“Great place”

Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
Ranked #6 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed at Marina Inn at Grand Dunes in early April. Great place. Loved dining at Waterscapes restaurant as well as hanging by the bar. The rooms very very spacious and updated with great view of the waterway.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MarinaInnManager, Manager at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Sanjshah2014, Thank you for taking time to post such positive comments regarding your stay here at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes. We are thrilled you were able to enjoy WaterScapes Restaurant as well as our lobby bar Reflections. We do hope to see you back at the hotel again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,783)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I really liked my accomodations at this hotel. This was my first stay but it won't be my last. The room was spacious and beautiful (we had the 2-bedroom suite). We visit MB at least once per year so I will definitely stay here again at some point. The only con ( for lack of a better word), we were not on the beach as my family is accustomed to. That was just a small problem tho because the hotel provided shuttle to their private beach entrance or you can take the short drive yourself. I was very satisfied. Two thumbs up!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Kearsehughes, Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback you have provided regarding your stay with us here at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes! We are so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your spacious two-bedroom suite and found our shuttle service to the beach along with the amenities there to be satisfactory. We do hope that the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes becomes your only choice when visiting the Myrtle Beach area! Thank you again and we do look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We took so enjoyed our stay at Marina Inn! We stayed over spring break and while there were many people, the hotel could not have been more accommodating. The pool area was wonderful with great service from the bar. We chose a two bedroom suite for my entire family. Plenty of room, great views and great service. Would definitely choose to stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

It is so nice to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes over your spring break vacation. We appreciate your comments about our staff and rooms. Thank you for selecting the Marina Inn for your family vacation to Myrtle Beach and we look forward to your future stays with us!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Let me start off by saying this hotel does have many nice qualities however proper management just isn't one of them. Let's start off with the good. The hotel itself is beautiful. Though you are on the marina side and lack ocean view the views of the golf course and marina are gorgeous. This was my first time at this hotel and also the first time I didn't stay oceanfront . they do have a shuttle service to get you back and forth from the beach where they have chairs set up on their private section. The problem with all that is the shuttle stops at 5 so you feel rushed and the beach chairs are older then me(about to be 40 btw). My room wasn't ready until 430 and when I finally got up to my room which is a very nice walk and elevator ride with a family of 5 and luggage in tow my key would not open the door. The maid was on the floor at the time and her key wouldn't open it either. Trying to get someone at front desk was quite challenging as this place lacks communication and proper management. finally security opens the door and I walk into a room with no furniture in it. At this point I think I'm being punked for sure! After over an hour of my time wasted they finally put me in a room (of course not the one I requested when making my reservation)but after some more complaining which is what every traveler loves to do on their first day of vacation after driving 10 hours they put me into the room I requested. It was lovely except for the filthy stained and torn chair that I had to have removed. Luckily that chair did not reflect the rest of the resort as it was very clean. Keep in mind the entire time I was asking for the hotel manager ,who I was told is named David but I referred to him as "the great and powerful Oz" because I'm told he exists but in my 6 days there never met or heard from him once! Housekeeping is great if they remember to clean your room as one day mine was not cleaned until after 5 and that was only because I complained yet again. There was also a complete lack of management at the pool as their pool speakers never worked correctly but as luck would have it there was a giant family staying there who thought the pool was in their very own back yard and blasted their delightful toons all day. Again no management around. Let me also state that I did have the pleasure of meeting Michael who introduced himself as the food and beverage manager there as they do have an upscale restaurant on site. He was very nice and tried to be as helpful as he could buying us dinner along with some other comps that were greatly appreciated and very much deserved. If this place can manage to get their act together and management can step up a bit I would give it a much higher rating and would put it in the running with some of the nicer oceanfront resorts. And for petesake "Oz" or David as they like to call him communicate with your staff and when a guest as a problem make an appearance or at the very least a phone call would have been nice!

Room Tip: We stayed in a two bedroom suite that over looked waterway and golf course. Great views
4  Thank ilovevaca058
DavidinMB, General Manager at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Ilovevaca: Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review of your stay. Thanks also for your positive comments regarding the beauty of our property, great marina, pool and intracoastal views, and free shuttle service. Most guests love our private beach with beach chairs and umbrellas…amenities that are not found anywhere else on the beach. Our beach chairs are made of wood and cloth and are only a few years old. I will inspect all of our chairs to insure they all meet our high quality standards. Our shuttle service is actually on demand so if you wanted to enjoy the beach after 5, we would be happy to pick you up at your convenience. Beach chairs and umbrellas must be off the beach per the local ordinance. We are sorry if this was an inconvenience to you and your family.
I am also very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during check in. A maintenance issue occurred in the room we had blocked for you and I am so sorry the move to another room of your preference did not transition smoothly. We have met with our front office and maintenance team to insure this issue has been resolved for future guests. By the way, my staff was keeping me informed and I understood with the offering of a free night and dinner in our dining room, that you knew that we cared about your experience. If this was a misunderstanding…once again I am sorry we did not speak personally.
We inspected the speakers at the pool…thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am also sorry for the other family’s use of the pool causing you an uncomfortable experience. We police the pool area on a regular basis and will react when there is a safety issue.
You probably know that I did follow up with you after your stay.
The entire team at The Marina Inn looks forward to your return and we hope you will consider us for your Myrtle Beach vacations for many years to come. Thank you again! Sincerely, David Nelson, General Manager.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Let me first begin by saying the hotel is beautiful, the room large and comfortable, and the outdoor pool and jacuzzi awesome. Now, we arrived at about 10:45 after driving 16hrs to get there. The lounge was open and we were all looking forward to some cocktails to unwind.My friend and i went into the bar,there was no bartender to be found.My friend sat down while i went to tell the ladies parking the car where we were.When the ladies came in we went inside.my friend had a drink in his hand and the rest of the party was told,rather rudely, that the bar is closed.First i asked the front desk upon arrival what time the bar was open til and was told its the bartenders discretion. there was another guest in the lounge when we first walked in.So,since we all like a couple of drinks and two of us are in "the business" she cost the hotel and she cost herself a nice tip.But furthermore we decided right then we were not going to use the lounge or restaurant during our stay.Very poor start to our stay. Also they have a nice shuttle that won't take you anywhere.Whats the point? We loved Myrtle beach but theres no way we'd stayed there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank jackstraw862

Dear Jackstraw: Thank you for taking the time to submit the review of your recent stay and thank you for your wonderful comments about the beautiful hotel, rooms, pool and Jacuzzis.
I am terribly sorry that the lobby bar closed and you were not able to relax after such a long drive. I have spoken with my food and beverage team and I promise we will react better in the future. There was no reason we did not keep the bar open for you except it was slow prior to your arrival. This issue has been remedied…I am so sorry for your poor experience at the beginning of your vacation.
Our shuttles are always on call to take guests to our private beach and cabana…not shuttle around Myrtle Beach. 99% of our guests have their own vehicles and it is not usually an issue. I am sorry if this caused you any inconvenience. There is always a local cab service we can use as a backup for guests.
Than you for taking the time to write your review. I am truly sorry you felt the bar being closed was a “slap in the face”. I promise you, that was not our intent!! We are grateful to you for staying with us. Thanks again. Sincerely, David Nelson, General Manager

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Not a bad thing to say. Employees were full of helpful information on places to eat and gold. Pool and hot tubs were open all night to guests. The hotel is in the center of everything happening in Myrtle Beach. We will be revisiting The Marina Inn again next year!

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank jmcaz5
MarinaInnManager, Manager at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

jmcaz5, It is so nice to hear how you enjoyed your stay at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes during your visit to the Myrtle Beach area. We especially appreciate your comments regarding how helpful our staff was and will be sure to share your comment with them. Thank you for choosing to stay with us here during your travels. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again next year!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Right on the inter coastal water way.. Resort golf club spectacular . Help was friendly and helpful. Rooms were spotless and roomy ..walk right to Ruth Chris and stare at all the expensive boats. This was my 5 th visit and can't wait till next year

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank M M

M M, We truly appreciate the positive feedback you have provided regarding your recent stay here at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes but are even more thrilled that you continue to stay with us each time you are in the Myrtle Beach area. We are grateful for your continued support and look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home for your 6th visit and many more to come!