We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite with 2 full baths with a view of the water and boats. This is by far the largest suite we have stayed in (1200 square feet) and one of the nicest with a full kitchen and nice beds and bathrooms.
The location is very convenient to most areas in Myrtle Beach. A 10 min drive to Barefoot Landing and 10 mins to Broadway on the Beach. The shuttle to the private beach worked for us. Downtown to the ferris wheel and the teen club is closer to 20 minutes by car. My teenage daughter and her friend like that area better, but most adults would prefer this location as it is convenient to shopping, entertainment and restaurants. Maid service was late in the day, but the staff was professional and curteous to us.
We received a special deal from Marriott if we sat thru a 90 min timeshare presentation. We saved over 50% of the regular price. I would say that it was worth the 90 min sales presentation to be at such a lovely resort for a really good price.
Looking forward to getting another good deal next year. This is a 4 star resort. We have stayed on Disney property and the Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk, and the Grand Floridan and this resort gives Disney's a run for their money. You will be happy hear. We ate at the local restaurants and did not eat at the hotel. My only complaint is that I was not happy with the coffee in the room. We are picky coffee drinkers and have a Keriug K Cup machine. We stopped at Dukin D and McDonalds and had their coffee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located to top area attractions; AAA 4 diamond rated since 2007 and a 2011 TripAdvisor Top 25 Hotel in the US. Amenities include private access beach with full amenities; pools, whirlpools, sauna, workout facility, two golf courses and tennis onsite & summer children's activities. Additional amenities include: Wi-Fi, valet parking, concierge and in-room spa services. Dining options range from casual to elegant and include our signature restaurant WaterScapes and Ruths Chris also located onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marina Inn at Grande Dunes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Inn At Grande Dunes Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel At Grande Dunes