My family and I stayed at this hotel last week and we have had a very pleasant experience. The hotel itself is very well maintained and so are the grounds. Location was perfect for us, about 8 miles from the Hustle and bustle of downtown Myrtle Beach (where the boardwalk is) and about a mile from the ocean. I wanted a quiet and upscale sector of MB and I got it at Marina Inn. Here is my list of pros and cons :
Pros : large room, nice kitchen area and nice bathrooms (had a 2 br. Suite), pool area is great with small kids (gradual entry pool and kids section with 3ft depth max.), clean everywhere, no hidden fees (parking is included, internet, housekeeping, bathrobes, beach shuttle, beach section with towels) so basically, once you have paid for your room, you only have to pay for the food. Grocery store is right across the street but I would recommend going by car because it is a big hwy and it might be a little hard to get back with the grocery bags and stuff. Beach section is nice, with umbrellas, towels, chairs and lifeguard. Shuttle picks you upon request and can be reached at all times via intercom. The overall look and feel of the hotel is luxurious and is located in a luxurious neighbourhood that looked very safe.
Cons : I personnally called the hotel to request a marina view room as mentionned on tripadvisor and although they have put me in the Marina Tower, they've given me a room on the ground floor with only bush as a view. The previous room that was allocated to us was on the fourth floor of a tower with view of the intracoastal waters, and still the person i had on the phone thought i would prefer the ground floor with no view at all...I found it odd but did not complain upon check in, it was late and dark and I did not want to repack and change room the next morning when I figured it out. Ground floor rooms have no access
whatsoever to the pool area even if it is on the same level, you have to take the elevator to the second floor to get to the pool.. The room smelled a bit funny, i didn't like the odor at all, it was not inviting. Two lightbulbs were not working. A/C was quite loud but functionning very well. There was no sponge or clothes to wash and wipe the dishes and no dish soap. The was a window in the kids bedroom with a view of the outside corridor so if you forgot to close the blinds, everyone passing in the corridor would see in the room. That was a bit scary because the ground floor corridor was at the same level as the parking lot, so basically almost anybody could access this corridor. Also at night, a powerful corridor light was going through this window and the blinds were not sufficient to keep the room dark. I did not like this feature at all, no window would have been better
Overall a very good experience with only minor flaws... All staff were extremely kind and
helpful to us. They also have a business center with two computers with internet access
(free), a free printer and a fax. It was great to be able to print coupons and plane tickets
without having to pay... I would recommend this hotel and go back there in a heartbeat but I would not want to be on the ground floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located to top area attractions; AAA 4 diamond rated since 2007 and a 2011 TripAdvisor Top 25 Hotel in the US. Amenities include private access beach with full amenities; pools, whirlpools, sauna, workout facility, two golf courses and tennis onsite & summer children's activities. Additional amenities include: Wi-Fi, valet parking, concierge and in-room spa services. Dining options range from casual to elegant and include our signature restaurant WaterScapes and Ruths Chris also located onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers and TravelUp so you can book your Marina Inn at Grande Dunes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Inn At Grande Dunes Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel At Grande Dunes