“Nice stay”

Ranked #86 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Wadsworth, Ohio
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Very helpful front desk. Nice and clean facility. Manager Jackie was exceptional to work with. we had a minor problem and she resolved it immediately and exceeded our expectations. Good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank RICK O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
East Quogue, New York
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We just returned from a great week at the Schooner II. We had a large place that felt like a home! There was an updated kitchen with a dishwasher..(I hate doing dishes!) The living room was large and had a flat screen tv, and access to a private ocean view balcony. My favorite part of the trip was waking up and seeing dolphins outside my window! There was a private kids area with bunk beds and the master bedroom was large with a king bed, the bathroom was great and even had a jetted tub. We never used the tub though since the outdoor pool and jacuzzi were awesome. The hotel even put a huge bubble on top of the pool so even in the cold we could use the hot tub and pool. I think that was our children's favorite part. My husband even slipped away to the upstairs jacuzzi where it was very quiet and relaxing. The staff was extremely accommodating and polite every time we came in or needed anything. The hotel is within walking distance to some great restaurants both simple ones and a 5 star sushi Japanese place that was great. The strip is close and we walked there as well which has more restaurants and plenty of family activities. We were very happy with our choice!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank rnelak
ScottH783, General Manager at Schooner II Beach/Racquet Club, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you for your review of our resort. We are glad you enjoyed your unit, the view and our amenities. We hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My boyfriend and I went to Schooner II this past weekend for 2 nights. The room was very clean and had everything that we needed. We had an ocean view condo, that allowed for a great view of the ocean and beach. The people who worked the front desk were exceptionally helpful and friendly. I didn't get the name of the man who works the front desk, but he was especially accommodating. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank shannon z
ScottH783, General Manager at Schooner II Beach/Racquet Club, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your unit and our ocean views. We look forward to you coming back to stay with us again.
marietta
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Our stay here was nice for 4 ladies on a girls trip. We had a 2 bed 2 bath condo. The views were amazing. The condo had everything we needed in the kitchen even had a blender. Been nice if they would have beach chairs, but we brought our own. They did supply pool towels. The day we arrived the pool was shut down due to some kind of problem with it being green. But it was cleared up by the next day. Funny thing we didn't even use it. Just enjoyed kicking back on the beach for the day. Liked that it wasn't crowded. Would stay here in a heartbeat again. We had a problem with the shower not draining, and it was taken care of quick. There is construction next door. We stayed there on a weekend so they were not working.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MariettaMargaret
ScottH783, General Manager at Schooner II Beach/Racquet Club, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for your review and for staying with us at Schooner II. We are happy to hear you liked your accommodations and enjoyed the views and the beach. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Pros: Good Location. Beach not crowded due to tear-down of adjacent property.
Cons: Very very noisy outside as adjacent property is being destroyed for new Hilton. Fold out Queen Sofa was more like a piece of cardboard on top of some springs. Lots of noise inside of room, likely traced to HVAC ducts. A whole lot of problems for the amount of money spent. Beware when booking this facility.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank StuffManPanther
ScottH783, General Manager at Schooner II Beach/Racquet Club, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Thank you for your review. We are happy to read that you enjoyed the beach. We are sorry that the construction next door was an issue for you and hope that you would consider staying with us again in the future.
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I have to say I am very disappointed in this place. My family and I stayed in a one bedroom condo with the ocean view. 2 adults & 2 children. Since I have no clue where to begin I'm just going to list the pro's and con's. (I'm also kicking myself in the behind for not taking pictures of every last thing I'm about to share with you). So here it goes:
PRO's - 13th floor ocean view was great, spacious living room & bedroom, location was great, city view from bedroom (i'll come back to this one later), kitchen was decent,

CON's - Besides the elevators and halls having a not so pleasant smell, our room was no better. As soon as we walked in the smell of mildew was so strong it took us by surprise. I am sensitive to mold & mildew so I was waking up stuffy nosed with a scratchy throat every morning during our stay. I found the source (at least part of it) at the AC unit where the carpet wasnt properly cut away from drain hole. No telling how long thats been going on but I'd hate to lift that carpet to see whats underneath! When we said something to the front desk they sent maintenance up to spray oder neutralizer & that was it. This of course did not help.///// The bathroom was small, not very nice looking at all. There were literally chunks of wall around the base crumbling. Don't even think about using the jetted tub because its disgusting.Even the ceiling in the bathroom was rough. By that I mean the drop ceiling was badly stained and the metal surrounding it was rusted and the ventilation was not so great/////////////
bedroom was nice but this is where I come back to that city view...........it would've been a lovely sight if we were able to see through the windows. I'm not sure the outsides have ever been cleaned. As far as the bunkbeds my kids liked them but the top bunk isnt safe since the mattress was too tall to allow the rail to sit properly////// The living room was also nice looking but very uncomfortable except for the one chair. I dont know what material the couch was made of but it was terrible. It had a plastic feel to it./////////Now out to the pool........1st of all, it was extremely small and not very clean. The stones around the pool were loose to the point i was worried about my kids tripping while walking. The shrubbery around the area was in need of some serious trimming and the path to the beach was just as bad.
Last but not least, upon checkout we were supposed to have an extra 2 hours that we paid for but somehow this was not put through the system so the maids tried barging in on us at 10am followed by a call from the front desk asking if we were aware checkout was at 10. After telling them we'd paid she said ok then called back 5 min later to say it wasnt processed which in turn aggravated us so we said to heck with it and packed up. While taking off the bedsheets as required I found bobby pins (I dont wear them) all over under our bed which tells me housekeeping didnt do a very good job cleaning the condo.

Overall, if you're looking for luxury, you wont find it here. This place needs a total make-over. I'm sure a bunch of college kids would love it but I will never take my family here again. As I said before, I am very disappointed. The only reason I gave it 2 stars was because we actually enjoyed our view from our balcony. I do not recommend Schooners II, not one bit.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank 812ajones1220
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort, and we are happy you enjoyed the beautiful ocean views. We are disappointed to read that you had so many issues with your unit and will bring up the housekeeping and maintenance issues with our staff. While we hate to hear that a guest has had issues at our resort, receiving your review letting us know your concerns will help us improve.
Bristow, Virginia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Realizing we weren't getting a gold crown we went in to our time share exchange a little apprehensive. Actually better then expected but expected the worse. Little out-dated but manageable. Small kitchen with dishes that needed to be washed. Furniture just ok. Beds not bad. Checked under the mattress cover and they actually could have been pretty new. Not much at the hotel itself and what you see in the pictures is about it. On the beach GREAT!!! That is why we are here. City has everything you need.

• Stayed July 2013