“great burgers”

River City Cafe
Ranked #34 of 877 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Madison, North Carolina
“great burgers”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I eat here almost every time i go to the beach. Absolutely love their food, the burgers, sandwiches , onion rings,and fries are delicious i even like their slaw. Everything taste fresh and hot, i don't think you could go wrong here no matter what you order. I have had the mixed drinks a couple times and they were made pretty well and i like the kick backed, relaxed feel the restaurant gives off. service has always been great, but there can be a wait if you go during busy times however its worth it.

• Visited June 2014

Mobile, Alabama
“great place to watch sunset”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We went because we heard the burger menu was fantastic. The burgers lived up to the hype! I have a Pizza Burger and it was delicious. We went right at sunset & sat on the back deck, the weather was perfect & it overlooks the intercoastal canal. We enjoyed the atmosphere, free peanuts, the decor fit the menu. People can sign the walls (so bring a Sharpie) I even enjoyed my pina colada & strawberry margarita. Def stop by if in Myrtle Beach, lots of shopping and people watching too

• Visited May 2014
Plant City, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,600 helpful votes
“Good food, neat atmosphere, but a couple drawbacks”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have been coming to Myrtle Beach every year since 1988. On this trip we got in a little late and headed out to grab some dinner around 9:00PM. My wife and I have four children, all six years and under. We needed something good and inexpensive that was kid friendly and quick. We went to River City Cafe and it met all of our needs.

The host saw us walking up the steps and immediately started grabbing the appropriate menus. We were promptly greeted and asked if we wanted to sit inside or out. We decided to sit outside. Outside seating consists of about seven picnic tables plus the bar. This is a very casual place with a beach or caribbean theme.

River City Cafe specializes in their unique burgers. Think peanut butter burger, fried mac n cheese burger, etc. in addition to the traditional burgers as well. I ordered the surf n turf burger that must have at least been topped with 10 popcorn shrimp! My wife got a traditional burger. My children split two kids meals, mac n cheese and the hot dog, both served with fries. We were all very pleased with the taste and portions of what we received.

Service was good. Our server was very attentive and kept our drinks full, checking on us several times during our meal.

The only downsides to our experience:

1. We found a coupon online, but didn't have a printer. I asked our server if we could use it. She thought we could, but it was never applied to our meal. The $1 off was not a big deal, just the principle of it.

2. They do NOT accept American Express.

Overall we were very pleased with our experiences and would come back again.

I have included several pictures of our visit including the menu, our food and the outdoor seating area.

If you found this review helpful, please let me know by clicking the button below. I would greatly appreciate it!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank bluecookies
“Must Stop”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I try to eat at River City Cafe every time I'm in Myrtle Beach. The turkey burgers are juicy and flavorful. The fries are always fresh and tasty. The portions are huge so take an appetite or friends. Service is always prompt and friendly. Give yourself a treat.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Kevin I
Highmount, NY
“Great value, great food!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Read the reviews and decided to give this a try. If you have a hearty stomach, try the onion rings. So good. I had the fried grouper fingers. We also tried a reuben sandwich and blackened fish sandwich. Great portions, friendly staff and be prepared to wait during busy hours.

Visited June 2014