“Good stay at the KOA”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach KOA Kampground
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We just returned from a 10 day stay in one of the luxury cabins. I was a good price at $160 a night. There was one bedroom with a double bed and bunk beds as well as a futon in the livingroom. The futon was very uncomfortable to sit on - I can't imagine how it was to sleep on. The kitchen was fine, but note there was not a stove, just a stove top on the counter. It was air conditioned (which was lovely in the heat and humidity of August). Beware of ants. You won't be able to leave any food out. My 5 year old left a few fruit loops out and we were infested with ants a few hours later.

I must advise anyone considering staying in the luxury cabins, that linens and towels are provided as are dishes, but beware we found the kitchen seriously lacking. We had eating utensils, plates, bowls, mugs and cups, one paring knife, one small pot and one frying pan and that was all. When we arrived we went to the nearby dollar store and invested in a spatula, a wooden spoon, a corkscrew, a can opener, a large mixing bowl, a large knife and a strainer. We also bought a large pasta pot and clothes hangers as they provide you with a rail but not hangers or any other kind of storage. We left everything except the large pot (which was expensive) in the cabin, so hopefully the next person will be a little better off.

I stayed at this campground every year as a kid and was looking forward to my kids enjoying it as much as I did. I found on this trip that there were not many kids around at all and most of the sites were empty, they filled up slightly on the weekends but generally the campground was very quiet.

There is a golf cart ride available to the beach, which was helpful with all our beach things, but after a few days we found (and preferred) driving to the Myrtle beach state park for the day. Although you have to pay to use the park ($5 per adult and $3 for kids, under 5 are free), we much preferred this beach to any of the others we tried. There were bathroom facilities, shadded picnic areas and a store by the pier. There is also a nature center you can visit with your admission fee.

We also tried out Surfside Beach which was also a better beach. At high tide there is only a few feet of sand, but a low tide the beach is really large. There are washrooms available and lifeguards as well, but you do need to search for (and pay) metered parking.

Overall the campground was clean and tidy. There were not many activities for the kids. We tagged along to a few and there were usually only a handful of kids there (5 ish) . As mentioned before there are pools and a splash pad. Both are fine and acceptable.

It was a good visit to Myrtle Beach and I had a good time, but next time I would try a different accomodation.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was the third campground that I have stayed at at Myrtle Beach. By far the worst.

I will start with the good. When we arrived we were escorted to our site by an employee. I can't recall his name now but he had red hair and a pony tail. This man was excellent! He made sure we navigated the roads fine with our trailer and then he guided us into our site. Normally I hate it when anyone but my wife guides me in, but he was a pro. His signals were clear and he got us in perfectly with our awning lined up with the middle of the site. I saw him later in the week helping two landings even set up their septic hose. He goes above and beyond! I wish I could say the same for the rest of the place.

Another nice thing were the sites. They were nice and large and the campground was well shaded. This is really nice in such a hit place. The feel of the campground was nice.

This is where the good ends. One night we decided to stroll down to the kwik mart. We had our double stroller with our three young kids. The first thing that stood out were the signs. My kids of course wanted to see the toys they had. They had signs saying not to touch them. What do they expect kids to do? I mean, this is a campground with families on vacation, of course kids want to see the toys. If they are going to be that up tight about it they should stop selling them. Then to top off the visit it turns out we got there just a little before closing because the turned the lights off on us. An employee passed us a few times but never bothered to tell us that they were closing, they just turned the lights out. So we had to navigate our kids and stroller out of the store in the dark. We passed a couple employees and they never said anything. Extremely rude!

They had a few other things for the kids, but compared to the other campgrounds and resorts they really are not trying hard. They have a splash pad, but it is really small. The pools were freezing the whole time.

Overall not a place I would care to visit again. They really need a staff overhaul. I would like to see the red haired dude take over and start running the place, I think it would be a lot better.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank QMastaD
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was our second stay at the Myrtle Beach KOA, and I cannot begin to explain how excellent our stay was! The staff went above and beyond the call of duty, making us feel welcome and ensuring we had everything we needed for our stay. Their facility is very clean,including our quaint camping cabin and the bathhouses we used. it was so easy to relax on the campground and off, seeing as it is just a few blocks from the beach.They had tons of activities to keep our boys occupied and smiling the entire time! We will definitely be returning! Thanks for a great vacation!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bethany C
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Got here late on a Friday afternoon. Had a reservation at the state park but that did not happen. Great location 3 blocks from the beach. Sites are mostly pull thru which is nice after a long day on the road. Lots of activities but we were here for the beach. Campground staff was excellant as well as the manager Jeremiah. Would not consider another campground if coming to the Myrtle Beach area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frank W
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed in site 302, and while it was close to the exit heading towards the beach, it was far from the bathrooms. We never even visited their bathroom b/c it was just too long of a hike.

The actual campground is very large and well kept. There seemed to be plenty of activities going on, but we didn't participate in any. Walking to the beach is about 3 blocks, but beware of the traffic. Cars do not give pedestrians the right of way. Also, the beach that we walked to was a bit lacking for us (no public washrooms and no lifeguards). We ended up spending our beach day at Myrtle Beach state park (which I highly recommend).

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

The cabin and site was great. The employees were great to. The only thing we didn't like was the bathrooms!!! There was no way my daughter and I was going to step foot in the showers!!! The rest was great though!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

As first timer RVers, we found this site to be great, the pull thru site are spacious and perfect, they offer picnic table and a fire pit which was eat. Also they some how have bugs under controlled. Set up was quick and fast and off we were to explore the property. This place is great for kids, lots of things to do. I traveled with my husband and 6 month old daughter, we used the splash pad which she and I enjoyed. can't wait until we return when she is a tad bit older so she can really use all they have to offer. A little pricey per night but after seeing what if offered for the kids is beats the price overnight at a hotel/motel on MB. We stayed July 2-July 6. They had a 4th of July golf cart parade which the kids really enjoyed. Awesome place.

They offer beach transfer on a large golf cart, laundry and game room.

If you are thinking of going, STOP THINKING AND GO..
My family and I will be back.. Site147

Room Tip: Rent a golf cart, easier to get to and from faster.