“Great place to stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #58 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Davidsonville, Maryland
“Great place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Being a Club Vacations member let's us go to a lot of different places. Myrtle Beach is great during winter months without all of the crowds. They have their own golf course and beach access. There is a bar, limited opening times, at the beach. The staff is very friendly and we have been there 3 times. They make each trip enjoyable.

Room Tip: Become a member. It's worth it.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Paul J
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Hello! It is always great to hear from our owners! Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort. I am glad you were able to use the Par 3 next door. Captain Cliff’s Pool bar is open only seasonally but we do offer drinks through our Market Place throughout the year. Thank you for your kind words and we will see you again sometime soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I enjoyed this property. Very nice. Need more than one bar and they need an onsite restaurant with room service. The kitchen in room was great. I would have like to have more than 1 coffee packet in my room. I stayed for three nights and had to constantly get more coffee and sugar, etc. Drinks at the bar were great. I highly recommend the mudslide.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Leslie C
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed the property. We are also glad that you enjoyed Captain Cliff’s Pool Bar. We hope to see you back soon! Thank you again for staying with us at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort!
Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

This resort was the best exchange I have made. Details! They pay attention to them and you want to nothing. The grounds, the unit, the pools, etc - all perfect. Even the screw heads on the switch plates were all in the same direction - Who does that these days? Hats off to the maintenance department. This didn't bother me, but, it may you. The resort is neighbors with Myrtle Beach International. Also Huffman Helicopters are taking off every 5 minutes. Location is not Beach Front, but they have a spot on the beach they will shuttle you to and have chairs to sit on. They aren't on the beach, but you have that ocean view. We walked by it, but didn't use it. We prefer the pool. If you want to go, enjoy the resort and relax - this is your resort! Go. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Was in building B, 2nd floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank WashPA0214
Hi There! Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort. It is exciting to hear that you enjoyed the pools and resort atmosphere. Thank you for your kind words about the maintenance department, I will pass those along to the team. Hope you see you back again. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us!
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Our family of five (kids 1, 5 and 6) had an excellent stay at this property. Very family friendly. Awesome (and very warm) outdoor pools. Easy access to beach, only 5 minutes away walking time. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was very accommodating. We didn't have a single issue with anything. We will return someday and we look forward to it!!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank mom_of_3_77
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that you had an excellent stay! I am glad that you were able to use the pools and Breeze’s Beach Club on property. I look forward to see you again sometime soon! Thank you for staying with Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

When we initially were booking a holiday inn hotel we were transferred to their marketing department, who invited us to come visit there brand new resorts. My husband didn't want to and I suggested it might not be a bad idea. I should have listened to him. I wouldn't put my worst enemy through what we had to endure. In addition, I chose my birthday to try this. While we had one more day left, we checked out.
The tour was to begin at 9a.m. While my husband and daughter had breakfast, I hadn't, thinking we we would be out atleast by lunch. When we got there, we were asked to flash them our credit card, I asked why, they stated as it was a financial tour! I wondered how flashing them a credit card would help. For all they knew that card could be over loaded. They said incase we buy they needed to know we had credit!
I could go into the details of their booking, but I want to stick to our experience on the tour. We were housed across the street at the Springmaid in Myrtle. This is at their Myrtle beach location. The tour began with their nice retired gentleman. So we listened for two hours, heard everything he had to share, toured their apartment looking complex. Finally we told him, I was tired, and hungry, and would like to think about it. We even understood their concept, and expressed this sounds like something we would like, but needed time. He stated we were almost done, just needed his manager to share what was available. So we politely obliged, One and half hours later, with no end in sight, I burst into tears. I was hungry tired and overwhelmed. With no empathy toward my teen daughter, my hunger and fatigue, she(the manager) just walked off. Sent us their supposedly survey person, who we obliged, but turned out to be another sales pitch for another 20 minutes after I had just burst into tears they had the audacity to keep us their for their greedy purposes. Not one of them brought a little something to eat. We were their five hours and could have gone on, had my body not totally indicate it couldn't take it anymore. They would have continued I believe over my dead body if they could.

