Let me start off by saying this hotel does have many nice qualities however proper management just isn't one of them. Let's start off with the good. The hotel itself is beautiful. Though you are on the marina side and lack ocean view the views of the golf course and marina are gorgeous. This was my first time at this hotel and also the first time I didn't stay oceanfront . they do have a shuttle service to get you back and forth from the beach where they have chairs set up on their private section. The problem with all that is the shuttle stops at 5 so you feel rushed and the beach chairs are older then me(about to be 40 btw). My room wasn't ready until 430 and when I finally got up to my room which is a very nice walk and elevator ride with a family of 5 and luggage in tow my key would not open the door. The maid was on the floor at the time and her key wouldn't open it either. Trying to get someone at front desk was quite challenging as this place lacks communication and proper management. finally security opens the door and I walk into a room with no furniture in it. At this point I think I'm being punked for sure! After over an hour of my time wasted they finally put me in a room (of course not the one I requested when making my reservation)but after some more complaining which is what every traveler loves to do on their first day of vacation after driving 10 hours they put me into the room I requested. It was lovely except for the filthy stained and torn chair that I had to have removed. Luckily that chair did not reflect the rest of the resort as it was very clean. Keep in mind the entire time I was asking for the hotel manager ,who I was told is named David but I referred to him as "the great and powerful Oz" because I'm told he exists but in my 6 days there never met or heard from him once! Housekeeping is great if they remember to clean your room as one day mine was not cleaned until after 5 and that was only because I complained yet again. There was also a complete lack of management at the pool as their pool speakers never worked correctly but as luck would have it there was a giant family staying there who thought the pool was in their very own back yard and blasted their delightful toons all day. Again no management around. Let me also state that I did have the pleasure of meeting Michael who introduced himself as the food and beverage manager there as they do have an upscale restaurant on site. He was very nice and tried to be as helpful as he could buying us dinner along with some other comps that were greatly appreciated and very much deserved. If this place can manage to get their act together and management can step up a bit I would give it a much higher rating and would put it in the running with some of the nicer oceanfront resorts. And for petesake "Oz" or David as they like to call him communicate with your staff and when a guest as a problem make an appearance or at the very least a phone call would have been nice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located to top area attractions; AAA 4 diamond rated since 2007 and a 2011 TripAdvisor Top 25 Hotel in the US. Amenities include private access beach with full amenities; pools, whirlpools, sauna, workout facility, two golf courses and tennis onsite & summer children's activities. Additional amenities include: Wi-Fi, valet parking, concierge and in-room spa services. Dining options range from casual to elegant and include our signature restaurant WaterScapes and Ruths Chris also located onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Marina Inn at Grande Dunes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Inn At Grande Dunes Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel At Grande Dunes