“Great Location in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort
Ranked #58 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Plantation, Florida
“Great Location in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We are owners at Orange Lake Country Club in Kissimmee, Florida, one of several resorts operated by Holiday Inn Club Vacations. As usual, the staff is first rate and do everything to make your stay as pleasant as possible. It is a smaller resort than Orange Lake but is still very nice. Two pools, a pool size, multi-station hot tub, A big pool bar, lazy river for tubing and other amenities make it a great location for a visit to Myrtle Beach. Our one bedroom unit was spacious and well equipped. One of the only drawbacks was its proximity to the local airport which also is the base for helicopter tour flights which take off and land every 5-10 minutes all day long. It is quite distracting and annoying if you are trying to relax by the pool or anywhere on the property OUTDOORS. That being said, we enjoyed our stay and explored the entire area including Murrell's Inlet, a few miles away featuring great restaurants.

Room Tip: The property borders the Myrtle Beach Airport so request a unit away from the west side of the resor...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank suprselr02
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Hi There! Thank you for review your most recent stay with us. I love hearing from our Holiday Inn Club Vacations Owners. I am glad that the staff treated you well. Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort does offer great amenities. I apologize that the helicopter rides were bothersome to you and you were not able to relax by the pool. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay and the surrounding area. Murrell’s inlet does have some great restaurants. I hope that you stay with us again in the future. Thanks again for staying with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I am an owner at this resort. We go here every year around the same time. This year we stayed for a week and had lot more time to unwind from a very busy work schedule.
We love the lagoon pool with the every day activities, smoothies and snacks, waterfall and lots of space to sunbathe. The 3 bedroom was very cozy, enjoyed the full kitchens, whirlpool tubs, tvs in every room, and screened porches.

Room Tip: We stayed in a 3 bedroom corner suite on a higher level and was quiet. Call this location 1 week pr...
2 Thank Teresa052014
Welcome Back! It is always a pleasure to hear from our owners. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort. I am glad to hear that you had an amazing Memorial Week! It looks like you enjoyed all the amenities and luxuries the resort has to offer inside and outside of your well-equipped villa. Thank you again and we will see you next time!
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

It was nice but pools are dirty and they close poll bar very early hotel When they try to time share very disrespectful. I like the location but The clubhouse by the ocean sounded good but when i went there was construction right by the club house which was totally disappointing

• Stayed May 2014
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. It is disappointing to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay. Captain Cliff’s Pool Bar hours do very per season. I am sorry if this was an inconvenience for you. Breeze’s Beach Club offers a great way to enjoy the beach and ocean, I am sorry to hear that construction in the area was bothersome. I hope to see you in the future and you are able to enjoy the property. Thank you again for staying with us at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort.
Epping, New Hampshire
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The resort was great along with the beach. The resort is across the street from the beach with a shuttle that will take you over to the waterfront club house with a pool and some very nice decks and indoor lounge areas if you need to get out of the sun.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Cturt0n
WOW! Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South beach Resort. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests. We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful time and enjoyed the beach and shuttle. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Torrance, California
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Booked a holiday vacation and agreed to a timeshare viewing of South Beach about a year ago with a great guy named Tony. He told me if we wanted to upgrade to South Beach it would be a certain amount, if we wanted to add additional night at the Broadway it would be only $49.99 per night. My husband and I were and are still very interested in buying a timeshare, but am extremely leery now of this vacation club, as I hate deceit, and it's happened from the very beginning numerous times. I called to schedule my vacation around April/May for July 7-10 and inquired about an additional night on 7/6 and upgrades. Of course there were no upgrades available at South Beach (yet there's availability through every travel site). They said I could add the 7/6 night at Broadway for $99.00 a night. What happened to $49.99 per night per Tony?. They told me it was $99.99, BUT because it was for July 6, it would be an ADDITIONAL $99.99 a night (now $200.00) because of the holiday weekend -- what holiday weekend !!! The holiday weekend is over on July 6 (Sunday). Anyway, I told the rep to have a supervisor call me b/c I hate more than anything when the price changes from what was quoted; DECEIT. No one ever called. A few days went by so I decided to call back to see why a supervisor did not call me back; no one knew why. I said I needed to add a night and that I had a problem b/c the price was not what was quoted. At that point they told me July 6 was now sold out at the Broadway. I told her I had been waiting for a supervisor to call, and because they never did, now I don't have a room on 7/6, yet I booked my flight for 7/6-7/10. What am I supposed to do in SC for a night w/o a room? They then checked the availability at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront and explained it would now be $75.00 a night for 3 nights (upgrade price) and $185.00 for the Sunday night. I told her I needed to do something b/c I am arriving in SC and don't have a room on Sunday. In the meantime I was on hotels.com and found a BETTER rate on 7/6, so decided to book the one night with hotels.com (non-refundable) and just pay for the upgrade for the three nights. The rep took my credit card number and told me I should receive a new confirm with the new location. After a few days went by I never received a confirmation, so I decided to call. THEY HAD NO RECORD OF MY UPGRADE!!! I was furious, to say the least. So I told them now I was at another location for 7/6 through hotels.com, and then I have to move to the Broadway location for the three nights. I asked to speak to the supervisor Patricia and a manager b/c I was furious. I told them I couldn't wait for my timeshare appointment, b/c I would clear the place out. What incompetents, from the very beginning. The rep came back on the phone and said, oh, there is now a room available for the upgrade at the Oceanfront.. I thought they said a minute before there was nothing available -- again, DECEIT. Then they said I had never given my credit card number -- again, DECEIT. So I once again gave them my credit card number for the upgrade. They said I would receive a new confirmation with the new location in the next few days. Tomorrow will be a week and I still haven't received a confirmation for the upgrade/new location. I verified that my card was charged. I will call on Monday -- if they proceed to tell me that I was never upgraded, yet they charged my card, I will become furious. At this time, I am extremely irritated with Holiday Inn Vacations Club. It will take A LOT to convince my husband & I to buy a timeshare with this level of incompetency. Very, very disappointed and I'm not even yet in SC !!