How can this be so great when they want to under any circumstances want to sell to you.
In the end we walked away thinking, they are morally corrupt, and spiritually bankrupt people running this organization.
Please save your time and energy and money!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank Smitha D
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hello! Thank you for taking to time to tell us of your experience at our Sales Center. We are sorry to learn of your disappointment. I am glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of the VIP Package and preview the resort in Myrtle Beach. These previews last at least 90 minutes but it really depends on your level of interest; they could be longer. At Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort it is our pleasure to show you a way to vacation with your family and it is up to you if you would like to experience Holiday Inn Club Vacations, year after year. Again, we are so sorry for any inconvenience you encountered. Customer service is extremely important to us and we are always dismayed when one of our guests has had a discouraging encounter. We certainly hope that you will vacation with us, in the future, so that we may have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

To help facilitate this conversation, we’ve contacted you via TripAdvisor in a more private setting. We look forward to speaking with you and hope to hear from you soon.
Fairborn, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We are owners but this is our first stay in Building A. The one bedroom corner unit seemed to be narrower than those Bldgs F or G. The unit was clean and in generally good repair except for disposal making bad noises / on the way out, a slightly wobbly pedestal table and some paint chips around the unit. The king bed was very comfortable. The kitchen is fully equipped and has enough supplies for the week. You can always get more from house cleaning or the welcome center. The washer and dryer were in an entry foyer and shared with another studio unit. Bldg A was a little longer walk from the main pool or the pool at the welcome center. The combo VHS/DVD player worked well with DVDs but 30“ flat screen seemed a little small for the room/space viewing distance. There were children in the unit above us as we heard running back and forth. The airport & heliport do generate some extra noise. Lots of good restaurants nearby. Damon’s, Angelo’s, Gordon Biersch Brewery and Pan American Pancake & Omelet are favorites. The Food Lion grocery is only a mile. They don’t recycle but I’m not aware if it’s available in Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: Single bedrooms in Bldgs F& G are probably larger. Top floors on the end could be quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OldBoyScoutFox
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Welcome Back! I love hearing from our owners! I am glad that you enjoyed your villa while staying with us. All of our villas are well stocked with supplies for you during your stay. I am disappointed to hear that you experienced noise issues while staying with us. It is very important to us that each one of our guests has a truly relaxing experience and I do apologize that you were bothered by others during your stay. I am glad you found many excellent restaurants to visit while here. We do offer recycling here on property. I hope to see you back soon. Thank you taking the time to review your most recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

My family and I went down to the beach for a long weekend to meet with family. Since I knew the weather was going to be awful, I tried to find a hotel that would provide indoor swimming/activities for our child.
We have been to the beach dozens of times, but this was the first time we didn't stay ON the beach,.
When we checked in, I was tired. There was a time share salesman, because I had read a few reviews I knew to expect this. I politely told him I was not interested in making $75 for my time and he was fine. Sometimes these people are pushy - but not the case with my experience....
The room was beautiful and comfortable. There is NO housekeeping unless you pay $20 per day for basic service. I did pay for the days that we were there but did not receive service on our first day. It was irritating, but they refunded me the $20, as I do understand that people make mistakes. I did not feel that it was a big deal......
If you are a younger couple and are into a more social vacation, such as drinking, clubbing, late nights, etc. I would not recommend as I do not see this type of hotel being tolerant of late night noise. By 11 PM, it is very quiet and peaceful. No tiki bars, etc.
Years ago, before our family, we would have stayed at a different place that may cater to a crowd that has late night activities or bars, etc. but for this point with small children, this was a great location.
Overall, this was the nicest place we have stayed at in Myrtle Beach. I definitely recommend this as a quiet, safe, and relaxing vacation.
I hope this review is helpful (to those of you who read it) and remember to be careful and have a wonderful time no matter where you stay:)

Room Tip: The Queen Suite is wonderful. Great soaking tub, full kitchen, separate bathroom and stand up shower...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Ellen R
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort. I am so glad you chose to stay with us and enjoyed our resort. I am glad that you did not feel pressured to take a sale presentation. Our villas are very beautiful. I am sorry if there was confusion with the housekeeping services but glad to hear we were able to get you the service the following day. Our location is at the south end of Myrtle Beach and offers our guests a relaxing, safe, and quiet vacation experience. I hope to see you again soon when you can stay longer! Thank you again for choosing Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort.