“New York Prime”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of New York Prime

New York Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
New York Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 870 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between Highway 17 and the Ocean
Description: Golf Magazine’s choice for “where to eat with your clients” and “best steakhouse” by The Myrtle Beach Herald. New York Prime’s menu features USDA prime for every steak such as the monster 40oz. Porterhouse for two, colossal Baked Shrimp and fresh Florida Stone Crabs. The only all-prime experience on the Grand Strand, New York Prime Steakhouse offers an extensive wine list and seating for large parties.
Grayton Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New York Prime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Very nice atmosphere, a little noisy but that was probably from the large group sitting across from our table. We made reservations online and were seated as soon as we walked in the door. Wait staff was very attentive, especially our waiter, william j, who helped guide us with our choice of selections. Another staff member visited our table to ensure the steaks were to our satisfaction, they were cooked to our specifications, very juicy and tender inside with a slight charred outside. Large portions for side items. For us, it was definitely worth a few dollars more for a great steak.

• Visited June 2014

Rockingham, North Carolina
“omg good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

ok so first off me and my wife went here if you want wine to bring at least 240 bucks the menu is all al la carte i got 14 oz prime fillet minon 59.00 dollars wife had the 11oz 56.00 i highly suggest that if its just 2 you spit the sides there huge portions we split the cheesy mashed potatos 15.00 and a bottle of wine 35.00 but i do have to say its cooked pittsburgh style the steaks are thats seared on the outside if you dont like that type of cook you make not like it but for me it was the best fillet i have ever had and the mashed potatos i wish i could replicate they are to die for the atmosphere is very nice its a get dressed up kinda place service was great i would highly recommend to anyone

• Visited March 2014
Myrtle Beach, SC
“Excellent Five Star Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

My lovely bride Betty and I dined at New York Prime on 28th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach, SC last night.

To begin I researched this restaurant online and checked out their menu. The menu suited the dietary needs that Betty has perfectly. After looking at the menu, I noticed that I could book a reservation online which is always perfect for me. The time I chose had available tables.

Upon arrival plenty of parking was available. We parked right at the entrance.

We entered the restaurant to find the most pleasing to the ear music playing. Once inside we were greeted by the hostess who asked if we had reservations. I printed out our reservation and handed it to her. She was delighted to have the paper copy of the reservation.

Betty and I were taken to a table which only sat two. We always sit beside one another and I asked if the restaurant would be full soon and if we could be seated at a table so we could site together side by side. The hostess responded no we won't busy for another hour or so.

Once seated our waiter Billy greeted us and offered wine menu and asked if we would like to order a beverage. The wine menu only showed bottles so I queried Billy if I could purchase a glass of wine for Betty which he responded Of Course!

Billy gave us plenty of time to order and was very patient. The food at this place is purchased al a carte which meant we could order precisely what we wanted with nothing left over or unwanted. Billy informed us that the steaks are all Prime Cut beef aged 28 days with a charred exterior. The steaks are cooked at 1700 degrees.

Betty ordered a 10 oz Prime New York Strip with asparagus and Hollandaise sauce. I ordered a Prime Center Cut Ribeye with Lyonnaise.

In very short order our meals were served to us after I had enjoyed some wonderful raisin bread and butter.

The steaks could have been cut with a fork they were so tender. The Lyonnaise was out of this world. Betty loved her steak and asparagus immensely.

The service was absolutely amazing. Soft drinks were refilled when the glass was half empty at no extra charge. Bread crumbs were removed from the table several times with a type of knife and wrinkles were removed from the tablecloth during our meal.

I had dined at the Sundial Restaurant in Atlanta, Ga several years ago, but New York Prime has them beaten hand and foot. We will return to this grande eating establishment.

Thank you so much Billy for all your wonderful service.

Scott and Betty Lawrence
Myrtle Beach, SC

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank scottk4sl
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Ruth...eat your heart out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Hands down this is the best dining on the Grand Strand! Not my first visit. My family was staying at Cherry Grove for a few days, and I made a reservation for Mother's Day. Mom had a 3# lobster - it was the smallest they serve. And, they do serve it. Bring it out on a cart and remove it from the shell, plate it and serve it. The steaks are "Pittsburgh" style. Always tender; always taste great. Sides are big enough to feed 2-3 people each. Service is spot on - including cleaning the table cloth between courses. This is quality and they know it when they bring the check. Worth it!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dougas S
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“The Best Steak House South of NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

New York Prime is by far the best steak house south of Peter Luger in Brooklyn NY. I have been a regular here for the last 15 years and have always been extremely pleased. They only serve USDA PRIME beef and everything on the menu is first quality. I have dined at Halls Chop House and Oak Steak House in Charleston, SC and Ruth's Chris Steak House in Myrtle Beach, SC, they are all good, but if it's steak you want, there is no comparison, New York Prime blows them away. Everything from the food, service, bar, wine list and atmosphere is top shelf. The staff is professional, knowledgeable, courteous and down to earth, a place you can really have a great time so when you visit Myrtle Beach treat yourself to a very special dining experience! Darryl, the manager has a way of making you feel welcome the second you walk through the door, he is a real professional and a credit to the restaurant, The entire wait staff is exceptional, but Chris is our favorite.

• Visited March 2014