12 Thank hello7641
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this review, 15 October 2014
Hello. I want to thank you for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your recent experience with us. Our vacation packages are a great way to take advantage of a discounted vacation, while also finding out how a vacation ownership with Holiday Inn Club Vacations can change the way that you and your family travel in the future. The details for those wishing to take advantage of this program should have been made available to you at the time of purchase as well as in the information provided to you before your travel dates. We are incredibly sorry your package experience became so complicated. In an attempt to find out more information about your specific situation we have sent you a private message here on TripAdvisor. We look forward to hearing from you.
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My family and friends arrive the Friday right after the terrible bike week but let me assure the readers we only experince the best service,beatiful and comfortable rooms and the hotel staff was on point on making residents feel safe and the prensence on the grounds were noted.Frank the shuttle driver was also very helpful in area recommaditions on things to do. The Signature suites were top-notched! Our group had 7 people and we had a great time. One suggestion would be the hotel should extend the pool-bar hours to close at 7 is very early for mature adults whom like to relax by the pool.

Room Tip: Request rooms away from helicptor flight path!
2 Thank MsCrisy301
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I am elated to hear that you were pleased with that staff and your accommodations and that you thoroughly enjoyed the time you had while staying with us in your Signature Collection room. Thank you for your suggestion on the Lagoon Pool bar hours, we do extend the hours throughout the summer season, but I will definitely pass your comments along to the appropriate individual. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review, we appreciate your feedback.
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was a little hesitant after making the reservation for this resort after reading some reviews, however, when arriving on Wednesday morning at 10:00 am, the desk staff was so friendly and accommodating and THE ROOM WAS READY FOR US!! When checking out on Sunday, our flight was not until 9:30 pm. The desk staff was happy to give us a temporary key which let us into the pool areas (which there are 3 of them!!) They also gave us access to the showers, lockers, saunas and bathrooms and offered us clean beach towels. The location was perfect, out of the hustle and bustle of the crowds in Myrtle Beach. We did have to go across the street for the beach but the resort only parking lot was a minute away and not at all inconvenient. I would stay here again in the blink of an eye. Thank you to the staff at South Beach Resort Holiday Inn Vacation Club for helping make our stay in Myrtle Beach perfect!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Linda T
WOW! What a great review! Thank you so much. I am glad to see that you were able to fully experience the high level of customer service that we provide at Holiday Inn Club Vacations, South Beach Resort. We absolutely always want to make sure we are doing whatever we can to make your stay with us as enjoyable as it can be. I mean, this is your vacation, and we are honored that you choose to spend it with us. I am so happy that you enjoyed everything about the resort and its location in Myrtle Beach. We look forward to you coming back and hopefully staying a little longer next time. Thank you, again.