
Hilton Garden Inn Myrtle Beach/Coastal Grand Mall
Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts
Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas
Holiday Inn Oceanfront at Surfside Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort? Share your experiences!