“Much Better Mini-Golf Than This ...”
Review of Jurassic Golf

Jurassic Golf
Colorado Springs
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Much Better Mini-Golf Than This ...”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Myrtle Beach has TONS of Mini-Golf, so of course, I wanted to try them all. I love mini-golf and enjoy everything from the actual experience of the game, to the attractiveness of the course, the landscaping, etc.

Jurassic Golf, to me, was the lowest experience I had during my Myrtle Beach stay. I would have given it a "one-point" rating had it not been for the dinosaurs. Even upon walking in, we couldn't tell if it was open or closed. There was an older gentleman behind the counter reading a book, and was quite terse/rude when we asked about playing.

First off, let me point out that if you are just going for the couple (3) dinosaurs you see while driving past, don't even spend your money. Just park and take photos right out in front on Kings Highway. Those are the ONLY dinosaurs in the entirety of the two 18 hole courses, and are truthfully only accessible by going on the "ice age" course. In fact, along Kings Highway, you are just as close to them then you would be if you actually were playing. They are purely a tourist trap.

The dinosaurs you see look cool, but are in no way interactive with play. You just see them. The two that worked while I was there were the velociraptor and the delophasaurus (spitter from Jurassic Park movie). They were cool and looked realistically like they were pulled off the movie set. The T-Rex looked cool, but had his head hanging down. We were informed that the t-rex had been struck by lightning a year ago and hadn't been repaired. The last dinosaur that you don't even really see is a triceratops that is on a ledge. This one looks terrible and seems to be made out of cement, and has paint flaking off. Really grungy looking.

The course layout and challenge were kind of boring. Most are just straight shots on artificial putting greens. Nothing really interesting other than a jump and a bridge. The upkeep of the course was a joke as we had to putt around debris, leaves, and branches.

The landscaping was okay. It's Myrtle Beach, so how bad can it be?! Well, quite a few of their plants were dying somehow, a whole lot of weird rocked places covered up what I assumed was once some plant area that died. ALL the water on the entirety of the course was dirty. When I say dirty, I don't mean it had leaves, but that it was actually growing sludge in it. Most courses dye their water bluish, but theirs was certainly a slime green color.

Again, this was the "off-season", so maybe they don't care about the customers paying full price during this time of year.

Bringing me to my last point. Price. $9.00/person per course. With only two of us, that was $18 for a single course. There was no apparent deal on buying two games, just straight across the board $9 a game. This may seem to be okay in the sense that, "it is Myrtle Beach, after all"; however, right down the road are a number of other courses that are $5/game, and even if they were pricey for the first game, the second game you can usually get for $2.

We discovered after our game that Jurassic Golf's "owners" own 4 other mini golfs on the Kings Highway stretch and the Midway golf course. We looked into the others pretty skeptically, but decided not to even bother with the same pricing and disappointing play. You can easily look into which ones those are.

Overall, as the title states, there are PLENTY of mini-golf places you can go that are way better: pricing, play, and attractiveness. I won't post those on this review, as I am not soliciting, but you can check my other reviews, or just go anywhere else on your own and you'll see what I mean.

Visited November 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
6 attraction reviews
“Putt Putt golf”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

It was a very nice course but I thought it was a little pricey. It cost us $10 a person to play for each course

Visited October 2013
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“fun for grandchildren”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My grandchildren had a blast at this putt-putt course. The course is very well kept and secure.
I live in the area and take the kids almost every weekend to play a different attraction.

Discounts for local people should be more than a dollar off. Just ask for ID.

Children had a good time will go back before busy season starts again.

Visited September 2013
Buford, Georgia
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“Good Challenging Course!”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This course surprised us because we honestly were not expecting all that much from a course that was kind of "stuck out in nowhere" between Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach but this turned out to be one of the biggest challenges on our vacation. 2 courses to choose from, one is more or less flat terrain and one has a lot of up and down with hills and steps.

First off, we purchased a 5 golf course package at the Dragon's Lair which includes one round of golf at all the courses owned by the same company for just $35/player. If you plan to play a lot of mini-golf while in Myrtle Beach, this is a great deal. Jurassic Golf is one of those 5 courses.

We went on Friday night after dinner and had no problems playing right through the Predator Course. We chose that one because that's the one with all the hills and elevation changes which made for an awesome round of golf. Plenty of finesse holes where you have to hit the ball just hard enough but not too hard going both up and down. Some very long fairways and even one where you have to jump the ball over water.

Fun dinosaur characters for the kids with plenty of steam and sounds. Good challenge for the adults and the kids should like it too. This was a nice surprise for us and we will definitely be revisiting Jurassic Golf next time we're in Myrtle Beach.

Visited September 2013
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very fun”
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Very fun the dinos move and make sounds and there is info on the dinos so its fun and educational at the same time would go back

Visited July 2013